: DVD player has a remote?

DRBLING
06-07-11, 11:06 AM
Used my DVD player for the first time, but had hard time working it from driver position while on the road. Maybe due to saftey rules I can't work it while moving.

In any event my wife in the rear said the book instructions indicate to use the remote, but I don't see one. I bought my 08 ESV used from a Caddy dealer.

cangolf
06-07-11, 12:23 PM
unfortunately pretty common with used vehicles. You should have headphones as well. For the headphones my dealer was quite competitive but the last time I required a remote, eBay was the way to go. They are easy to find but a slight irritant in that you need to spend the $$ to get something that should have come with it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-11, 12:21 PM
DRBLING,

Your Owner’s Manual states that your vehicle may have the remote control feature. I would advise you to check with the dealership you bought your vehicle from to confirm if your vehicles rear seat entertainment system was designed to come with a remote.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

CadX6
06-08-11, 04:12 PM
Since apparently your truck is used - Are you sure you have a factory Rear Seat Entertainment system and not aftermarket? Might make a big difference.