: GM Canada Employee Pricing is Back

CadillacDJack
06-07-11, 08:50 AM
FYI - GM Canada employee pricing is back. It is definitely savings for anyone who is interested in a V. I already had negotiated a great deal on the order of my BD Sedan in early April, but I let the car sit at the dealer as I had two more lease payments. The employee pricing allowed to dealer to cover my last two payments (~$1600) so I didn't have to wait anymore (I know...not financially ideal, but I was losing patience :)). I get it on Wednesday.

I'm not 100% sure of the employee price savings, but they should post a document with the pricing soon like they did last year. The 2010 numbers were $7,263 off of a base V, and I believe the 2011 numbers will be similar. Plus. 0.9% on Smartpurchase for 4 years (final term of 71 months). ~$65K and almost free money is pretty compelling for this car.

CDJ

P.S. Side note - the extended warranty on the V is the same cost as any 2WD Cadillac, which is good value if you plan on keeping the car beyond 4 yr/80K.

keithsm2
06-07-11, 10:13 AM
im going to dealer Today to purchase a car 600 miles away....any more ammunition on this?? I can get GM Supplier discount thru the company i work with...but dont think its 7200 off!

CadillacDJack
06-07-11, 10:26 AM
Hi there - I have no idea if GM will launch employee pricing in the US, but here's what GM Canada published last year:

CTS V 4 Door Sedan RWD
MSRP - $72,045
Discount - $7,263
Price - $64,782

Keep in mind this is CDN dollars, and is standard with no options. I'm not sure if they equip the car differently in US vs. Canada. I was also told that the rebates on Coupes and Wagons were not as favourable as the Sedan, for what that's worth.

TheG
06-08-11, 10:16 AM
Car just got in today,picking it up tomorrow. Dealer says they can take off 200 more than they priced car at when I ordered it. They say they gave me such a good price that there is no room to move. I did get Bd coupe for $75,440. plus taxes. Car is a full load with auto. Question is with discount is there room to make him move? I'm sure there is,I doubt GM told dealer they have to sell car for 7200 off MSRP and not discount cost of car to dealer. What do you guys think?

keithsm2
06-08-11, 10:24 AM
i got coupe, fully loaded with manual transmission.....68k ball park....GM preferred pricing

TheG
06-08-11, 10:39 AM
i got coupe, fully loaded with manual transmission.....68k ball park....GM preferred pricing

Ya thats US,wish we could get that pricing our base MSRP is 10,000 higher than yours even though our dollar is better than yours. And we can not buy new from US I tried. GM has ordered that a US dealer can not sell car to anyone without a US address unless car is used and 6 months old.