: Ok so KW V3 have been out for our cars why cant I find anyone post a review ?

MrMaschine
06-03-11, 12:01 AM
I only get feedback from resellers and KW on how they sold so many and how everyone loves them but thats not making sense why I cant find anyone with a real review.

I honestly think this upgrade would be awesome, not cheap by any means close to $3,000 with labor and I hate to be a test mule for the board.

Anyone Please?

baabootoo
06-03-11, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure what a KW V3 is. Maybe others are too.

MrMaschine
06-03-11, 12:25 AM
Kw 30 way adjustable coilover, race stuff to rid of the mad ride and springs

Junkie414
06-03-11, 12:29 AM
I've been looking for the same thing. Interested in a suspension setup that will let me get lower and still be able to road course/drag race.

Domsz06
06-03-11, 08:09 AM
I think most of us LOVE the mag ride and have no desire to replace it. I know I won't.

thebigjimsho
06-03-11, 09:55 AM
I think most of us LOVE the mag ride and have no desire to replace it. I know I won't.
Yep, the ZR1 has it. Ferrari is using it extensively now. It's too good a technology to ditch it just to lower my V.

I didn't even know KW made a system for the V2. I know they do for the V1. The V1 guys really like it except it's a bitch to adjust on either the fronts or rears.

concorso
06-03-11, 12:22 PM
Its optional on the Z06 now finally, and the R8's and TT's have this apparently...
Im surprised GM has offered some sort of performance package with a stiffer suspension setup for the V.

Dr. Design
06-03-11, 12:27 PM
Hello,
We have done quite a few of these systems on and they perform great. Unfortunately those vehicle owners are not active on forums...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I only get feedback from resellers and KW on how they sold so many and how everyone loves them but thats not making sense why I cant find anyone with a real review.

I honestly think this upgrade would be awesome, not cheap by any means close to $3,000 with labor and I hate to be a test mule for the board.

Anyone Please?

Dr. Design
06-29-11, 08:45 PM
Installing the V3's nothing has to be done other than just installing them.

As for the lowering springs. We are well off the bump stops and do not have any issues with the stroke length. In addition to that our rods make sure that the computer for the shocks are effectively zero'd back out.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

so on the 2011s what do you have to do to make the v3s fit right in with no issues. IM looking at springs also but wondering if it affects the stock shocks since stroke is affected.

Dr. Design
06-29-11, 08:54 PM
Hello,

Yes, the computer controlled mag ride system would become non-op.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

so if we put the kws in we lose the computer control on the 2011? Sorry just learning about all this stuff.

elphil
06-29-11, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=thebigjimsho;2613681]Yep, the ZR1 has it. Ferrari is using it extensively now. It's too good a technology to ditch it just to lower my V.

The Magnetic Selective Ride Control is standard on the V and a $1,995 option on the base Corvette. Too good to toss it out.

Dr. Design
06-29-11, 10:16 PM
Yes, it is certainly good. It's not nearly as good as the Ferrari system as that system has multiple settings and offers far more diversity in settings. Maybe one of these days we can show a track comparison on the V3's vs. OEM Mag ride. It's hard to justify getting rid of the mag ride, but there are noticeable performance gains when changing out to the V3's.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

[QUOTE=thebigjimsho;2613681]Yep, the ZR1 has it. Ferrari is using it extensively now. It's too good a technology to ditch it just to lower my V.

The Magnetic Selective Ride Control is standard on the V and a $1800 option on the base Corvette. Too good to toss it out.