: Forgive me...

King335i
06-05-11, 12:30 AM
...if this is a re-post, but did anyone else see that they're going to make a CTS-V Convertible? Blasphemy...

baabootoo
06-05-11, 01:05 AM
Nope, news to me. I only thought that Mercedes made the Cabriolet.

hulksdaddy
06-05-11, 02:25 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/fl_cadillac-cts-v-convertible_span.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/first/cadillac-cts-v-convertible

I think it looks cool.:cool2:

neuronbob
06-05-11, 09:11 AM
The Cadillac engineers officially debunked the convertible quite some time ago, saying that the platform was not designed at all with a convertible in mind. I forget where I read it but I do recall it.

GM-4-LIFE
06-05-11, 02:13 PM
I have never been a convertible type of person, but that pic of the CTS-V Convertible looks sweet! I love it!

Is that a photochop pic or is that a new spy type testing pic?

I am sure we would have heard of a CTS-V vert by now. I think it would be odd for Cadillac to spend the money to make a vert when the current CTS bodystyle is due to end at the end of the 2013 model year, giving it only a 2 model year run.

King335i
06-05-11, 07:34 PM
The Cadillac engineers officially debunked the convertible quite some time ago, saying that the platform was not designed at all with a convertible in mind. I forget where I read it but I do recall it.

I remember reading that exact same thing. However, as you can see by the provided pic and link that they're going forward with it.

In my opinion the car's already heavy enough.

Florian
06-05-11, 07:57 PM
Love it! Will buy!

F

neuronbob
06-05-11, 09:16 PM
I remember reading that exact same thing. However, as you can see by the provided pic and link that they're going forward with it.

The article indicates that the convertible is only R&T's speculation, and that Cadillac has not announced any such thing. The pic is most likely an artist's rendering/Photoshop. I agree with you that the car is quite heavy enough. It'd have to be heavier to make up for the lack of a top by adding structural rigidity. I agree as well that it's awfully late in the life of this model for a 'vert tor be released, though it's certainly possible.

RLJ676
06-05-11, 09:17 PM

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. This is speculation pure and simple, there is no CTS convertible coming.

Kluch
06-06-11, 12:14 AM
I think it looks great and I am not a convertible guy. Would love to see this made.

NC_Cadzilla
06-06-11, 05:53 AM
i would pimp it

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 01:19 PM
If you have the $$$$$ I'm sure you could have one custom made. It would make a great looking vert...

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 01:20 PM
Oh, and it would have to be a softtop. Another 200lbs for a retractable hardtop is nuts, to me.

kirbyCTSV
06-06-11, 01:51 PM
gonna be way to heavy...prob close to 4500lbs

GizmoQ
06-07-11, 07:30 AM
I'd drive it!

King335i
06-07-11, 07:38 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. This is speculation pure and simple, there is no CTS convertible coming.

Actually I first read it in an issue of Road & Track, not on the internet. I am guessing that you'll be eating your words before too long. We'll see.

RLJ676
06-09-11, 07:07 PM
Actually I first read it in an issue of Road & Track, not on the internet. I am guessing that you'll be eating your words before too long. We'll see.

No, I will not be. Feel free to bet whatever you'd like.....

I wouldn't believe anything you read about things until GM announces it. R&T, the internet, C&D are wrong way more than right.

King335i
06-10-11, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hQN4Amaeg

RLJ676
06-10-11, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hQN4Amaeg

? Video disabled?

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 09:05 PM
not gonna happen... simple as that

CTS convertible was already done by someone and showed at sema i think

JimmyH
06-10-11, 09:25 PM
There is company out there that will turn cts sedans into verts.

The third gen might get a vert. I would almost bet the Ats will.