: Extended Warranty for 2011?

h2kool4tn
06-04-11, 11:34 PM
I was checking out WarrantyDirect.com and got quoted for about $3000 for my 2011 Escalade Premium for 7 years / 100k miles, which should give me extra 2 years over my factory warranty. My question is: $3000 worth it for 2 years? Also I do not drive much so 100k miles should last me 10+ years. Anyone experience trouble with warrantydirect.com or other extended warranty? Are they worth that? Also that is the Luxury Plan with $0 deductible, all electronics, even over-heat and some wear and tear repairs.

Mike Jones
06-10-11, 06:07 PM
I was checking out WarrantyDirect.com and got quoted for about $3000 for my 2011 Escalade Premium for 7 years / 100k miles, which should give me extra 2 years over my factory warranty. My question is: $3000 worth it for 2 years? Also I do not drive much so 100k miles should last me 10+ years. Anyone experience trouble with warrantydirect.com or other extended warranty? Are they worth that? Also that is the Luxury Plan with $0 deductible, all electronics, even over-heat and some wear and tear repairs.

I think that $3,000 would be too much to pay for 2 years of extended coverage beyond the manufacturers warranty. Since you stated that you don't drive very many miles, 100,000 miles may be too much coverage for you. We can offer you 75,000 miles/7 years for $1,510 with a $0 deductible and special electronics included. This is our Platinum coverage commonly referred to as bumper-to-bumper. This plan covers virtually all of the vehicle’s mechanical and electrical components including DVD player, GPS, backup camera (special electronics). This quote assumes less than 15,000 miles and 2WD. Different rates apply in CA, OR, ID, and AK. Several other benefits include 24 hour roadside assistance, tire road hazard protection, trip interruption compensation and rental vehicle assistance. These benefits are effective immediately and apply for the entire term of you coverage. In addition you can take your vehicle to any licensed repair facility in the U.S or Canada. Please visit our website for additional information www.autopom.com.

h2kool4tn
06-10-11, 11:51 PM
I need help with the terms used by extended warranty. When you say 7 years/75000 miles. that means that the 7 years start the day I buy the plan or the day the car was bought? Also the same for miles, is that 75000 in addition to the miles I already have in my car? If I buy today, I should be covered until June 10th, 2018 or 77,209 miles, am I correct?

hannity
06-11-11, 12:51 AM
If you plan on keeping the truck long term I would get the warranty. If you plan on getting rid of it at the 5 year mark don't bother.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-11, 11:29 AM
h2kool4tn,

The term and mileage of coverage is calculated from the date of contract purchase and the current odometer mileage on the vehicle.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

h2kool4tn
06-14-11, 05:22 PM
That clears it out and seems more fair. Thank you. I will probably end up buying some type of warranty before the 4 years run out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-11, 03:44 PM
h2kool4tn,

You’re welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service