: Recommend me a scary/horror movie?

agp
06-03-11, 10:27 AM
I've seen both Paranormal Activities over and over again, I've eaten large meals while watching Saw and the Human Centipede, so needless to say, scary and horror movies don't have the same effect on me as they may on some people. But I'm looking for a really scary movie that will get me screaming like a little girl... any recommendations?

vincentm
06-03-11, 10:43 AM
Original Chainsaw Massacre pt1

EcSTSatic
06-03-11, 11:12 AM
I worry about people who like this genre. :suspense:

agp
06-03-11, 11:17 AM
By the way, scariest movie I've seen is The Nines (with Ryan Reynolds). I know it's not a scary movie, but it got me scared sh**less.

concorso
06-03-11, 11:53 AM
There are alot of 'scary' movies if you are looking for a psychological horror. For actual monsters in my basement scary, Im not sure there are any.

The Tony Show
06-03-11, 02:55 PM
Hostel was flat out disturbing, and not in a good way. I fear for the neighbors of people who find that movie entertaining.

Why don't you give that one a try?

dkozloski
06-03-11, 10:05 PM
The Red House starring Edward G. Robinson.

Aron9000
06-04-11, 12:45 AM
Hard Candy with a brilliant and very young Ellen Page. Not so much a horror movie, but it will make you want to take a cold shower afterwards to wash the movie off of you.

Stingroo
06-04-11, 12:54 AM
Paranormal Activity was the stupidest shit I ever saw. I don't get what all the hype was about.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-04-11, 01:22 AM
Fatal Attraction.

johnny kannapo
06-04-11, 03:46 AM
"Female Trouble" is messed up.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-04-11, 04:50 PM
Paranormal Activity was the stupidest shit I ever saw. I don't get what all the hype was about.

yea paranormal activity wasnt scary. HOWEVER, my little brother (A) described similar things that the main character "suffered" from way before the movie came out.

For example, he claimed that he would wake up and see a man sitting at the food of his bed, looking at him. this was at one place and when he moved he would claim he still saw it along with stuff moved and weird noises. my other brother (D) heard it as well until (A) moved out. Once (A) moved back (D) would hear stuff again and notice weird things such as chills missing/moved stuff etc.

CIWS
06-04-11, 05:54 PM
JAWS - The Fourth Kind - The Shining - The Exorcist

mhamilton
06-04-11, 07:36 PM
I don't really scare from movies either (though gratuitous gore I find unpalatable, such as Saw, Hostel, etc). For a good horror movie, try Session 9. Much like The Shining, one of my all-time favorites. The original The Haunting from 1963 is classic "left to the imagination" horror.

For total screw-with-your-mind, Eraserhead. Perhaps a bit more avante garde surrealism than horror, but wait for the ending.

Oooh, actually, a really good short film is John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns, from Masters of Horror. You might even enjoy the gore in that one, if you get the uncut version.

cadillac kevin
06-04-11, 07:48 PM
paranormal activity was hokey. I have been in real haunted houses and all I heard was stuff go bump loud crashes from upstairs and when I would look around nothing was moved or broken, and it feeling like the AC was on full blast occasionally in one spot in the house in the middle of summer with the utilities off.). also heard alot of trippy footsteps (footsteps came towards you on floor above you, but sound got softer as it came towards you). what was weirder was as soon as you would acknowledge the noise (even just think about it in your head) the noises would go away for a few minutes.
hell I could have made a movie 10x better than paranormal activity if I had actually taken recording equipment with me.

agp
06-05-11, 09:48 AM
I've seen most of these scary/disturbing movies mentioned here, and none of them did the trick for me. This is because nonsense like alien abduction (Fourth Kind, Cloverfield, Quarantine, etc) don't scare me because I know they'll never happen. On the other hand, mystery AND horror put together scare me. Like The Nines literally gave me nightmare for a week straight.

Aron9000
06-06-11, 04:51 AM
Perhaps the best "monster" movie IMO is the original Alien movie. This movie is best watched by the virgin viewer, with no prior knowledge of the franchise. The set design, cinematography, special effects, all of that has really stood the test of time. IMO the whole style they shot the movie in, tight, clausterphobic, poorly lit, IMO the whole direction is brilliant. Combined with some truly believable characters and its one of my all time favorite movies.

jonespaker
07-07-11, 01:08 AM
I would like to recommend to go enjoy Halloween. It is completely enjoyable scary movie. If you've watched it and looking for some good recently released horror movies, then i would like to recommend you to go watch Death of the Virgin movie. I've enjoyed this movie and i am sure, it's a great horror movie to enjoy in car.

PaulPool89
07-07-11, 01:30 AM
The Descent and The Descent 2.

GREAT movie. And believe it or not, almost all the cave scenes were shot on a stage. B-list movie from Scotland or Ireland that looks like an A-list.

brandondeleo
07-07-11, 04:00 AM
The new Amityville Horror with Ryan Reynolds is not bad... The original would have been scarier if they had better effects in the '70s. Lol