: Squeeks and other Noises

uflj50
06-05-11, 09:36 AM
Just wondering if any of you have noticed on the change in the 3 row seat setup on 2010 and I assume 2011. This excludes the EXT and ESV. Compared to my 2008 there was clearance on the drivers side 3rd row seat on about 1/2 inch on the back piller. on my 2010 the head rest to the same seat now touches that piller and makes a squeeking noise when traveling down the road. Best I can tell its the plastic clips that mount the trim piece to the pillar. I have to ride around with the 3rd row seats in the down position to avoid this. I asked my dealer about this and his comment was now he understood why many of the SUV's he had coming in had the seats down. he also said that the change was due to a new motor for the rear hatch and that GM was aware and working on a solution. I dont this this is the case but maybe big brother if they ready this can comment. Any of you having this issue??? You have to be as every truck i checked on the lot was the same...Such a shame for a nice truck as this we all seem to have so many small issues....

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-11, 10:00 AM
uflj50,

I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide me a picture of where the seat is rubbing at the pillar? Also, could you please provide me with your VIN as well?

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

uflj50
06-09-11, 08:33 AM
I sure will, thank you for your help. I will get them to you this week end as I'm on a business trip right now.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-09-11, 02:49 PM
uflj50,

You're welcome. You can e-mail them to me at socialmedia@gm.com. When you do, please put ATTN Elizabeth or Liz.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service