: New guy, ready to order a wagon.

Squirlz
06-03-11, 08:52 PM
Hello everyone! I came here to do a little research and it's been quite helpful. I've been looking for a CTS-V wagon with a manual and it's at the point where I'll have to order one. I really like the Black Diamond but none are available with a stick. I almost talked myself into an automatic just so I could get one right now, but after some reading here I'm sticking to my guns on the manual.

My wife and I each have 2005 Electric Blue MINI Cooper Ss that we both bought new. Before we ever met. They brought us together. We did an event called MINI Takes The States last Summer where drove from Michigan to Denver over 7 days. It was an epic adventure in the MINI. It also made us long to do more road trips, but in something roomier and more luxurious.

I had been lusting for a V wagon since rumors of it first began. She was like "right, we're getting a $70K car, uh huh" (insert eye roll) Then she got to sit in one at a car show. I'll never forget the rush I got when she said "you know, we DO have the money".

So there is a regular black one in Jersey with a manual but we're going to accept the wait and order a 2012 Black Diamond. They are assembled nearby so we'll even get to watch it being built.

Has anyone seen a Black Diamond with the gray interior vs the black? I'd like to see that. Any kind of advice on anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Teutonaddict
06-03-11, 09:04 PM
So there is a regular black one in Jersey with a manual but we're going to accept the wait and order a 2012 Black Diamond. They are assembled nearby so we'll even get to watch it being built

First of all, congrats on finding such a compatible wife! Not many of us on here have a better half that enjoys the go-fast toys that we do. Well done.

Secondly, good for sticking to your guns on the 6MT. It will be worth the wait. And worth its weight in gold. And on that note, I like your choice to wait for the color of your liking. A few more months to get one that's exactly as you want it will be well worth it in the long run.

I plan to run mine until the wheels fall off. It's the most enjoyable performance vehicle I've ever owned, and I can argue its practicality with my three young kids in the back...

Welcome to the board!

elphil
06-03-11, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. You show good taste going with the Wagon. Just read a review of the V-Wagon in the June issue of Motor Trend. The reviewer writes "I want it. I want it very badly". The Wagon will do that to you.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1106_2011_bmw_x6_m_cadillac_cts_v_porsche_panamera _turbo/index.html

Elliot M. Siegel
06-03-11, 10:05 PM
I've got a 2011 stick black diamond wagon that is now just over three and one half weeks old and I have already put on 1750 miles on it and I am joining the Hot Rod Power Tour in Indianapolis next week for the last three days. Absolutely wait and order the car that you want. I love my Black Diamond paint and the manual transmission is a dream, even in heavy traffic in Chicago which I have now done twice. You are going to have so much fun with the wagon and you will have a very unique car of which there will only be a handful.

EMS

Caddy Wagon
06-03-11, 10:48 PM
You'll LOVE the Wagon! Good choice on waiting and ordering one exactly how you want it. I love the stick shift in mine. Most of the people who check it out can't believe you can even get it with a manual. :)

rjoffe
06-03-11, 11:15 PM
Just don't forget to delete the sunroof :)

brlong23
06-04-11, 01:11 AM
My personal preference is for the black interior rather than the titanium...but to each his/her own.

baabootoo
06-04-11, 01:46 PM
If they had these when I bought mine last year, I would have gotten the wagon..........w/o the sunroof!

Squirlz
06-04-11, 09:19 PM
So what are the negatives with the sunroof? I just found out that the dealer in Jersey is willing to release the Raven Black wagon to my local dealer. I would get the $3000 discount if I got that one. Not if I ordered the Black Diamond. The Jersey car has the sunroof. What's the problem with that again? :-)

rjoffe
06-04-11, 09:42 PM
Some cars seem to experience the following:
Wind noise
Creaks and pops
Leaks
Not all cars, but enough reports here that if a sunroof is not that important to you, and you are ordering a car to spec, have them delete it.

zeolite2
06-04-11, 09:55 PM
Black diamond wagon here - my sunroof is fine so far.

Squirlz
07-08-11, 08:45 PM
Just ordered it! Black diamond wagon, manual transmission. Can't wait!

SilveRT8
07-08-11, 11:09 PM
Orderd mine 2 weeks ago, White, auto, no sunroof

elphil
07-08-11, 11:26 PM
Way to go you guys.

GS7
07-08-11, 11:56 PM
If you order a 2012 now (or pre-order I guess), are you able to get any discount or are you stuck paying MSRP?
Does the current $3000 cash back offer apply to factory orders?

Wish they'd get their additional paint color situation figured out. Still pretty limited

Squirlz
07-09-11, 09:17 PM
If you order a 2012 now (or pre-order I guess), are you able to get any discount or are you stuck paying MSRP?
Does the current $3000 cash back offer apply to factory orders?

Wish they'd get their additional paint color situation figured out. Still pretty limited

They don't have price info yet. I doubt it will change much from 2011. The $3000 cash back was an end-of-the-year incentive for '11s. I will get a Suppliers discount and/or whatever I can plead them down. Might be tough when the salesman knows you'd give a nut to have one.

Had to put down $5000 non-refundable since it's a manual wagon.

dcc8203
07-09-11, 11:14 PM
I ordered a '12 Silver M6, no roof, polished aluminum wheels, with the wood and suede. I was able to get them to agree to $350 over invoice, plus any additional incentives that are available when the car is delivered. They told me my build was scheduled the first week of August. Can't wait to get it!

I had used the USAA car buying service to start the whole shopping process, and basically I think the price above represents that. We couldn't agree to a final price because the new prices weren't yet available.

You could also try the Sam's or Costco auto buying service.

I didn't have to give any deposit either, fwiw.

Squirlz
08-03-11, 02:11 PM
I heard today my build week is 8/15!