: Easy come, easy go....Maybe

lincolncadillac
06-06-11, 07:02 PM
Well Big Blue may have to go back it has issues with the title that we are trying to workout but might not be able too....so she might have to go back.

Also have a title problem with Big Black, but this will probably get worked out.

It would really suck to be lacless.

outsider
06-06-11, 07:35 PM
in maine, over 15 years no title :)

lincolncadillac
06-06-11, 07:51 PM
in maine, over 15 years no title :)

Wish we could do that here.

CADforce69
06-06-11, 09:05 PM
Maybe thatīs why it was so cheap. Anyway, probably there is a way to solve the problem. Even in Spain, with tons of bureaucracy, there is always some way although you have to do a lot of bureaucratic steps. My caddy had no documents but after some months and € 200 = $ 380 the question was solved. There are professionals whose work is that. Good luck! It seems you were really excited with this car.

csbuckn
06-06-11, 09:29 PM
For a lost title, i think it was gonna cost about 200 for all the fees to get the title. You have to mail a certified letter to the registered owner and when its returned, answered or not, bring it in and pay all the fees.

lincolncadillac
06-06-11, 10:20 PM
For a lost title, i think it was gonna cost about 200 for all the fees to get the title. You have to mail a certified letter to the registered owner and when its returned, answered or not, bring it in and pay all the fees.

I have both the titles in hand. One has been signed over to some one who didnt buy the car but he has supplied a notorized statement signed by himself and the registered owner stateing that he did not take possesion of the car. But dmv said that the registered owner must be the one stateing that the car was not sold to this individual. But the owner sold it to the guy i bought it from with an open title. So he must contact the owner of the vehicle since he never registered it in his name to generate another affidavit to state that the previous guy never took possesion but getting a hold of the owner might prove to be difficult since he may have moved.

Big Black is a little simpler: the owner (sort of ) of the car put the car in his exwifes name, so when they got divorced he ended up with the car and she signed over the car to him, but he never registered the car in his name. So all i need him to do is register the car in his name and sign the car over to me.

77CDV
06-07-11, 01:56 AM
And this is why a clean title is so important, boys and girls.

MoistCabbage
06-07-11, 03:48 AM
One has been signed over to some one who didnt buy the car but he has supplied a notorized statement signed by himself and the registered owner stateing that he did not take possesion of the car. But dmv said that the registered owner must be the one stateing that the car was not sold to this individual. But the owner sold it to the guy i bought it from with an open title. So he must contact the owner of the vehicle since he never registered it in his name to generate another affidavit to state that the previous guy never took possession.

There ARE ways around situations like that. If the DMV isn't helping you out, call your insurance agent. It may end up being easier to go about it as if there were no title.

CADforce69
06-07-11, 09:25 AM
There ARE ways around situations like that. If the DMV isn't helping you out, call your insurance agent. It may end up being easier to go about it as if there were no title.

Yes, thatīs a good idea

lincolncadillac
06-07-11, 06:20 PM
Well Big Black will be titled properly tomorrow, Still working on Big Blue. Talked to the guy i bought it from and he has offered to title it in his name in florida and then sell it to me properly, but that may not be possible due to the discrepancy with the the other guys name being on it ( maybe in florida there a little bit more lax ) but we will see.