: Considering 06 or 07 XLR

mikjut
06-03-11, 04:23 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some sage advice or at least the voice of experience. The 06 that I'm considering has around 15K miles while the 07 has about 30K. Besides the change to the 6 speed transmission I think these cars are identical - is this correct? Which would you guys rather have, older less miles or newer more miles assuming both appear to be in equal condition? Last question, anyone want to take a stab at which year might be the more reliable one?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge...

alarmu12
06-05-11, 06:36 PM
Which one has a warranty? My 07 has the head lights that turn with the steering wheel and some of the older models do not have this feature. You did not mention the prices of the cars. How nick free are they? I looked at a lot of nicked up dogs at high prices before I found my perfect nick free body and a warranty. I would buy a 08 with a warranty, before i would ever buy a older one without a warranty. The money spent a few times into the dealer without a warranty will cost you enough money to have bought the newer model with the warranty and you will have a newer car with the low miles. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a XLR and they usually do. Each model year they took the bugs out of the previous year, so the newer the better.