: question about electrical stuff

agp
06-06-11, 09:20 AM
I have a light (with an AC adapter), and whenever I turn it on, it works fine for a few minutes, then it starts flickering. It does not turn off but constantly flickers. I tried changing the bulb but the same thing happens Does anyone know what's wrong? I took the light fixture apart to make sure all the connections and soldering are good, and they are.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z5/AmazingGracePlayer/Summit-20110606-00007.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
06-06-11, 09:38 AM
you can try swaping out the bulb. take that bulb to lowes or the depot and get a new one ....its like 8 bucks ...but it is probably the ballast and i dont know where someone can get a new one for something that small ....

is it worth fixing ?

Submariner409
06-06-11, 03:42 PM
Yep, ballast - probably a capacitor.

EcSTSatic
06-06-11, 03:55 PM
It will probably end up costing more than the lamp is worth.

The Raven
06-06-11, 04:53 PM
I have a light (with an AC adapter), and whenever I turn it on, it works fine for a few minutes, then it starts flickering. It does not turn off but constantly flickers. I tried changing the bulb but the same thing happens Does anyone know what's wrong? I took the light fixture apart to make sure all the connections and soldering are good, and they are.

The ballast is part of the bulb in this case, so the only possibility left is the transformer. It's probably a POS transformer that is not providing a stable AC wave.

Playdrv4me
06-07-11, 03:55 AM
Plus 1 on the transformer.