: Air Conditioning Resistor Switch

The-Dullahan
06-09-11, 02:25 PM
Guess what? My A/C will be functional! Problem is, the blower motor resistor switch is kaput. :thepan:

Therefore, it will be running on constant HIGH mode, via temporary toggle switch mounted under the dash. Where can I get a new resistor switch (About to go look into the local junkyard inventories as well)

mjs182004
06-11-11, 10:28 AM
would that be the same problem with mine? The compressor never shuts off ever! after a while the lines freeze up and the auto function does not work, it automatically goes right to econ mode.

The-Dullahan
06-11-11, 02:25 PM
Sounds about right.

mjs182004
06-12-11, 02:07 AM
I just looked that part up, all I can say is holy cow that is expensive. $218 from Oreilly's auto parts. Where is this mythical piece located?

The-Dullahan
06-13-11, 08:18 PM
It is on the Passenger's side of the engine bay, opposite the grille, tucked away into that corner, you will find a plastic box, upon which a pigtail harness with several coloured wires springs upwards from the top. This piece, held in by two bolts and another bolt connecting the ground cable, is the Blower Motor Resistor Switch. Posting a new thread for this issue, maybe I will have photos.