: New CTS-V Coupe with a problem :(

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 08:00 PM
I have had my coupe about 3-4 weeks now. I have put maybe 1,000 miles but it has 2,000 on it. Suddenly today I went to take the boys for a ride to check out the sweet new car. I put the car in Competition Mode and Sport Suspension, as I have before. Come to a stop on a back country road, then press the throttle....then nothing. No wheel spin, no nothing just drive off. So embarrassing, lol. It worked fine the other day. Anyway, it looks like my TC is showing it is disengaged and in Comp mode, but it is not. Car feels like a puke. Anyone see this before. It is going in the shop on Tuesday, but man this is disappointing. You would have thought it was some kind of Toyota Corolla out there or something today.

Lisa

ChicagoV
06-03-11, 08:14 PM
Seems like safe mode.... What happened when you restarted and reset everything?

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 08:19 PM
Nothing. I called On Star to see if they could see any issues and they couldn't. I reset the car 3 times. I live way out in the country, so I went out and tried a while later and still nothing. Shows the competition mode symbol, but no power and wheels don't break loose at all. Power feels a bit boggy at all speeds to me (this car is automatic). Usually if I do that the car roasts the back tires and screams out like a bat out of hell.

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 08:20 PM
Oh, it also drank a quarter tank of gas really quickly...I mean really quickly.

ChicagoV
06-03-11, 08:39 PM
At least the fuel consumption is normal....

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 08:45 PM
LOL. It is almost like it isn't going to first gear and starting in a higher gear. I can't find any button or control that would affect that. Can you think of any? For example my old 2004 CTS had a snow button that I could push and it started the car in a higher gear. All of that would reset though once I turned the car off and on. I am going to go try with the paddle shifters and see what happens. Thank God for warranties I guess...My last two caddies didn't have anything go wrong for a very long time.

mr.algaz
06-03-11, 08:54 PM
I am pretty sure that it is the supercharger Belt.

I dropped my belt before, and never noticed it until I went into an empty parking lot where I know my V breaks the tires loose and it did not do anything.

Open the hood and check the first belt. That should be the problem.

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 09:13 PM
I went out and put it in Manual and Comp Mode. Started like a rocket in 1st...back to normal. Then I transferred back over to automatic and WORKED again. It was starting off in a higher gear before I guess (felt like 3rd). Perhaps it was some type of saftey mode as was mentioned before, or just a computer glitch. Putting it in manual seemed to clear it what ever it was. It is still going to the shop Tues for some paint work that was promised and I will definitely mention this to them... I guess that is what happens when you have computers controlling everything. Hopefully this will help in case it happens to someone else.

Lisa

serturbo
06-03-11, 09:29 PM
I think I read that it starts in 2nd when in D. If you put it in M, it'll start in 1st.

Lmiller11
06-03-11, 09:36 PM
It has always started in 1st in Comp Mode for me before though and burned as much rubber as I wanted to doing it. Once I put it in manual and did it then into auto and did it again, I could tell it was still in first gear. I could also feel it drop back to first in idle this time. It shouldn't be starting in higher gears.

serturbo
06-04-11, 02:51 AM
It has always started in 1st in Comp Mode for me before though and burned as much rubber as I wanted to doing it. Once I put it in manual and did it then into auto and did it again, I could tell it was still in first gear. I could also feel it drop back to first in idle this time. It shouldn't be starting in higher gears.

Depends if you are just shifting to Drive from Park. When first shifting from P to D, the car starts off in 1. After that, it starts in 2. Read the manual for more details.

Lmiller11
06-04-11, 01:40 PM
I will check the manual and the shop, but before I could stop anywhere, put it in Comp Mode and had full power off the start. Plus I tried turning it off and on and put it in park when I was having the issue and it never went to 1st so it was an issue and not operator error.

Lisa