: Shout-out for the Wagon

ChicagoV
06-05-11, 10:10 AM
I still think that my wagon is noticeably not as quick as my 2010 sedan was, but yesterday I had to laugh when, after going to Home Depot and throwing a rented roto-tiller and 300 pounds of dirt (in bags, placed on tarp over rubber mats) in the back, I encountered a Infinity G37 coupe on the on-ramp to 90/94 heading north from North Avenue (for those of you in/near Chicago). I know, I know, not a fair fight, but the guy was definitely looking for scalps. Needless to say, it did not go well for him. Normally I would not have bothered, but I could not help it with the extra baggage. Just another good time in the V.

Elliot M. Siegel
06-05-11, 10:31 AM
As I have a 2010 CTS Sport Wagon 3.6 also in the garage with my 2011 CTS-V Sport Wagon I noticed that from the back, except for the V emblem, they are exactly the same. I've wonder if I should remove the V emblem and have some fun with "fast cars' coming up behind. I'm also in the Chicago area and I was also wondering how many of us V wagon guys are around. Maybe a weekend meet somewhere in the area for all of us to compare notes would be in order.

EMS

ChicagoV
06-05-11, 10:49 AM
Yes, when the wagon came out one of the things that you notice is that, although the sedan and coupe both got different rear treatments (like the mesh under the bumper and the exhaust with the interior perforated sleeve on the sedan), the wagon did not. I read later that those decisions were made as a trade-off to keep the wagon price the same as the others, but I have no GM-insider confirmation of that. I would definitely be up for a Chicago-area meet. Let's see how many are interested. Probably best to start a new thread with that subject heading too.

Me Wanna A V
06-05-11, 02:23 PM
Why is it that all G35/G37 (350Z / 370Z) drivers are "cocky" d-bags!!!

They think they have the fastest things on the road. I've experienced this phenomenon in more than one U.S state, so it's not just some ignorant comment on my behalf.

Come to think of it, the BMW 335i (turbo) guys are pretty annoying also!!!!!!

jb_bgg
06-05-11, 04:25 PM
All V emblems removed on my 09 sedan and yes, it does set the stage for some interesting interactions...

ultimateendz
06-06-11, 10:56 AM

They think they have the fastest things on the road. I've experienced this phenomenon in more than one U.S state, so it's not just some ignorant comment on my behalf.

hahaha.....we arent all that bad....i came out of a fully bolton 335 vert putting down 450whp....if a V decides to play against one with all its mods it better not be stock.....im getting a V though and going the D3 stage 1 ultracharger route...it just handles so much better than my 335....and is going to have gobbs more power than my vert did

ChicagoV
06-06-11, 11:24 AM
Glad to hear that you will be getting your V on soon, ultimateendz. I've definitely noticed the trend with the Nissan/Infiniti guys. I can deal with the tuned STi's and Evos, I get what those guys are doing, but the G guys, come on.

ultimateendz
06-06-11, 11:33 AM
Glad to hear that you will be getting your V on soon, ultimateendz. I've definitely noticed the trend with the Nissan/Infiniti guys. I can deal with the tuned STi's and Evos, I get what those guys are doing, but the G guys, come on.

haha...yea....and the nissan guys pick races all the time with us bmw guys....there is however a TT370z on our forum who beat a modded M6 putting down 509whp by a couple car lengths.....needless to say i was kind of shocked

WagonGuy
06-12-11, 12:38 PM
First post to this forum...scanning for interesting wagon comments and glad I hit this one. I traded in my 335i for a V wagon. I, uh, was a little annoying. But-nobody stared or made comments like they do now. I had a guy deliver an open-windowed rant full of expletives (all to the positive) at a stoplight coming home from work the other day. Made a tough week very sweet. I have rocked a few g35/37 drivers. Very fun.

GS7
06-12-11, 12:59 PM
Yes, when the wagon came out one of the things that you notice is that, although the sedan and coupe both got different rear treatments (like the mesh under the bumper and the exhaust with the interior perforated sleeve on the sedan), the wagon did not. I read later that those decisions were made as a trade-off to keep the wagon price the same as the others, but I have no GM-insider confirmation of that.

According to the article link below, "...Cadillac only has to sell 37 CTS-V wagons — the third V-series car in the CTS line — to break even on the project. And if that's not a testament to economies of scale, we don't know what is."

So they consciously made maximum re-use of existing designs. Probably one of the lowest cost vehicle introductions in history. Imagine that...only needing to sell 37 to break even!

Another quote from the article:
"Sure, there were small compromises to keep the budget down — like the fact that this car shares its rear fascia and exhaust outlets with the standard CTS Sport Wagon while other V products get proprietary rear bumpers and exhaust outlets."

http://www.insideline.com/cadillac/cts-v/2011/2011-cadillac-cts-v-full-test-and-video.html

PS the people in G37's and other cars are probably more interested in seeing how close they come, more than actually believing they could win. The G37 is a decent package for the price.

smitdog
06-21-11, 11:14 PM
Also in Chicago, my V badges gone...Not seen another V wagon, but know dealer sold a Black Diamond in a day or two...

ChicagoV
06-21-11, 11:41 PM
If it was Grossinger on North Avenue, that was the one I picked up.

PhxTriode
06-22-11, 12:04 AM

You nailed it!

Funny how they won't look at you after an ass handing.

VBLACK_DIAMOND_WAGON
07-23-11, 02:44 AM
I love my wagon...

Elliot M. Siegel
07-23-11, 10:23 AM
V Wagon owners represent a small group with the V community but I think, and I am prejudice, that we have the true standout V model, particularly when you look at the V line as a world line product. There are a lot more of the other two V models out there so they are more common but the V wagon is like owning a small production run high performance exotic, with only a handful that are going to be built. Enjoy the moment.

EMS