: Installing rear fillers

reelheavy
06-04-11, 06:12 PM
i JUST GOT TWO REAR FILLERS AND NOW IT IS TIME TO INSTALL THEM WHAT IS THE BEST WAY AND WHAT WILL I PROBALY NEED TO DO IT???? FROM JUST LOOKING I THINK IT WOULD BE EASIEST TO JUST DROP THE BACK BUMPER.

MudAnt
06-04-11, 06:33 PM
Yeah, dropping the bumper is the easiest way. It's just 8 big nuts on the 2 shocks holding the bumper. Then there's a bunch of small nuts around the inside of the filler that hold it on.

Make sure you remove the tail lights and disconnect the wiring before dropping the bumper, or the whole thing will be hanging on those wires. It's very heavy!

Angry Matt
06-04-11, 09:58 PM
If you just take out the tail lights and unbolt the chrome tail light housings (fins) you wont have to re-shim the bumper, assuming the bumper is already straight. One bolt down towards the bottom and two behind the lens if I remember correctly.

reelheavy
06-04-11, 11:17 PM
Yea I got them on and boy does it make the car look much more complete, Thanx you all. i will upload some before and after pictures.

Mitch_Syd
06-05-11, 05:48 AM
great thread

csbuckn
06-05-11, 10:41 AM
Did you take the bumper off or just the tailfin? I think its easier taking the bumper off but you can adjust the tailfin if you take it off.

reelheavy
06-05-11, 01:02 PM
I dropped the bumper.

cadillac kevin
06-05-11, 01:53 PM
how do you adjust the tailfin? one of mine is pushed in about 1/2 inch further at the bottom than the top

reelheavy
06-05-11, 02:19 PM
well thats the problem i am trying to get to the bottom of now think i will pop off a tail light and see what i can do.

csbuckn
06-05-11, 06:10 PM
I believe you just take the lens out and loosen the two bolts and move it around. There may be three bolts. Ive took off a few but its been a while, I think there may be a shim in there also.

creeker
06-05-11, 11:51 PM
Angry Matt, I would like to replace one of my chrome tailight housings on my 80 cdv., this is great
news if I dont have to lower my whole rear bumper, I've asked before and was told I have to remove whole bumper, have you actually just removed the chrome housing?. Thanks