: Read Disc Error on Navigation

icejava
06-08-11, 01:10 PM
Just wanted to share my experience. Recently, I've been getting "Read Disc Error" problems on my navigation. I tried to get a free updated disc through GMNavDisc but after several emails back and forth they said I have to buy it.

I talked to Cadillac Dealer and they said Nav Disc issues are NOT covered under warranty. There is nothing they can do. Been to the dealership 4 times for various issues. Only 1 has been covered. LOL. I even bought an extended warranty until 2015.

Anyways, I just ended up spending $160 for a new 2011 Nav Disc.

CadX6
06-08-11, 04:07 PM
Hopefully, your problem is actually the disk. Unless your original disk is scratched, extremely dirty, or got left in the sun, its more likely the problem is with the the DVD drive in the head unit. Discs themselves rarely go bad spontaneously.

icejava
06-08-11, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the comment. We will find out soon. If it is the DVD Drive, I hope its covered under warranty.

CadX6
06-10-11, 02:56 PM
Good luck. If you're still under factory warranty it should be covered since it's an installed piece of original equipment.
But - if your kid stuffed pennies in the dvd slot - that might be a problem :thumbsup:

Mark Ohio
07-29-11, 02:02 PM
icejava, did you get your read disc error issue resolved? I'm having the same issue with my 2007 Escalade ESV.

evois
07-30-11, 03:57 PM
I just wanted to know if you disc error was resolved by a new nav disc. I have a different issue, my nav is giving the longest possible route even if I am signed up to xm traffic with my onstar subscription. from little rock to ct the route that it is giving me is thru st louis to indianapolis to ohio to ct(crazy) while the new(loaner) escalade was giving the correct one, little rock to memphis, knoxville, wv, pa to ct. I had no issues last year when I made the same trip. help!

fmfa0801
07-30-11, 10:31 PM
You
Can still get the 2011 nav disk updated disk for free. I just did it like maybe 2-3 weeks ago. They told me it ended in 2009 but after goin back and fourth i got it in a few days. I emailed them.