: "Click" from rear wheel???

Trapspeed
06-02-11, 10:40 PM
Hey all. I'm still somewhat new to this game but didn't find this specific issue after a search. Here's the question: I've read up on the front wheel clicking thing but the other night on three separate occasions while driving windows down I could hear a single, fairly loud "click" from the right rear side as the car was transferring its weight after going from reverse to drive. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? :hmm: Possible causes? :annoyed: Thanks, gang.

rjoffe
06-03-11, 09:12 AM
Take it to the dealer and have them check the rear end-links and all other suspension components to make sure they are tight.

Domsz06
06-03-11, 09:22 AM
and perform the TSB on the nuts.

PhxTriode
06-03-11, 10:02 AM
Had mine replaced and it still does it. Wonder if it is the brake pad shifting... bout time for replacements

EVIL_C5
06-03-11, 10:07 AM
mine clicks too, was going to take it to get the diff fluid changed and have everything cheecked....but have to get all the rubber from out of the wheel wells....lol

Trapspeed
06-03-11, 11:30 PM
Thanks, all. I'll have that looked it.

JFJr
06-04-11, 08:52 AM
Also, I believe that there is an issue with bushings in the rear suspension pieces. While doing the tie rod TSB, they can check it out.

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

Z06ified
06-08-11, 03:00 PM
Mine has the rear click too, exactly as you described. After having the front wheel click issue pretty badly until I got new front wheels under the TSB (which did fix the problem), I know that clicking sound very well. To me, the click is the same click that the front wheels produced, only since the rear wheels don't pivot, the click only is produced when changing from forward to reverse, or from applying throttle to slowing down and back. In other words, I think it's the wheels and the rotor hub mating surface causing the click, just like the fronts did, and not coming from rear tie rods or any other suspension component. I've been meaning to take off the rear wheels, clean the mating surfaces, and re-torque and see if it fixes it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm willing to bet it will fix it (albeit temporarily).

alq80
06-08-11, 09:34 PM
Ive been having the clicks and the car has been in the dealer thrice. GM said there is no fix (effin lies) but I am leaving the country tomorrow so my car is going with me. Bye warranty and z06, if you can ever write up a DIY, I will be in debt to you.

Good luck guys

zirotti
06-08-11, 09:47 PM
Anyone having these problems with an '11?

Trapspeed
06-19-11, 09:54 PM
Update: this is apparently a known issue especially with early '09 builds. There are special washers they need to install somewhere behind the rotor to fix this. The parts are on order and this should be done soon. As I was watching the service writer look for it in the system it popped up plain as day "Customer reports clicking when vehicle switches from "R" to "D". It's in there...just prod them.

EVIL_C5
06-20-11, 07:48 AM
Update: this is apparently a known issue especially with early '09 builds. There are special washers they need to install somewhere behind the rotor to fix this. The parts are on order and this should be done soon. As I was watching the service writer look for it in the system it popped up plain as day "Customer reports clicking when vehicle switches from "R" to "D". It's in there...just prod them.

we changed the diff fluid in mine, and checked to make sure everything was tight, and the tech showed me this bulletin, and said he had ordered the parts and we would try this next.....

Trapspeed
06-20-11, 09:52 PM
Yeah. My parts are in so I'll be dropping her off soon. While it's there I'll have the oil leak addressed, too. Little by little I'm getting her up to snuff.

RogersV
06-20-11, 10:03 PM
Yeah. My parts are in so I'll be dropping her off soon. While it's there I'll have the oil leak addressed, too. Little by little I'm getting her up to snuff.

Trapspeed: When you get your receipt please post the part numbers that were used.