: D3 Powered CTS-V Sedan Victorious at the EXTREME SUPER LAP, Dubai

Dr. Design
06-08-11, 03:36 PM
D3 Powered CTS-V Sedan Victorious at the EXTREME SUPER LAP, Dubai.

June 3, 2011, Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE.

D3 would like to congratulate our local tuner EXTREME PERFORMANCE and owner/driver Mr. Ahmad Al Obaidly for their 1st place class win at the EXTREME SUPER LAP Time Attack Event!

This vehicle was equipped with all the high performance D3 products to ensure big power gains over factory and our exclusive lineup of cooling systems to ensure zero drop off of performance when dealing with the extreme heat.

The EXTREME Super Lap is a 2.35KM (1.45 Miles) 12 turn track configuration located at the South Circuit of the Yas Marina Circuit.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MG_7220.jpg
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MG_7042.jpg
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SE9B7715.jpg
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SE9B7736.jpg

What is Extreme Super Lap?

Time attack events have enjoyed massive popularity around the world, starting from Japan where the events were conceived as a proving ground for street tuner cars. From the early battles at the Tsukuba race track all the way to an international recognition, the action packed events always attracted the best tuner cars and offered edge-of-the-seat racing action. As a result of the quick rise in popularity, tuners developed cars to beat the competitors, with some of those cars reaching international fame. The Middle East motorsports scene has been longing for a dynamic event like time attack for years and it wasnít until the recent times when Extreme Motorsports founder Abdulla Al Zaabi decided to introduce it in our region for the very first time under the Extreme Super Lap moniker.

The maiden Extreme Super Lap race event was held at the south configuration of the Yas Marina Circuit and was deemed an instant success by both the organizers and the participants. A great number of street and race cars provided exciting action while battling to clock their fastest lap times on one of the best race tracks in the world.

The format of the Extreme Super Lap is based on the time attack principles where a car is released onto the track and first performs a warm-up lap, followed by three flying laps and a cool-down lap. The best lap time is taken for the classification and special honor is given to either the fastest time of the day or a new lap record.

Race cars are divided into four main categories, namely Street, Super Street, Modified and Super Modified, according to the levels of modification and race preparation. Each class allows a different level of modification aimed at improving the carís on-track performance and safety is an important aspect of the carsí preparation.

Event information can be viewed at: http://www.extremesuperlap.com/Extreme-Super-Lap-Gallery/

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

wfo
06-08-11, 03:54 PM
Nice job Ahmad and D3!!

DoingOK
06-08-11, 03:59 PM
It won because it was the fastest color. ;-)

baabootoo
06-08-11, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that is some tight handling for sure!

SecretWeapon
06-08-11, 04:08 PM
Looks like the sway bars really work.

DrumStix
06-08-11, 08:38 PM
What a beautiful looking track, wish we could have one like that here.

haterinc
06-08-11, 08:50 PM
So entice me... cough up the list of mods! Lol

neuronbob
06-08-11, 11:53 PM
Nice job D3! :thumbsup:

...and WOW to that track. Now that is my #1 destination if I can make the trip to Dubai.

cbloveday
06-09-11, 12:31 AM
congrats, impressive

hlantin
06-09-11, 12:32 AM
congrats on the achievement guys!

...+1 on the list of mods and hp..

aceofblitz
06-09-11, 07:29 AM
Just a slight correction to the OP

The track is the Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. Yas Marina is where they host the Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Congrats to Ahmed for the win and Extreme Performance for the success they're having across the board.

Dr. Design
06-09-11, 02:29 PM
We will have to double check with Extreme on the content of this particular build as they build a lot of cars in their area using our components. I know at the very least this car has the following:

D3 Competition Aluminum Radiator
D3 BMF Super Intercooler
Upgraded Intercooler Pump
D3 Air Intake System
D3 Harmonic Balancer Pulley
D3 Competition Lowering Springs
D3 Sway Bars
D3 Brakelines
Racing Brake Pads
D3 Stage 3 CNC Heads
D3 Stage 3 Camshaft
Just to name a few...

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

whisler151
06-09-11, 10:12 PM
Congrats! Would love to hear the car.

UAEmonster
07-21-11, 02:09 PM
Thanks all,

Sorry for my late reply.

The car is still in the build there are more parts to be ordered/installed.

I didn't have time to post full thread about the build of the car but I will as soon as i can :)

Jay Sheppard
07-22-11, 04:25 AM
yeah.. all the cooling mods would be the first things I'd put on over there..