: 2007 EXT Front End Rattle

login
06-07-11, 04:09 AM
I have a rattle that is just driving me nuts. Can also feel it on the drivers side floor at my left foot.

Mostly happens on bad roads with lots of little bumps.

I have lifted the front and checked the suspension and did find one bad ball joint and replaced both. Did not figure that was the rattle issue and was correct.

After searching the forum and online and finding the squeaking / rattling service bulletin I have an eye towards the shocks.

I read on the forum people with same problem and had shocks replaced. It cannot be the shock, would it not just be the mount?

Reason I ask is I was thinking of purchasing this:
MOOG Part # K160098: Frt Susp; Upper; Incl. spring seat

I have seen so many different model / manufacturer/ part #'s selections when it comes to picking front shocks for this vehicle I thought I would ask here and try and get a hand solving this annoying sound.

FYI: 155,000 KM's and Power Train Warranty till 160,000 KM's. I doubt the dealer would pull it apart to perform the service bulletin SB #10-03-08-002A, but i may be wrong.

Has the orange shock if I remember correctly.

Big Windy Ext
06-07-11, 08:11 AM
My rattle was intermittent and took a few visits and a trip home with my service advisor before they replaced both my front shocks . I didn't think my problem was shocks,I inspected the front end and checked the mounts,bushings and bolts etc. they looked like new . It did take care of my problem of an occasional audible rattle and clunking feeling in steering wheel and floor. I have an 06 Chevy Express that now has the same annoying clunk. After replacing leaking,loose steering gear box and worn sway bar bushings it looks like shocks may be its problem also.

trashguy
06-07-11, 03:46 PM
I had the same symptoms this past winter ,turned out to be the sway bar end links.
They didn't look bad or broken but turned out to be the problem.