: What I hate about summer

vincentm
06-04-11, 08:28 PM
Teenagers driving stupidly in their little f'n pokemon cars, wish i had a paintball gun to shoot at them..

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Northstar powered phone

cadillac kevin
06-04-11, 08:37 PM
I hate people who cant stay in their own lane. some guy on a harley almost changed lanes into the side of my big conversion van. I have no idea how you cant miss a big white high top van, especially when its right next to you.
-------------------------------------------------
sent from my yugo powered LG stupidphone®

Stingroo
06-04-11, 08:46 PM
I often find myself asking that same question, except replace "pedo van" with "large red wagon".

:suspect:

DouglasJRizzo
06-04-11, 08:47 PM
One of the phenomenon I've noticed here in NJ is the three lane sweep. A car will blast along in the far left lane to get ahead of traffic that's building up at an exit ramp, then cut over the three lanes for the exit at the last minute, wedging between the cars that are making their way onto the ramp. I saw some clown in a black Grand Prix kill himself doing that by tearing his car in half - the state police pulled a sheet over the half with the driver's seat, the half with the back seat had skittered across the highway and was resting against the divider.

cadillac kevin
06-04-11, 08:52 PM
I often find myself asking that same question, except replace "pedo van" with "large red wagon".

:suspect:

pedo van? seriously? Since when is my van a pedo van? (although I do have candy, a steak knife, some rope, a bed, and corn cob holders in my van. )

Destroyer
06-04-11, 09:17 PM
Teenagers driving stupidly in their little f'n pokemon cars, wish i had a paintball gun to shoot at them..

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Northstar powered phoneEasy on that phone. We don't want it overheating! :alchi:

orconn
06-04-11, 09:51 PM
One of the phenomenon I've noticed here in NJ is the three lane sweep. A car will blast along in the far left lane to get ahead of traffic that's building up at an exit ramp, then cut over the three lanes for the exit at the last minute, wedging between the cars that are making their way onto the ramp. I saw some clown in a black Grand Prix kill himself doing that by tearing his car in half - the state police pulled a sheet over the half with the driver's seat, the half with the back seat had skittered across the highway and was resting against the divider.

That's called the "Mid-Atlantic Me More Important" syndrome, it's very common throughout the coastal Mid-Atlantic Region. It all started with the BMW yuppie explosion but must have been very contagious. My son claims the virus was incubated in the BMW HVAC system, we first noticed it amount young Mid-Atlantic transplants to California back in the 1980's. It was endemic by the early 1990's. Also endemic in the Mid-Atlantic is the "Hell With Physics I"m Going to Drive Up Your Tailpipe" syndrome!

Playdrv4me
06-05-11, 04:56 AM
Easy on that phone. We don't want it overheating! :alchi:

I'll bet that leaves a nasty burn when it's in your pocket.

Rolex
06-05-11, 12:06 PM
The only thing I hate about summer is that the past couple of years when the kids are out they start thieving. I'm a "door locker" kind of guy, but kids start stealing from open garages and open cars in garages during summer. It's what prompted me to install 8 security cameras around my place.

Submariner409
06-05-11, 12:35 PM
Summer - begins on 21 June at 1:16 PM EDT this year - brings on hordes of bugs in this flat farm country. The car and truck look like they have furry front ends.

................and we've seen several Gypsy moth caterpillars for the first time in 12 years........ not good. Last outbreak cost our 4 families here in the woods $3500 to have helicopter sprayed - Dimilin 4.

C&C
06-05-11, 01:29 PM
What I hate about summer: It usually starts in May (here in S.C.), the heat and the humidity..........and hurricane season (living just to the north of Charleston just off the coast).

drewsdeville
06-05-11, 01:50 PM
I hate heat and humidity, and does it get humid here. We've had a few weeks of summer, and I'm ready for winter already.

V-Eight
06-05-11, 02:46 PM
I hate bugs. Getting them off the car SUCKS

ben.gators
06-05-11, 03:16 PM
The only thing I hate about summer is that the past couple of years when the kids are out they start thieving. I'm a "door locker" kind of guy, but kids start stealing from open garages and open cars in garages during summer. It's what prompted me to install 8 security cameras around my place.

Thieves in your house?! You have a gang of dogs! What are they doing?!

orconn
06-05-11, 03:17 PM
Where is the worse place I have spent time in warm weather. Surprisingly it wasn't along the he coast of the Red Sea where the temperature could reach 120 degrees Fahrenheit on hot day and regularly hit 110 degrees on a normal afternoon. No, the most miserable hot weather I've ever experience was the Summer I spent in the inland suburbs of Chicago (Park Ridge) in the early sixties. Now that was hot and miserable; not only because the temperature was high, because the humidity was very high. I have also spent time in Southeast Asia a region noted for its' heat and humidity and I can tell you Chicago was worse.

Here in Virginia I grow really tired of the dusty green everywhere that characterizes August and September here. Very often we don't get enough rain to keep the grass green and the dust off the trees. Being a native Californian I miss the golden hills of August and September that so characterize late Summer in my home state ... at least it isn't humid and their is no threat of hurricanes or horrendous tropical storms, just a certain slant of the light and a feel to the air that lets you know another nice Fall and Winter are coming!

Submariner409
06-05-11, 04:05 PM
What I hate about summer: It usually starts in May (here in S.C.), the heat and the humidity..........and hurricane season (living just to the north of Charleston just off the coast).

C&C,

Ain't nothin' like the Low Country for humidity, mosquitos, hush puppies and shrimp in the summer................Were you there when Mrs. Simmons had the fish market at the start of the causeway to the Ben Sawyer bridge ?? She kept herself a fifth of Jack Daniel's on the counter top, every day, and by 6 PM it was all gone. She was able to get us several quarter-pound shrimp (yes, one shrimp, quarter-pound) which we would stuff with crab imperial and roast on the grille. Go over to Isle of Palms and find 213 Forest Trail. That lot was where my 3-br/carport brick rancher was before Hugo moved it 50 yards west. The house that's there now bears absolutely no resemblance to my place from '73 to '79. Actually, all of I of P is nothing like I left in '79.

Rolex
06-05-11, 05:43 PM
Thieves in your house?! You have a gang of dogs! What are they doing?!

About 2 summers ago a couple of my fishing poles sprouted legs and walked off (thanks to my beloved wife who used to leave the garage doors up day and night). Nobody has managed to break into our house yet (knock on wood). Afterwards I installed several IR cameras around the house. Now when I find something odd, something broken, etc, I just rewind the DVR and find who did it.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-06-11, 12:49 PM
I hate bugs. Getting them off the car SUCKS

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2157_3497390
WELL worth $6. it looks and feels like you wouldnt want it sliding across your cars paint. but dip it in a soapy wash bucket and itll make easy work of those bug guts. i wish i would have taken a video of how easily it removed the two months worth of dead bugs and grime from the front of the allante.

EcSTSatic
06-06-11, 01:00 PM
I hate the summer when the water warms up and the morons on jetskis and other "wet" watercraft get on the lake. Most of these people have no clue about the rules of the waterways. It's nice, sensible sailing weather when the water is cold. Maybe fuel prices will slow them down this season.

Lord Cadillac
06-06-11, 01:20 PM
I like Pinnacle too.

http://globeliquors.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Pinnacle_Cotton_Candy_3.102224344_std.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2157_3497390
WELL worth $6. it looks and feels like you wouldnt want it sliding across your cars paint. but dip it in a soapy wash bucket and itll make easy work of those bug guts. i wish i would have taken a video of how easily it removed the two months worth of dead bugs and grime from the front of the allante.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-06-11, 01:25 PM
lol i saw the bottle and said "man that looks like something id drink instead of puttin on the car"

then it hit me

Submariner409
06-06-11, 01:33 PM
www.autogeek.net - West Palm Beach. Pinnacle is their "house brand" and it's damn good stuff.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-06-11, 02:36 PM
www.autogeek.net - West Palm Beach. Pinnacle is their "house brand" and it's damn good stuff.

my only source for detailing supplies (other than over the counter wheel cleaners, tire shines and quick detailer) those people are nice too. i had just missed a mothers day promo for free shipping, i placed a pretty big order which still wasnt big enough to fall under the normal guidelines for free shipping. i paid including shipping then sent a friendly email asking if i could get a discount on shipping since i had just missed the promo and i was actually going to use the stuff to detail my moms vehicle. They ended up processing a refund for the shipping charges in full. thats pretty awesome i think.

Oh the order arrived quickly as well