: We now sell the Gen 6 Escalade Lockpick for $179.95

tomm
06-07-11, 03:49 PM
For those of you who are interested we have run out of our older Gen 5 Lockpicks and we now carry the Gen 6 Lockpicks for only $179.95, We searched and this is the best deal you will find. Here is the link if anyone is interested: Gen 6 Lockpick (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Gen-6-GM-Lockpick.html)

blkEsc
06-07-11, 10:02 PM
What does this one do exactly?

nunomeza
06-08-11, 01:49 AM
yeah wut does it do?

tomm
06-08-11, 11:36 AM
A quick read on the product page would explain it. But if you are unfamiliar with LockPicks they unlock all functions of your factory navigation systems while in motion. So the passenger can watch DVD's, Change Navigation Settings, Use Bluetooth Functions, Etc. while in motion.

icejava
06-08-11, 12:48 PM
Sounds perfect. Definately something I need. Does it also allow the rear cam to be viewed while driving?

tomm
06-08-11, 02:30 PM
Sounds perfect. Definately something I need. Does it also allow the rear cam to be viewed while driving?

Yes, It will enable you to activate a camera at any time. What you need to realize is that your factory installed camera only has power when in reverse. To view the camera at anytime you will need to tap into the factory camera power wire with the included powered wire on the lockpick harness so that when you activate the camera the lockpick will power it up.

If you do not already have a rear view camera, You can use the video in RCA connector on the lockpick harness and the camera powered wires included to add any aftermarket camera.

nunomeza
06-08-11, 02:35 PM
how hard is it to install is it just plug and play?

tomm
06-08-11, 02:41 PM
how hard is it to install is it just plug and play?

All the basic functions are completely plug and play and many on this forum have already installed one. If you want to view the rear view camera at any time you need to run the one power wire for the camera. Its a fairly easy install and I have personally installed around 30 of them in various vehicles.

nunomeza
06-08-11, 02:50 PM
can i run a mp3 player with aux input if i get a rca adapter

PreachRR
06-08-11, 02:53 PM
what is the benefit of this unit over the GMX 550 which I alread have?

tomm
06-08-11, 03:01 PM
what is the benefit of this unit over the GMX 550 which I alread have?

There is no benefit of going from the GXM-550 to a Gen 6, The 550 is basically the same unit but more costly because it adds wires for adding a bluetooth kit and has additional inputs for adding video from your ipad, iphone, etc.

The Gen 6 is the basic unit for someone just looking to unlock the DVD and get all functionality of the navigation unit while out of park.

nunomeza
06-08-11, 03:01 PM
so yes

tomm
06-08-11, 03:10 PM
can i run a mp3 player with aux input if i get a rca adapter

If you just want sound you don't need a lockpick. In the rear you should have audio and video aux inputs. If you utilize the video in the lockpick will enable you to view the video when in motion. The Audio jacks are not blocked when in gear.

nunomeza
06-08-11, 03:23 PM
my 07 eske dont have rca inputs inn the rear but i also want a lockpick

blkEsc
06-08-11, 03:40 PM
So if I have the rear tv i can listed to my ipod through that while driving?

tomm
06-08-11, 03:43 PM
So if I have the rear tv i can listed to my ipod through that while driving?

If you have the Rear TV, You should have RCA Inputs. You should not need a lockpick if all you want to do is hear audio. You only need the lockpick if you want to view the video as well.

tomm
07-07-11, 12:44 PM
Coastal recently raised the cost on the Gen 6 Lockpicks. We had to increase our price and the new price is $189.95 sorry for the increase but they actually raised us much more than the $10 difference we are charging.

StevieT
07-15-11, 01:48 PM
I finally ordered one of these today, thanks

tomm
07-15-11, 04:00 PM
I am sure you will be happy with it. Once you have one you will never want to drive without it.

stephenstay
07-17-11, 03:13 AM
For what it's worth I have one of these units that I purchased a while ago and have my bluetooth hooked into it as well. This set up works real well.