: Thinking of buying another V and putting in a 1400hp 4 cly eco engine in it. Thoughts

wait4me
06-06-11, 09:09 PM
Just as it says, Im possibly going to want to run in the 8.0 index, and well, i want something WAY different. I have 150k for the budget so im sure i can hit that goal pretty easy...

The engine build is well documented on exact parts, and things needed for the build. Those guys at gm with the exact part numbers are pretty well layed out in terms of parts needed for exact hp levels.

So i will need to first find another 2011 ctsv "which i might have found", Then tear it down to nothing, and start the build..

I would use the 2009 i own, but i test to many things with that poor car. I want a new foundation.

Car will have to be set up to run e85 only probably to hit that goal, Or switch to straight alky. It looks like 12 160lb per hour injectors are needed. lol

http://www.gmtunersource.com/ Has a handbook with exact parts and part numbers to get to achieve the hp goals you want.. It is very informative...

Someday Ill get the time to maybe make a book like this of our own for the V guys.. It is very nicely done.

Well guys what are your thoughts? Shale i brake away from conventional 8 cly and go with something crazy? or just make a unlimited budget Lsx based engine.....

Either way i want to do something... It has been a few years since i did something crazy. Even though i still own those cars... Maybe i should sell a few off since they just sit there........

Florian
06-06-11, 09:16 PM
have you been drinking?

F

cbloveday
06-06-11, 09:20 PM
Jess,

I think you should do what your passion tells you to. For you, do the 1,400 build. That is of course if you think the V would be a good platform to achieve your goals. I wonder how light you could get the car and if you have the ability to tweak the suspension so she launches well.

For us, do the unlimited budget LSX. :)

hulksdaddy
06-06-11, 09:23 PM
I vote for crazy, BUT streetable. How nuts can you get, and still run around town?

gut2727
06-06-11, 09:51 PM
Has to be the ECO. Has to be.

ChicagoV
06-06-11, 10:00 PM
Unlimited LSX, find crazy ways to make it light. That will produce lessons that would translate back to all of us- not so much with the eco...

dvandentop
06-07-11, 12:30 AM
waste of $

cbloveday
06-07-11, 01:13 AM
Yes, that is him. He lost his father a few weeks ago and may be growing weary of providing services to an ungrateful community.

aj660
06-07-11, 07:08 AM
I think you should make the car AWD with 1400hp. That would be interesting.

urnodaisy
06-07-11, 08:48 AM
Jess,

I think you should do what your passion tells you to. For you, do the 1,400 build. That is of course if you think the V would be a good platform to achieve your goals. I wonder how light you could get the car and if you have the ability to tweak the suspension so she launches well.

For us, do the unlimited budget LSX. :)

All my thoughts on this are purely selfish. I think it would be amazing to follow the progress of the build and read about the technical aspects as you went along.

Here comes the "but"...but, if that takes away from the valuable information and service you already provide to this community then my vote would be LSX.

Told you it'd be a selfish response. :)

Razorecko
06-07-11, 09:12 AM
Jesse, I think you should convert your V to an awd system and than try to break some records with a " lightly modded, awd, lsa V....., I drool at the thought of launching an awd V. I mean really, is there ANY other V8 american muscle car to use awd ? Hell, was there ever ?

e6t
06-07-11, 09:18 AM
your target should be >1250 hp and a 10,000 rpm redline. omfg.

get there however you can.

miamictsv
06-07-11, 11:24 AM
I also vote for AWD conversion. Slap four slick tires on it and see how low your 60ft times can be :)))

ChicagoV
06-07-11, 11:52 AM
I like the AWD angle also. Would it be possible to start with and beef up the CTS 3.6 AWD system?

Ketzer
06-07-11, 11:59 AM
Oh, so NOW you come up with this... after I practically gave away a spare Eco, steel crank, H beam rods :hitstick:.

Everyone is going to expect you to talk Eco and eventually submit and go LS. Resist, be different, do something fun for YOU.

Jeff-

Moparman4444
06-07-11, 12:46 PM
Jesse
I'm sure you know that a turbocharged 45lb of boost, 4 cylinder isn't going to give you the bottom end grunt to launch a stripped down 3500lb CTS-V the way you want. I would go to a turbocharged LSX motor and get the torque and top end power you need.

And while I would love to see a high hp AWD Caddy, I don't think the stock AWD system will handle all the power or torque. If it could the that would be great.

if your looking for a nice 09 V let me know Im selling mine. Very moddest price

GM-4-LIFE
06-07-11, 02:15 PM
You are one crazy dude with WAY too much money!

JimmyH
06-07-11, 03:21 PM
V16. Call it the Cadillac :v:Sixteen concept

Bushidopupil
06-07-11, 06:54 PM
LSX for me sir 1000RWHP/RWTQ no NOS, Eco for you.....best of both worlds. :)

neuronbob
06-07-11, 07:40 PM
AWD! :drool:

JimmyH
06-07-11, 08:58 PM
You guys do realize, AWD kills the steering feel on this car, right? It's not as bad some AWD cars, but it still introduces some numbness and vagueness. AWD has no place in a high performance car. At least not one with world-class handling.

vetkila
06-07-11, 09:25 PM
How about a quad turbo system!?

Junkie414
06-07-11, 11:35 PM
This thread of full of terrible ideas

Razorecko
06-08-11, 12:00 AM
You guys do realize, AWD kills the steering feel on this car, right? It's not as bad some AWD cars, but it still introduces some numbness and vagueness. AWD has no place in a high performance car. At least not one with world-class handling.

Hey, its fun to dream :) ...I would only imagine the chaos a modified AWD setup would do to the v's traction control system

hlantin
06-08-11, 12:29 AM
personally..i'd love to see a 7 sec V w/ a fully blown LSX motor that still gets decent mpg...just sayin'..

ajjones44
06-08-11, 12:04 PM
Jess,

Build a rear engined CTS-V wagon and race Pikes Peak!

buddyg
06-08-11, 12:25 PM

I beg to differ:

Porsche 911 turbo
Gallardo
Murcielago
Veyron

Just to name a few. I personally like AWD as when I track my modded 911 turbo I spin all four coming out of the slower corners running R6 Hoosiers. RWD on that car would suck, even on the track.

Prof
06-08-11, 12:57 PM
I vote for an annuity.

wait4me
06-08-11, 01:16 PM
I vote for an annuity.

????

Caddy Wagon
06-08-11, 01:24 PM
I vote big cube, twin turbo LSX. Although the 4cyl would be very unique.

glgjr
06-08-11, 01:28 PM
Remove both brake ducts and install a pair of 66mm turbos feeding the 1900 on top of a good short block.

Gene

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

neuronbob
06-08-11, 05:44 PM
I beg to differ:

Porsche 911 turbo
Gallardo
Murcielago
Veyron

Just to name a few. I personally like AWD as when I track my modded 911 turbo I spin all four coming out of the slower corners running R6 Hoosiers. RWD on that car would suck, even on the track.

This was going to be my answer to Jimmy, too. Can you imagine the lack of wheelspin as all four tires bite? Again..... :drool:

Razorecko
06-08-11, 05:57 PM
with an awd setup you'd be able to pull mid 11's stock and in cooler weather low 11's for sure

JimmyH
06-08-11, 06:55 PM
This was going to be my answer to Jimmy, too. Can you imagine the lack of wheelspin as all four tires bite? Again..... :drool:

and what are the prices of those cars? Perhaps you can engineer a finer awd steering rack in car costing $200k+. In a $50k CTS, not so much.
Besides, who's to say a Murcielago has steering as precise and direct as a CTS-V? I will never know, because I will never drive any of those cars.

tabio42
06-09-11, 02:29 AM
and what are the prices of those cars? Perhaps you can engineer a finer awd steering rack in car costing $200k+. In a $50k CTS, not so much.
Besides, who's to say a Murcielago has steering as precise and direct as a CTS-V? I will never know, because I will never drive any of those cars.

The $30k Evo I have sitting unused and lonely in my garage puts my V to shame on steering feel, handling, cornering, etc. It is also faster than my V both in a straight line and on a road track. Neither car is by any means the 'end-all-be-all.'

A properly designed awd system is a thing of beauty.

haterinc
06-09-11, 03:57 AM
Unless that evo is highly modded I'm going to suggest you download the g-tac pro iphone app and find a country mile, no need to make two trips it should fit in the trunk if you pull the golf clubs out

Prof
06-09-11, 07:46 AM
The $30k Evo I have sitting unused and lonely in my garage puts my V to shame on ... etc. It is also faster than my V both in a straight line and on a road track.

Well maybe you should invest a little with Jesse or about $2600 with Lingenfelter. My light modifications enabled me to send an Evo off I-294 with his tail between his legs after a couple of sprints in very light traffic. His thumbs up compliment was a welcome gesture as he acknowledged his position in the pecking order...

By the way I am a recovering street racer, not fully cured, but trying hard...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/002-1.jpg

cbloveday
06-09-11, 11:01 AM
We all fall off the wagon once in a great while. LOL

ChicagoV
06-09-11, 11:44 AM
Having owned both an Evo and a V2, I can conclusively say that there is no stock Evo that is faster in a straight line than a stock V2 at any speed- unless it is 0-10. The higher up the speedo you get, the worse it gets for the Evo. No need to spend even one dollar on mods. Nothing against the Evo- I loved that car and the handling and steering, along with the blast from the turbo, were killer. Certainly you can make an AWD car for $35,000 that has steering feel with the best of them. There are plenty of other examples that were not mentioned above as well, from $30,000 to the price of a V2.

JimmyH
06-09-11, 12:22 PM
Well, they were talking about AWD in the CTS (not the EVO, not the Murcielago, not etc.) I owned one. It was not great. It was not bad, but it was not great.
I am not quite understanding why you guys are comparing the CTS to a rice rocket or a half-million dollar exotic.

1-2-N-V
06-09-11, 01:45 PM
What is so ECO about a 1400 hp engine. Is it the alcohol that just burns that clean it's considered ECO friendly. Why does GM make a dual fuel vehicles anyway. Is it just too damned expensive to produce? Where the heck would you fill up Jess?

And hey BTW Jess i emailed you about a tune for my 11 GMC. You got anything for that?

JFJr
06-09-11, 04:28 PM
WTF, a 4 cylinder? What about streetability and durability?

Do you know about the 5.5 liter V8 Corvette is now using in Le Mans racing? If so start with that, put in the lightest, strongest, most durable parts that would be feasible in a street engine, and then twin turbocharge and massage it. No doubt the GM Performance Division will be back and may need your help with the "V3" engine. Isn't that where we're headed?

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)