: Help needed - Source for molding clips 1973 / 1974

06-05-11, 04:54 AM
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum. I am in the process of putting 2 of my cadillacs back together after painting them. I need some new clips for:

1) the thin mould that runs trough the centre of the doors - front/rear fenders
2) the thick mould that runs along the bottom of the doors

I have uploaded photos for you guys to understand the moulds i mean.

If anybody knows where I can buy these from it would be a massive help. I really do not want to eurethane the moulds back on

thin mold can be seen here:

thick mold can be seen here

thanks in advance for your help


11-21-11, 06:18 PM
Hi Mitch,

I am busy restoring a 1974 Sedan Deville, and I have also found it impossible to get the clips needed for holding these pieces on. Have you had any joy in your search?

I've tried ebay which has various Shops that sell some clips, but not these ones that you and I are looking for.

If you do find any clips, please let me know, and I will do like-wise.



11-21-11, 06:36 PM
Here are 74 Windshield clips


11-21-11, 07:15 PM
Have you checked these companies?:


Auveco seems to have everything. They have a huge catalog; you can also contact them. Itīs important having a sample of the clip you are looking for.

11-21-11, 08:28 PM
try this place if you have no luck with the others..

11-23-11, 08:44 PM
All good suggestions, but try a local body shop thats been around a long time. Ideally a shop connected to a GM dealership.

11-24-11, 07:44 AM
not sure if they use the same clips as my 69...little white rectangles with two circular holes, one bigger than the other, and a slit connecting them...but I also found them impossible to find. IN the end I just reused the old clips.