: Renewed XM for $77 a year

hulksdaddy
06-09-11, 07:41 PM
Well, with taxes and so, comes to about $90 a year. And, they will bill me, won't give them a credit card. :cool2:

EVIL_C5
06-09-11, 07:50 PM
I haven't decided if I'm going to do mine on the v. Been loading music on the hdd and have my iPhone full of music and podcasts.

Had xm for 9 years and every year you have to battle with them or they will hit you with 13 or so dollars a month.

hulksdaddy
06-09-11, 08:30 PM
That's why no credit card for me. If I decide I don't want to renew, I tell them. None of this charge me even when I don't want it crap, as they are known to do.

qictrk
06-09-11, 08:56 PM
Well, with taxes and so, comes to about $90 a year. And, they will bill me, won't give them a credit card. :cool2:

How did you get the $77 rate? They quote me a lot higher. Cecil.....................

hulksdaddy
06-09-11, 09:22 PM
Just call up, tell them the only way you'll renew is at $77 for the year. If they balk, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they still balk, hang up, call again. Different person, different results.

DrumStix
06-10-11, 12:00 AM
Just call up, tell them the only way you'll renew is at $77 for the year. If they balk, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they still balk, hang up, call again. Different person, different results.

Exactly. They will honor it if you press them. Their processes are pretty inconsistent. Also, tell them you want them to invoice you, no cc and they will honor that as well. I have the direct ph# to the director of customer retention and may decide to share it privately if folks have issues getting the $77 rate beyond what is posted here.

baabootoo
06-10-11, 12:38 AM
Well, at least I wasn't the only one getting crap from them then, huh?

jb_bgg
06-10-11, 01:15 AM
Does that rate include live traffic?

EVIL_C5
06-10-11, 05:44 AM
Does that rate include live traffic?

no, navtraffix is another 3.99 a month....

every year I play the little game with them, I get a bill in the mail for almost 400 dollars for 3 radio's, call and tell them im not paying 400 dollars for radio, then they talk tough and say thats the best they can do. I ask to speak to someone else or call back, or in a couple of cases, just let it run out.....then the tune changes...

in these times, its probably a pretty tough sell to get people to pay full price when fm is free and most people have mp3 players.....

BeagleBrains
06-10-11, 10:20 AM
I presently have a SIRIOUS/XM Contact for Two (2) Cars.
Ever on-going problem BEGAN with the sale of my 2004 CTS V in August 2010:
By all means, keep records!
BELOW is a partial record of communications with SIRIOUS/XM:
* Sent By "XM Listener Care" <xmradio@email.xmradio.com> On: May 6, 2011 12:46 PM
#11nn..XXX (Edited ID) AYMG40WK
** Sent By "XM Listener Care" <xmradio@email.xmradio.com> On: March 10, 2011 4:21 PM
XM Misses You! Come back to XM for just $4.99* a month
*** Sent By SprnCpr On: March 6, 2011 5:47 PM
As evident by the XM message on March 2, 2011, I doubt that I may ever have confidence in the accuracy of XM Record Keeping. Your message of 03/05/2011 04:30 PM is contradicted by the "OFFER DETAILS" statement!?
**** Sent By SprnCpr On: March 6, 2011 5:47 PM
Response (Andrea Jones) 03/05/2011 04:30 PM
Dear SIRIUS|XM Subscriber,
We are writing to confirm that your account 1-17213371136 reflects a zero balance. .... .. and sincerely apologize for the mistake ....
***** Sent By SprnCpr On: February 28, 2011 10:22 AM
Question Reference #11nn..XXX Summary: User Feedback from siriusxm.com
Date Created: 02/10/2011 01:17 PM
Account # 1-3#11nn..XXX Balance Due $0.00 Last Payment $735.71
Cadillac 2011 CTS V VIN: 1G6DV1EP2B0NNNYYY Car Phone: 1-319-432-9976
Corvette 2007 VIN: 1G1YY36U872NNNYYY Car Phone: 1-329-899-2787
Cadillac 2004 CTS V VIN: 1G6DN57S243NNNYYY
****** Sent By SIRIUS XM Listener Care Operations On: February 27, 2011 10:50 AM
Within the last week I received an 1-877- Call from someone claiming to be a COLLECTION AGENCY acting in behalf of SiriusXM Radio.
******* Sent By SIRIUS XM Listener Care Operations On: February 11, 2011 10:49 AM
Following purchase of the 2011 CTS V, I then sold and notified XM Radio services to terminate the 2004 CTS V - AYMMN69XX Contract. (This occurred in August 2010!)
After a lengthy conversation, I attempted to clarify that I own only two (2) GM Autos with an active XM Radio.
The XM Representative concluded the conversation with:
"Mr. Rohr. Your account now includes four (4) cars."
I ended the conversation with: "Oh my God, what have a gotten in to?" :helpless:

EVIL_C5
06-10-11, 10:54 AM
wow, and I thought I had it bad when I cancelled 2 radio's when i sold my C5 and traded in the wifes CTS for my V.

they couldnt grasp the concept of removing 2 radios because I dont own the cars....

jb7952
06-10-11, 10:59 AM

Is that with or w/o the Internet listening option?

Tedboss1
06-10-11, 11:10 AM
Last month XM charged $201 to mu Visa for 1 year subscription.
I called them back upset to cancel my subscription.
After being passed around I ended up with a supervisor which gave me a deal of $108 per year.
I guess I should have negotiated harder to get the $77 deal.
I'm located in Canada.

qictrk
06-10-11, 01:56 PM
I just got two cars for $77 plus fee's. I had no hassel with anyone. The salesperson said she would see if that promotion was still on. She came back and said it was, and signed me up.
I just get the basic stuff. Cecil.................

Tedboss1
06-10-11, 02:38 PM
I
just got two cars for $77 plus fee's. I had no hassel with anyone. The salesperson said she would see if that promotion was still on. She came back and said it was, and signed me up.
I just get the basic stuff. Cecil.................

$77 for 2 cars that is a good deal....

qictrk
06-10-11, 03:53 PM
I

$77 for 2 cars that is a good deal....
Sorry, meant per car. You know what I meant Ted. Cecil...............:yawn:

jft69z
06-10-11, 04:03 PM
I've been doing the $77 rate for a few years now on the different vehicles. Last time was $20 for 5 months. I did that for all 3 vehicles at the time but when it ended they wouldn't let me do it again, said it was a promotional deal, blah, blah, blah. She tried to get me for full price but I mentioned the $77 deal again. The trick to XM is they need to hear a few key words before they will give you the better rate. They need to hear that it 'cost's too much' or that you are going to 'Cancel' the service outright if they don't give you the reduced rates. Asking for a supervisor works also, but they need to hear the two phrases mentioned and they will deal with you. They are recording the conversation so the sales rep I got last time repeated to me that if I didn't get the $77 deal that I would cancel, my answer...absolutely! She did the same thing for all 3 vehicles, making sure to confirm that it cost too much and I would cancel if they didn't give me the $77 deal.

urnodaisy
06-10-11, 06:11 PM
With my first radio that I purchased 4 years ago I was able to buy a lifetime subscription for ~$570 if I remember correctly. Now I have my V and I think it is utter BS they no longer offer the lifetime subscription. I wish I could say eff them and not purchase it for my V but I am hooked now. Pffft!

BeagleBrains
06-10-11, 08:06 PM
Just as I expected; each representative is trained to gouge every potential customer.
You are expected to become so frustrated that you just give in!
My final negotiation about a month ago ended with Life Time Contracts.

Mike02z
06-11-11, 12:11 AM
I had the 77 per year on the radio in my vette when I first bought it in 2008. When I upgraded the audio system I went with the portable XM module. Took me multiple attempts but I finally got it for 77 per year. Every year I will call to cancel and they give it to me again for 77 per year. I tell them I don't have a credit card so they bill me (they add 2 bucks to the bill).

When I bought my V I called them and they said I could not get the 77 deal as that deal was "not good on this radio". I said OK and called back. Next time the rep said she could give me the 77 rate and I said "including the traffic?" and she said "No, I can't do that" so I said thanks and told her I was not interested.

A few weeks go by and my free trial is about to run out. XM sends me a letter and I call again. Told them I would pay 77 per year with the traffic and in 2 seconds the rep said "no problem". I also am having a bill sent to my house. I could have saved 2 bucks by using a credit card but I'm never giving XM a credit card number.

XM/Sirius customer service is one of the worst in my opinion. They hang up on you, transfer you to dead air, send you to the wrong department, etc. A lot of companies off-shore this kind of call center work but the XM/Sirius training and documenation must be non existant. I like XM radio but I hate having to deal with their so called customer service. Just brutal.

JFJr
06-11-11, 03:02 PM
I had the 77 per year on the radio in my vette when I first bought it in 2008. When I upgraded the audio system I went with the portable XM module. Took me multiple attempts but I finally got it for 77 per year. Every year I will call to cancel and they give it to me again for 77 per year. I tell them I don't have a credit card so they bill me (they add 2 bucks to the bill).

When I bought my V I called them and they said I could not get the 77 deal as that deal was "not good on this radio". I said OK and called back. Next time the rep said she could give me the 77 rate and I said "including the traffic?" and she said "No, I can't do that" so I said thanks and told her I was not interested.

A few weeks go by and my free trial is about to run out. XM sends me a letter and I call again. Told them I would pay 77 per year with the traffic and in 2 seconds the rep said "no problem". I also am having a bill sent to my house. I could have saved 2 bucks by using a credit card but I'm never giving XM a credit card number.

XM/Sirius customer service is one of the worst in my opinion. They hang up on you, transfer you to dead air, send you to the wrong department, etc. A lot of companies off-shore this kind of call center work but the XM/Sirius training and documenation must be non existant. I like XM radio but I hate having to deal with their so called customer service. Just brutal.I believe their "customer service" is an Asian guy on a stationary bicycle/generator powering a laptop resting on the handlebars. Perhaps the woman hops on while he goes into the bushes to relieve himself, and vice versa.

I pay my bills with my checkbook, too.

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

muohio
06-11-11, 11:41 PM
Signed up for the 77 deal and added traffic and weather. Have never had a problem giving them my cc and canceling service. At the most, you are billed full price and you cancel with a pro-rated credit. Even full price isn't that much money especially when i already shelled out 70k for the car.

Caroutisine
06-12-11, 04:45 AM
Too many channels and too many commercials to pay for it anymore for me. If they didn't have the commercials on the channels I listened too, I may have kept it. But I'm not paying to listen to commercials. I can listen to those for free.

BeagleBrains
06-12-11, 11:50 AM
Signed up for the 77 deal and added traffic and weather. Have never had a problem giving them my cc and canceling service. At the most, you are billed full price and you cancel with a pro-rated credit. Even full price isn't that much money especially when i already shelled out 70k for the car.
".. . ...full price isn't that much money..." However, what you do not get for your money is consistencency or accurate accounting of the service. Note that on my FIFTH attempt to pay for extension of service, having directed termination for the Car I had sold and now owning two GM autos, the response was "You now have four (4) cars on your account." Then, the follow-up eMail states there are three different accounts registering various numbers of cars in my behalf. What ever is the value of all of this?
It seems more to be a sequal to Deliverance!