: New guy from Germany!!!!

German Lenny
10-14-04, 12:02 PM
Hi folks there in the „States“,

you`ve got a new member on board :yup: ! It`s me, Gerd from Germany :) . I´ve been on this sites several times before, looking for answers to all my questions as a caddy-owner. I must say, it is a great community and my question were answered. To me, I´m a 48 years old german engineer, very interested in us-cars since many years. I´m married with Gaby and we live in a house of our own in the centre of (west) germany. Our Children are old enough for their own cars, so I could make my dream come true one year ago, buying a 97`Eldorado. From 1999 til 2003 I also had a 94` Pontiac Firebird just for fun-cruising. But it was totally crashed on a glaced street :crying: . I drove Audi and MB all the years before, but this Eldo is the most amazing car I ever drove :thumbsup: . So, long may it run :D !!!!!!

CU on board!!

Gerd

D148L0
10-14-04, 12:06 PM
:welcome:

CADDYBLACK99
10-14-04, 02:10 PM
Willkommen Gerd!

It's always nice to hear from our european members. Sounds like a nice 97' Eldorado, post a picture when you get a chance. Thanks also for the kind words, the team loves to hear that we have helped you find your answers!
Paul

German Lenny
10-14-04, 03:28 PM
Thx for your kindly WELCOME!
As you requested, here are some pics of my Caddy!
(Above with standard exhaust, last with now tuned-up stainless steel exhaust)

I hope you like it :) !?
http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/Eldo-09.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/Eldo-10.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/Eldo-13.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/Eldo-20.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/ExhNew2.jpg

Greets
G-Lenny

BeelzeBob
10-14-04, 03:41 PM
Very nice! I bet that Eldorado turns lots of heads in Germany. I'm guessing they're not nearly as popular there as they are here..

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up!

Guten Tag!

Vesicant
10-14-04, 05:18 PM
Willkommen zu den Cadillac forum. Ich denke dass ihr eldorado würde machen ein ausgezeichnete fahrzeug für die autobahn. :devil:

Id assume that eldo would do great on the autobahn... :devil: Keeping Mercedes and BMW's down... lol

CADDYBLACK99
10-14-04, 05:40 PM
Awesome Eldorado! :thumbsup:

GritMaster
10-14-04, 08:43 PM
That car looks Clean, very sharp.
Good to have you here, Not so common that europeans are drivin american cars around :P

majax
10-14-04, 10:19 PM
yeah you have to tell us how it does on the atuobahn. What kind of engineer are you? Beautiful car!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for driving a Cadi in Germany :p

German Lenny
10-15-04, 05:29 AM
Hi @all,

I´m very pleased with your resonance - gives a very good feeling!

To the upcoming questions:

- I´m a mining engineer
- Yeah, the accelleration is very helpful, keeping MB and BMW down :cool:
- You may drive highspeed on our "autobahn", if the traffic (little country, billions of cars) allows it ;) !
- my Eldo has a speed limiter at 180KM/h (112mph). I somewhere on this board saw a way to eliminate this limiter, but where was it :helpless: ???
- I like the lower speed cruising more than racing, so it doesn`t really matter, if the car is high-speed-limited.
- The german US-car-scene is greater than you might think. But, you`re right, american cars are always a turn-head-around-appearance :coolgleam .
- Thanks for the German words. I hope, my Am.English is as well as your German.

G-Lenny Gerd

Ralph
10-15-04, 06:54 AM
:welcome: We Canucks seem to like American cars too, they aren't half bad eh? :lildevil: I love those newer Eldos! What are you paying per litre for gas? We are currently 86.9 cents for regular.

My friend swears by BMW's and says they can stand more high revving abuse because they were designed for the autobahn, but I think any good V8 can run neck and neck with the best of them. :thumbsup:

German Lenny
10-15-04, 07:40 AM
Hi Ralph,
be lucky with your gas price! Here the price is about 1,20 €uro/ltr. for premium and 1,18/ltr. for regular (with $/€ exchange rate maybe about 1,40$/ltr. :( ). I think, the German cars (MB, BMW, Audi etc.) really will stand high speeds better than US-Cars (don`t hit me!!!). It depends on the ground-character of driving, especially here in Germany. The factories do what the consumer wants and the laws allow. For example: My Eldo is an original US-Car from Arnold Palmer, brought to Europe by a german owner, who worked for three years in the states. It has no extra transmission fluid cooler. I ordered an after-market-cooler and will install it as soon as possible. An Eldorado (or Deville/Seville) delivered here in Germany has always this cooler "on board" for higher speed and better cooling. But to calm your sorrow down: I know from friends in Germany with Trans-AM`s and Vette`s, that quarter-mile-races show no differences between their cars and European sport-cars (even they are faster :cool: )

CU
G-Lenny (Gerd)

Adam
10-15-04, 07:34 PM
hey welcome to the site my German friend. nice Eldo, i bet it does turn heads. i was on a different forum and i was the only American on the site (by the way it was a lowrider forum) and no one on there liked American cars, said they were trash and not as good as theirs, that isnt the real attitude over there is it? or were they just raggin on me cause im from the US? :welcome:

DutchJ&M
10-15-04, 09:08 PM
First a :welcome: inhere from a neighbour :thumbsup:
It's indeed a very nice looking car

And to this:

no one on there liked American cars, said they were trash and not as good as theirs, that isnt the real attitude over there is it? or were they just raggin on me cause im from the US? :welcome:
Yes, that's a common attitude in Europe :helpless: but mostly made by people wo don't know what they are talking about, and by people who drive a piece of sh*t themself, so don't worry about it

90devilleguy
10-16-04, 02:29 AM
Hi folks there in the „States“,

you`ve got a new member on board :yup: ! It`s me, Gerd from Germany :) . I´ve been on this sites several times before, looking for answers to all my questions as a caddy-owner. I must say, it is a great community and my question were answered. To me, I´m a 48 years old german engineer, very interested in us-cars since many years. I´m married with Gaby and we live in a house of our own in the centre of (west) germany. Our Children are old enough for their own cars, so I could make my dream come true one year ago, buying a 97`Eldorado. From 1999 til 2003 I also had a 94` Pontiac Firebird just for fun-cruising. But it was totally crashed on a glaced street :crying: . I drove Audi and MB all the years before, but this Eldo is the most amazing car I ever drove :thumbsup: . So, long may it run :D !!!!!!

CU on board!!

Gerd

hey did you say you bought your car in the states or over there in germany,if so i am wondering if your car has the european taillights(red brake and amber turn in the taillight),i can't tell for the pictures but it looks like it does have it. if so do you know where in germany you can get them for your car,like let's say if one cracked or broke. junkyards have many caddies over there?

majax
10-16-04, 05:49 AM
Mining Engineer sweetness my mother use to work for/@ the college of mines at the University of Idaho. They work with people and companys all over now they are a part of the college of science.

Your English is very good, I noticed you use re instead of er(ex: center/centre). Please forgive all our crudy spelling and punctuation on our site lol

Manufacturers like Holden and Vauxhaul are they any good? Or are they like the stupid nieve careless persons car?

The common "Euro attitude" must be causing GM to loose sales in Europe.

Ralph
10-16-04, 06:19 PM
I think it's good that Germany has tough driver safety standards. Isn't there a strict safety course every driver must pass before they can get their liscense? In NA, we can buy a 500 hp Dodge Viper and have no respect for the power and potential for what that car can do. Donj't get me wrong, I believe in the freedom to be able to buy a powerful machine like that but the person should make sure they can handle it if they drive aggressively, etc. and not harm others.

There is a reason the insurance rates are so high for Corvettes, Trans Ams, Mustangs, etc. here and it's because kids usually wreck them and everybody pays more for their mistakes. (here anyway) I also know that there are many kids who are terrific, cautious drivers.

German Lenny
10-16-04, 06:20 PM
Hi,

1st @ MAJAX:
thanks for your compliments! Maybe I can get help from you`re mother`s connection in mining things, if it`s necessary. But I hope, I can solve the problems with the job by myself :) . But you`ll never know. So let`s wait and see ;) . Anyway, a german traditional mining-greet "Glückauf" to your mother!!! To spelling and punctuation: My Am.Engl is not so good, that I might risk a correction to all your postings. Maybe I will learn a lot of wrong things in american language reading this sites, but I´ll then be in a big community ;) . To the manufactors Holden and Vauxhall I can not give you any experiences of mine. These cars are hardly to see on german streets. We call Vauxhall the OPEL from Great Britain. That`s a fact indeed, but it`s not a compliment (and also driving OPEL in Germany ;) )

2nd @ 90DEVILLEGUY:
Yes, you`re right. These are real European taillights with amber turn- and red brakelights AND red fog- AND white backdrivelight integrated. This car is an original US-car. But it was "tuned down" according to german street laws after importing it to Germany. We german US-car-lovers hate it!!!!!!! So, if you`re really interested in this amber taillights, let`s make a change!!!! You hardly find Caddy-parts on german junkyards. You need to have connections, first of all other US-car-enthusiasts, to get spare parts here. A new taillight for example must be ordered by an official GM-Vendor and I tell you, you`ll be shocked by the price. Not really knowing the exactly costs, I think they`re quite as double, maybe triple the price as in US. So if you really got a way to get me original RED-US-Eldo-taillights, I will change them with mine.

Best wishes to all

G-Lenny (Gerd)

German Lenny
10-16-04, 08:23 PM
Hi Ralph,

just saw your re-posting. A special safety course is not prescripted. But the course for getting the driver license is not easy. Many candidats do the test (theoretical and practical part) twice or three times and it costs about 2.000 €uro (2.400 $). And then, at the age of at least 18 you can buy and drive any car - no matter of hp (but a matter of your money ;) ). But if you hit the streetlaws before reaching the age of 21, you might loose your license instantly. We call it something like license-on-proof. The teens most beloved cars here a hot-tuned VW Golf`s and other small cars like that. Our insurance rates depend on classified car-types, that means, the higher the accident-statistics for a car, the higher the rates. So, Golf`s a very high classified car, cause of the accidents, the young people here are involved. You see the german teens are as "terrific" as they are in the states. B.t.w my Eldo rates are half the rates of a Golf (tax and insurance). But no teen here would ever think of a Cadillac as its first car.

Greetings
G-Lenny (Gerd)

majax
10-16-04, 09:17 PM
I just noticed you have that V8 emblem thats pretty cool. If you were to buy a brand new Cadillac, would you be able to get one off of a dealership there In Germany? I know they sell them in England. I watched a tv show on the Autobahn and the concrete on it is twice as thick as our Interstates.

"I also know that there are many kids who are terrific, cautious drivers." Thanks Ralph

German Lenny
10-17-04, 10:28 AM

German Lenny
10-17-04, 10:31 AM
Hi MAJAX,

I bought this emblem at german ebay. Just look here (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14775&item=7922771459)
It`s a self-adhesive sign.

G-Lenny (Gerd)

majax
10-17-04, 03:15 PM
haha cool

it was all in German.

TheSwedishTiger
10-18-04, 07:35 AM
Nice to have another European on the board!
Tina

Ralph
10-18-04, 04:41 PM
This has got to be the most diverse thread regarding countries. :thumbsup: All we need is "Orange" from Australia to say hi and someone from Africa and we'll have most of the world covered. :yup: We also have a couple members in Mexico.