: Corvette Pickup

Lord Cadillac
06-09-11, 11:18 AM
I just thought this was an interesting picture...
http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/wallpaper68/Vette-truck.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
06-09-11, 11:31 AM
if thats really a zr1, thats a shame

id still roll the SHI out of it though...im torn

hueterm
06-09-11, 02:08 PM
You might be a redneck....

Stingroo
06-09-11, 02:15 PM
Do want, despite what the peanut gallery thinks of it.

Looks like it was done well.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-09-11, 02:17 PM
You might be a redneck....

call me a redneck, ill take it

orconn
06-09-11, 02:23 PM
Where do I sign up to be a "Redneck?" I think it is cool, I'd haul my manure in it any day!

Stingroo
06-09-11, 02:26 PM
I wonder if it's lighter than a regular C4... then it'd be doubly cool.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-09-11, 02:26 PM
that top looks like it comes off...that quadruples the awesomesssssssss

(the ssr that should have been, although orconn, i wouldnt haul manure with the top off haha)

OffThaHorseCEO
06-09-11, 02:28 PM
I wonder if it's lighter than a regular C4... then it'd be doubly cool.

if it was done right and the top actually comes off, its probably heavier since it would need to be reinforced due to the structural integrity being compromised

Submariner409
06-09-11, 02:33 PM
THAT would be one hell of a way to deliver a newly rebuilt gloss black Olds 455 !!!

Stingroo
06-09-11, 02:35 PM
I like the way you think, good sir.

jordan00escalade
06-09-11, 03:50 PM
I'm at a loss for words...

Wait! What's a word that would describe the opposite of "ghetto?"

Stingroo
06-09-11, 03:57 PM
Farm rich?

:lol:

The Tony Show
06-09-11, 04:22 PM
I like it. That generation of Corvettes were kind of crap anyway- at least now it's unique.

Stingroo
06-09-11, 04:26 PM
The ZR1 was not crap.

The rest were though. :(

amunderdog
06-09-11, 04:48 PM
Is this the oddity thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdZUz0C4jo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdZUz0C4jo

OffThaHorseCEO
06-09-11, 05:05 PM
:vomit:

he has to carefully plan his every move...ridiculous

at least hes pumping shell gas

Stingroo
06-09-11, 05:08 PM
No, it isn't the oddity thread. That also isn't odd, it's just ghetto.

RippyPartsDept
06-09-11, 05:11 PM
looks like the ZR-1 nameplate was modded so it says ZP-1

P for Pickup?

Stingroo
06-09-11, 05:16 PM
That'd be awesome.

Night Wolf
06-09-11, 08:18 PM
It's the El Corvetto!

Neat. I know C4 often gets picked on the most - why is that? Chepest/most common? Bridges the gap between "classic" and "modern" but isn't really either of them? From an era when engines weren't putting out much power? All of the above? I'd like to hear others opinions.

Rodya234
06-09-11, 08:24 PM
I think the 'vette is pretty neat. Closest thing you could get to a ute in this country!

cadillac kevin
06-09-11, 08:35 PM
its a ute-ette!!!!

Stingroo
06-09-11, 08:50 PM
It's the El Corvetto!

Neat. I know C4 often gets picked on the most - why is that? Chepest/most common? Bridges the gap between "classic" and "modern" but isn't really either of them? From an era when engines weren't putting out much power? All of the above? I'd like to hear others opinions.

Mostly it's the so-so engines (LT5 excluded) terrible early transmissions (4+3 is a joke), terribly bad interior (yes, even I think it's bad - that says a lot), and the fact that they're somewhat common, so they're cheap (Grand Sport and ZR1 excluded). I sort of have a soft spot for them, though... I think I could own one someday on the cheap and enjoy it as a DD. It'd be cool enough and fast enough for me, and not quite old enough or rare enough that I'd worry about parts or putting miles on it.

Destroyer
06-09-11, 09:48 PM
The ZR1 was not crap.

The rest were though. :(I don't agree with that. This was a good generation for Corvettes but it seems it's the generation everyone will hate on because it falls between the classics and the new. Sure the interior was cheap (which generation wasn't again?) but besides that resounding GM fault found in most of it's lineup...........what was so bad about this gen 'Vette?:hmm:

Stingroo
06-09-11, 09:53 PM
See above.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the exterior styling (remember, this is SSR and Aztek guy). I think they just got the car wrong in the beginning, and by the time they got it "right" it wasn't quite awesome enough to be proud of. It also suffers from poor timing and a gimmicky digital gauge cluster that hasn't aged well at all.

Aron9000
06-10-11, 01:41 AM
I don't agree with that. This was a good generation for Corvettes but it seems it's the generation everyone will hate on because it falls between the classics and the new. Sure the interior was cheap (which generation wasn't again?) but besides that resounding GM fault found in most of it's lineup...........what was so bad about this gen 'Vette?:hmm:

I thought the interior in my 4th gen Camaros was light years ahead of the C4 in terms of quality and layout. Even 3rd gen fbodys were better IMO, at least you could get real gauges in those back in the 80's. Combined with the fact that they rattled/squeaked off the showroom floor, they just felt like a piece of poorly assembled junk.

The suspension design was ingenious though, combined with the light weight make them good track toys, along with the easy to hop up or swap out 350 chevy. I'd own one for a track toy, but for a cruiser or daily driver they're junk IMO.

Destroyer
06-10-11, 08:27 AM
I thought the interior in my 4th gen Camaros was light years ahead of the C4 in terms of quality and layout. Even 3rd gen fbodys were better IMO, at least you could get real gauges in those back in the 80's. Combined with the fact that they rattled/squeaked off the showroom floor, they just felt like a piece of poorly assembled junk.

The suspension design was ingenious though, combined with the light weight make them good track toys, along with the easy to hop up or swap out 350 chevy. I'd own one for a track toy, but for a cruiser or daily driver they're junk IMO.
I had all the cars you speak of and I agree that the 4rth gen Camaro was better than the early C4 Corvette's as far as layout and quality goes but the '91-'96 weren't that far off. As a whole, they all were pretty bad. The 4rth gen f-body cars were definitely better buys than the Corvettes, had a better instrument cluster, had room for 4 and 9/10's the performance.

Night Wolf
06-10-11, 08:37 AM
the interior is one of the things I like - I like the digital stuff. The early interior looked like trash but had the neater digital gauges. The later interior looked much better but lost a lot of the digital goodies - still though, I think it was neat with the analog each and digital speedo - something I like about the newest generation Civic too. Would I own one? Probably not, because for what I would enjoy the car for, I get my kicks out of the much smaller and more nimble old BMW's but still, I like them. I think the early models didn't look that good with the typical 80s GM trim and stuff, but the later years? They really cleaned them up nice IMO. I'd take a late model C4 over an early model C5.

Stingroo
06-10-11, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't, only because of the massive engine improvement. OptiSpark can go to hell where it belongs. :lol:

OffThaHorseCEO
06-10-11, 10:49 AM
i mentioned this in another post. ive never really appreciated corvettes. you could say i almost disliked them. they fell into that category where they are so expensive that you can build a better/faster car with what you'll spend on a corvette.

oddly enough, that was before i "drove" a corvette c6.r on forza motorsport 2. i loved the engine sound and the overall package, but wasnt convinced since it was 1) a video game, and 2) a purpose built race car. next i built a C4 GS in forza motorsport 3, i lost my save file swapping harddrives and the C4 GS was the only car i remembered in detail and the first thing i bought/built when i started my game again. Ive been lookin at just about everything corvette related lately. i stopped at a dealership when the C6 GS models had just arrived, and was amazed that the rear tires are as wide as from my elbow to my fingertips haha.
unfortunately, i still havent had the "pleasure" of driving a real corvette, but i can say that i have definitely grown to appreciate them much much more, even if its based on artificial knowledge of them.
my favorite is currently the least sporty of all, the C1

http://www.zorly.com/images_corvette/2008/10/06/1953%20Chevrolet%20Corvette%20Dream%20Car.jpg
http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/modelpicture.php?id=3330

Followed by the C6 GS or ZR1
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2010-corvette-grand-sport_100227194_l.jpg

BEEEAAAASSSSSSSSTTT
5yKb6iSWc0k

Followed by the C4 Grand Sport or or ZR1
http://image.vetteweb.com/f/8872249/0411vet_02z+1996_Chevrolet_Corvette_Grand_Sport+Dr iver_Side_Front_View.jpg

cant forget the Callaway Sledgehammer!
http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/callaway_sledgehammer/sh3.jpg
m8dI-47Z2hI

the rest to me are forgettable including the C5's.

Stingroo
06-10-11, 11:09 AM
C5 Z06 is gorgeous. I love the FRC design. That's my favorite Corvette, I think. I mean, I love the C6 Z06 too but that's more for the motor. I think the C5Z is more attractive to look at.

Destroyer
06-10-11, 09:25 PM
the interior is one of the things I like - I like the digital stuff. The early interior looked like trash but had the neater digital gauges. The later interior looked much better but lost a lot of the digital goodies - still though, I think it was neat with the analog each and digital speedo - something I like about the newest generation Civic too. Would I own one? Probably not, because for what I would enjoy the car for, I get my kicks out of the much smaller and more nimble old BMW's but still, I like them. I think the early models didn't look that good with the typical 80s GM trim and stuff, but the later years? They really cleaned them up nice IMO. I'd take a late model C4 over an early model C5.I didn't like the digital stuff but it's a simple fix with aftermarket gauges. I like the clean look of the 84-90 models every bit as much (if not a slight bit more) than the '91-96.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-10-11, 10:59 PM
What I never liked about the C4 (good post Rick).....

Terribly, terribly cramped interior
Bland styling (the 63-67 and 68-72's were so wild/out there and beautiful)
Lousy build quality, especially for something that was so expensive.
Insufferably stiff ride on the early C4's (stiffest corvette ride ever)
So-so performance by today's standards

OffThaHorseCEO
06-10-11, 11:20 PM
What I never liked about the C4 (good post Rick).....

Terribly, terribly cramped interior
Bland styling (the 63-67 and 68-72's were so wild/out there and beautiful)
Lousy build quality, especially for something that was so expensive.
Insufferably stiff ride on the early C4's (stiffest corvette ride ever)
So-so performance by today's standards

styling wise that what i dont like about the C5. the C6 is BOLD...brash, sharp curvaceous. the C4s to me were sleek and had shark-like qualities to them still (the c6s too). the C5 looked like it was trying not to scare anyone off. Ive yet to see a truly aggressive looking C5. the C6 on the other hand ranges from bold to just straight mean. depending on what rpo package you order you get massive hood bulges, fender flares wide bodies etc etc.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-10-11, 11:42 PM
It's funny, for as much as I find the C4's to be bland and mediocre (in terms of Corvettes), I adore the LT5. In terms of mechanical coolness and uniqueness, it's the coolest engine ever put into a Corvette. I agree with you on the C5...it's nice looking, but it's "quiet" and "shy" compared to the C2/C3 and C6.

ThumperPup
06-11-11, 12:51 AM
ok im sorry but that is just messed up
i know yall like this but i think for someone to do that to a corvette is just like someone doing this to a corvette you just don't mess with the vet im sorry but its messed up

http://thecarloos.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/expensiveandrarelimousines/corvette-limo/

OffThaHorseCEO
06-11-11, 12:07 PM
more vette awesomeness LIVE
http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

Stingroo
06-11-11, 02:24 PM
Vette limos are badass. I don't know what you're talking about. Friend of mine had one for prom.

orconn
06-11-11, 03:24 PM
Sorry, TP, when all is said and done, a Corvette is just a car!