: Is there a reason people aren't hosting their Cadillac images here?

Lord Cadillac
06-09-11, 10:22 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/

Wondering if I should just close that area. The last upload was July 28th, 2010...

Stingroo
06-09-11, 10:55 PM
Never even knew it existed to be honest.

Aron9000
06-10-11, 02:20 AM
^ Same

ben.gators
06-10-11, 03:24 AM
^
Same here

Stingroo
06-10-11, 09:15 AM
Verdict: publicity is required.

Xtreme70SS
06-10-11, 09:29 AM
Same here, haven't been here that long but never knew we could host photos here.. Good resource, already a ton of photos there - be a shame to cut off links to those posts that use them as well.

GizmoQ
06-10-11, 10:20 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/

Wondering if I should just close that area. The last upload was July 28th, 2010...

I was wondering where those went to. I've got a bunch of pics to add to my album, but since the changeover haven't found them till now.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-10-11, 11:10 AM
how would we use it once its uploaded?

The Tony Show
06-10-11, 11:19 AM
Also never knew it was there, lol.

I also think most of us old timers got in the habit of hosting off site when the albums got all borked on the old software.

Lord Cadillac
06-10-11, 11:28 AM
Thanks, guys. I'll have to figure out a way to make it stand out better...

Submariner409
06-10-11, 03:29 PM
Never knew it existed. The individual vehicle Albums are now buried under a non-descriptive "Community" tab up top ^^^ and very few even know how to create an album. I try to keep mine up-to-date with diagrams and parts but no one ever hits them...........

.............and how does one post Cadillac images in there ?? Awfully busy for only one picture description.

Spoke too soon.............."waiting for www.cadillacforums.com".

DouglasJRizzo
06-10-11, 08:08 PM
There's no "commercial chassis" section... :cool2:

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 08:29 PM
so the pictures i posted to my profile album (hosted here) don't count?

i'm sure people have been using the profile albums (not as much as you probably would like)
i've had a couple problems (hiccups) getting them posted there, but for the most part it was painless

but this section is different, and i should post again those photos from my album into there?

Lord Cadillac
06-10-11, 10:34 PM
You don't have to use both sections. The one I'm referring to here is a place to put your photos if you want them to be seen. Pictures in this area are easier to find than those in the albums. People coming here looking for pictures of Cadillac vehicles probably won't find them in the other spot.

Aron9000
06-11-11, 02:52 AM
Sal, I love this site, the community, and the people here to death. But it isn't the smoothest running site, it sometimes lags and gives me fits. That's why I wouldn't load photos here, just host them offsite on something like photobucket or fquick.com

Just being deadpan honest with you here, I'd rather have a smoother running site than the ability to host photos here.

Lord Cadillac
06-11-11, 04:02 AM
I hear you. I'm all for simplicity. For whatever reason, I suppose to stay ahead of the pack, this forum software has become quite bloated. Though it seems to be improving slowly as time goes on. Some of the new features are nice - like auto save of posts. But there are a lot of built in features that cannot be turned off that I feel are unnecessary. Then again, half the people feel they "are" necessary. So there's no way to please everyone. I think we have a good mix of "stuff" to please most people.

As for usability, I'm pretty sure we're improving as time goes on. The initial upgrade to version 4 of vBulletin fixed some issues - but slowed things down a bit and kinda hurt the site aesthetically. I think this latest version has made some improvements. Unless I'm mistaken, future versions are going to focus more on usability...

Sal, I love this site, the community, and the people here to death. But it isn't the smoothest running site, it sometimes lags and gives me fits. That's why I wouldn't load photos here, just host them offsite on something like photobucket or fquick.com

Just being deadpan honest with you here, I'd rather have a smoother running site than the ability to host photos here.

billc83
06-11-11, 11:13 AM
I never knew about this feature, but I do know the albums were down for some time. That might have affected it, as well...

jayoldschool
06-11-11, 02:26 PM
I like having my photobucket on a separate tab. Much quicker to access pics.

Jesda
06-12-11, 01:02 AM
There's a photopoast?

/jimbo