: Just bought this used 07 Escalade yesterday, what a scary night

steven0720
06-09-11, 04:39 AM
Long story short, Just bought this yesterday used 07 Cadillac Escalade,this is what happened to us on the way home ,it all begin with the door start lock and unlock by itself, i was joking to my GF that might be a ghost in the car,and it was kind weired,therefore we start video it, but never thought it would end up like this, check engine light and other lights came on and off by itself,so is the radio,onstar,and AC, better yet the speed and RPM start acting up and it even it took off on me while everything happen, glad there is no car in front of me, then it all went back to normal. soon after we pull up to the rest area. what could possible happened to the truck. Can i bring this truck back and cancel the deal??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAe6fS1j8_U

fivepix
06-09-11, 09:01 AM
weird, I would definitely take it back were you got it from and have them take a look at it, also show them the video so they can see what you experienced. Not sure if you bought it at a GM dealership or a used dealer but most dealerships have some sort of purchase policies. Go back an speak to the sales manager to see if they can fix the issue. Good luck! let us know what happens.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-09-11, 10:06 AM
Back to the dealer. They need to do some serious repairing. I'd try to get out of that if possible!

amunderdog
06-09-11, 10:17 AM
What state?
I think most have a cooling off period of around 36 hrs to take the vehicle back.

steven0720
06-09-11, 12:28 PM
bought it at West Point GMC in Houston ,TX

steven0720
06-09-11, 02:19 PM
this is what the sales person told me today " If you want us to look at it,you can get the truck towed @ your expense.we can get it repaired at cost on your expense,let me know what you want to do." Really. anyone here from Tx have any information of how the 36 hrs cool off period works or what can i do , thanks

uptown
06-09-11, 02:31 PM
Just found this online, hope it helps. http://www.ehow.com/info_7879131_texas-remorse-law-used-cars.html

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-09-11, 02:44 PM
steven0720,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. That certainly must have been scary for you. I want you to give Cadillac Customer Assistance a call as soon as you can. I could forward this along for you but it could take up to two business days and that could potentially void any type of return policy that came with your vehicle. Here is the number to Cadillac Customer Assistance 800-458-8006. Their hours of operation are 8AM-9PM ET Monday-Saturday. They will be able to speak with you about this issue and they can also call the dealership to confirm what they have to say.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

skierjp
06-09-11, 02:50 PM
My Corvette did that just before the battery died

Escapade
06-09-11, 02:51 PM
Good luck man.... Hate it when dealers act as if they never met you once you leave the lot!

steven0720
06-09-11, 03:02 PM
My Corvette did that just before the battery died

really, maybe i should check the battery volts or something,

---> Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service
Thank you for the help, i am going to give them a call now.

Thanks everyone's help here, i will keep everyone updated

amunderdog
06-09-11, 03:10 PM
Bummer
http://www.squidoo.com/car-return

Buying a Used Car - Federal Trade Commission Guide
A guide from the Federal Trade Commission "Dealers are not required by law to give used car buyers a three-day right to cancel. The right to return the car in a few days for a refund exists only if the dealer grants this privilege to buyers. Dealers may describe the right to cancel as a "cooling-off" period, a money-back guarantee, or a "no questions asked" return policy. Before you purchase from a dealer, ask about the dealer's return policy, get it in writing and read it carefully."

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-09-11, 04:57 PM
Steven0720,

You’re welcome. Please keep me updated.

Thank you

hannity
06-09-11, 09:08 PM
Wow I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I'm glad you and your passenger are alright, you may want to contact a consumer lawyer to find out what your rights are at this point. First you should take the battery to an auto parts store to have them test it for you and make sure that it is holding a charge, if it is then you may want to contact a consumer lawyer. You may have stumbled upon someone elses electrical nightmare.

jordan00escalade
06-09-11, 09:47 PM
If they disclosed that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle.. Then they should assist you come up with a fair solution. Talk with the CEO, explain how this happened on the way home from the dealership. There is no way that you could have BROKEN the truck, as you didn't have time to even make it home before it had trouble. Now ask yourself, "what kind of dealership is this?" then thank him.. (If you don't seem to be getting anywhere, just when your about ready to end the call.. let him know you will be trying to contact a lawyer to seek a fair solution)

on a side note: does the better business bureau have any authority in a deal like this?

PreachRR
06-09-11, 10:24 PM
how many miles. isnt it still within factory warranty?

steven0720
06-10-11, 12:50 PM
If they disclosed that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle.. Then they should assist you come up with a fair solution. Talk with the CEO, explain how this happened on the way home from the dealership. There is no way that you could have BROKEN the truck, as you didn't have time to even make it home before it had trouble. Now ask yourself, "what kind of dealership is this?" then thank him.. (If you don't seem to be getting anywhere, just when your about ready to end the call.. let him know you will be trying to contact a lawyer to seek a fair solution)

on a side note: does the better business bureau have any authority in a deal like this?

Finally, the manager contacted me said, sorry for the trouble i am going through, i will personaly take care this by myself, sorry for the inconvenience with my sales person. and he told me the appointment is set up monday at 8 am for me.

I will keep everyone updated. once again, THANKS everyone here for the support

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-11, 02:51 PM
steven0720,

I am glad that you are getting this taken care of. I look forward to your update.

Thank you

steven0720
06-15-11, 09:23 PM
Good News, finally the truck is fixed, they told me the problem was the ground cable on the battery, they replaced it everything runs fine so far. btw, i saw the final cost was $266.47 WOW, really , that's highway robbery lol , oh well, at least i wasn't the one paying for it :D

bstiffmanofsteel
06-15-11, 09:37 PM
Congratulations on having your truck and it being right!

Big Windy Ext
06-16-11, 07:47 AM
Glad to hear your lade is fixed and a small repair . You may want to read up on some of the things you can upgrade or qualify for like a free Nav disc. Or buy two batteries,bluetooth heated washer fluid etc.. Then again maybe not if you want to keep some dollars in your wallet .Enjoy!

amunderdog
06-16-11, 09:54 AM
Great news:)
Hope you have a great ride now.

StevieT
06-16-11, 01:08 PM
I had a similar experience this past winter when it it was -12 the truck was not happy. Got to -7, restarted the truck and everything came back to normal. Silly computers and wires.

h2kool4tn
06-18-11, 02:18 PM
Thanks God it's only get to about 10F here in TN. My truck should be a happy camper.