: Cabin air filter replacement on 2010 SRX

dr6837
06-07-11, 09:28 AM
I found the excellent photo display on replacement on a pre 2010 but haven't had any luck on this model. Anyone point me to an explanation? Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Dennis

sube5186
06-07-11, 08:29 PM
Here's a PDF. One note, there are no screws securing the cabin air filter compartment door, as depicted in the diagram. There are just three snaps on the sides and top of the door. The bottom of the door is hinged. Check this link as well.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/221248-cabin-air-filter-cheap.html

Sube

dr6837
06-07-11, 11:12 PM
Thanks Sube! Sorry I had to trouble you. FYI, Amazon is now carrying the filter and I purchased 3 for $31 with now shipping/tax.
Best regards!
Dennis

sube5186
06-08-11, 08:16 PM
Amazon, huh. Thanks for the info. I actually tried them first. At the time I bought mine from eBay, Amazon didn't have them. I guess they were still too new.

Sube

stevec5375
06-09-11, 01:19 PM
Amazon, huh. Thanks for the info. I actually tried them first. At the time I bought mine from eBay, Amazon didn't have them. I guess they were still too new.

Sube

Would you please post the Amazon URL to the correct filter if you find it?

scurling
05-21-12, 07:05 PM
Thanks Sube! Sorry I had to trouble you. FYI, Amazon is now carrying the filter and I purchased 3 for $31 with now shipping/tax.
Best regards!
Dennis

What brand are the filters you purchased? Do these $31.00 filters have the impregnated charcoal? I got one locally, Wix brand, and paid $59.00.

Jake2010
05-22-12, 08:19 AM
I got the one Sube references on ebay for about $15 bucks. It's the OEM Ac Delco with the impregnated charcoal side. The only difference from the original was the strip of foam weather stripping going around the outside of the filter. I was able to peel the weather stripping off and it had enough adhesive left to stick on the new filter. Not sure it is needed since it's a tight fit anyway. I'm going to be replacing mine annually since mine was 2 year old and to my surprise was pretty dirty!

bwclemons
05-22-12, 08:47 AM
I replaced mine with the AC Delco one also. I think it was about $12.00 with free shipping and arrived in two days. I went to Home Depot and got some 1/8" thick by 1/4" foam tape and ran a strip around the sides and back like the one I pulled out. It seals really tight so no air can get around the filter. The whole process took about 10 minutes to remove and replace the filter. I have a 2011 and no one at the dealership mentioned it should be replaced. I had about 35,000mi on the car and it was filthy.