: Slow Nav system on 2010 SRX, anyone else?

dkbraz
06-05-11, 09:45 AM
Navigation System address input really slow. At last regualr service asked dealer to check out. They downloaded an update to software, but Nav is still really slow.
Example: If I want to input address, say 2345 Main Street. When I am inputing "Main" it takes 10-12 seconds (I timed it) from the time I touch "M" and when it appears on screen. Same with "a" and so on. Continues when you get to street address.
Before I bring to attention of dealer, can anyone tell me if they have had a similar expereince? Is this normal for the Nav system? If you have had this what did you communicate to your dealer?

Thank you

Smokin' SRX
06-05-11, 10:40 AM
I have a 2010 and never experienced any such delay. Have you tried cleaning the Nav disc? Just a guess. Maybe try another disc? I'm sure dealer will have another SRX around for a quick swap/test.

Glad you had the software updated. Some known issues there.

Good luck.

SS

stevec5375
06-05-11, 10:59 AM
I have a 2010 and never experienced any such delay. Have you tried cleaning the Nav disc? Just a guess. Maybe try another disc? I'm sure dealer will have another SRX around for a quick swap/test.

Glad you had the software updated. Some known issues there.

Good luck.

SS

The Nav uses the built-in hard drive. The Nav DVD is only used to load the info onto the hard drive. Cleaning the DVD won't solve any problem.

Smokin' SRX
06-05-11, 11:02 AM
Ok. Thx Steve. Thought it might help him. I know what a dirty DVD does to my movie watching.

SS

dkbraz
06-06-11, 08:40 PM
Thank you for your replies.

Kuya
06-07-11, 06:24 AM
By any chance is it faster if you hit the phone button and say "Destination" I typically prefer to do voice commands to enter my destination . . . because I am driving. Just another way to do it, while you are waiting to address the Nav issue with your dealer.

The few times I have typed in the address manually, I have not noticed any speed issues.

dkbraz
06-08-11, 09:45 AM
Kuya, thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking there is something wrong with the Nav system as the voice prompt does not work. I did check to make sure Voice Prompt was enabled (it was). I am sure all of this will be helpful for the Dealer Tech when they look at it.
Love the car, will love it even more whe I can use the Nav!

Thank you

dkbraz
07-01-11, 06:45 PM
Wanted to provide update and resolution. Dealer has replaced Radio/Nav System. All is good again. Lesson I have learned here is to make the tech sit in the car with you and demonstrate the problem. It took two visits to dealer to get this resolved.
Glad it is fixed and ultimately had to direct Tech to this forum..... when he say all of the posts on Default back to Washington, DC, etc.... he started to believe me.
I was impressed by the speed with which things happened on 2nd visit. These things are mass produced, I am OK that there will be problems, it is the way that the dealer ultimately repsonded that impressed me.

stevec5375
07-01-11, 07:49 PM
I am glad to hear that you got your problem fixed. Thank you for posting the outcome. It will help others in the future who experience the same issue get to a quicker resolution.

Have a great 4th of July weekend!