: DCM module installed--battery still dead..

caddiedrummer
06-06-11, 10:56 AM
About ready to strike a match to my wife's Slade. She has been stranded out of town twice in the last month with a drawn down/ dead battery. First time I replaced the OE battery which had only 12 months on it.

3 weeks later new battery dead. Dealer installs new DCM module. Car fine for 2 weeks now battery dead.

I got the Escalade to move her out of Honda minivans (we had 4) and because I like my CTS-V. The minivans were flawless. The Escalade not so much.

Very frustrating/ridiculous.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-06-11, 11:20 AM
That definitely is a huge issue! Not cool to have the wife stuck anywhere. Seems most of us have had this problem, the answer seems to be dual batteries.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/130849-second-battery.html

matthones
06-06-11, 12:02 PM
One thing I've noticed is that once you leave the car, make sure to "double-click" the key fob to lock the doors. It seems that if I don't do the double tap and get the horn that the vehicle still has something left on in the "I'll kill your battery" mode.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-11, 12:04 PM
caddiedrummer,

I apologize for the multiple conveniences you and your wife have experienced with your vehicle. Have you spoken to your local Cadillac dealership to see if there is an issue with your vehicle?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

caddiedrummer
06-06-11, 12:41 PM
caddiedrummer,

I apologize for the multiple conveniences you and your wife have experienced with your vehicle. Have you spoken to your local Cadillac dealership to see if there is an issue with your vehicle?

Thank you!

Thanks but did you read my post??? The dealer installed replacement DCM module and same thing occurred. They have thrown their hands up. It seems to be a VERY WELL known problem to all here and Cadillac. Maybe you could tell me the fix.

hcvone
06-06-11, 01:56 PM
When you replaced the stock battery what did you replace it with? The new Die Hard has very good ratings, and for me after a handful of Escalade's the dual battery setup ended all my problems, maybe Cadillac should listen. ;)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-11, 02:08 PM
Caddiedrummer,

Yes, I did read your post. I was asking if you have spoken to your dealership to confirm if there was an issue. I see that they replaced the DCM module. I was wondering if you have taken it back to confirm if there was any other issue. I apologize for the mix up. Could you please send me your full conatct information including your VIN so I can look into this?

Thank you

caddiedrummer
06-06-11, 03:11 PM
Elizabeth. Left you a PM. Thanks