: Pulley Data & Question

jpoole
06-02-11, 10:08 PM
Well, looking into a pulley and have read all over the board that 2.55 upper = 9.5 lower. Came accross a chart from Lingerfelter. Showing a 9.17 lower is the same as a 2.55 upper. Suppercharger speed at 6500 rpm for 2.55 or 9.17 is 19900 (18% overdriven) and their 9.55 lower had 20700 (23% overdriven). I have been looking for a 9.5 lower kit, but am now looking at the 2.55 upper or 9.17 lower.

Really want to do a solid bushing on top cause of the wear pictures I have seen. How hard is it to change the bushing and keep the stock 3" upper? Do you have to remove the snout and have it pressed in etc. to change the upper bushing? Lower looks easy enough with the right puller.

Anyone done the upper bushing, trying to figure out if it would make since just to change the upper and add busing or do the lower and add the bushing?

Thanks.

Domsz06
06-02-11, 10:24 PM
the upper requires a press.

the solid just requires removing the snout.

jpoole
06-02-11, 10:27 PM
OK, I get it. Thanks!

Domsz06
06-02-11, 10:30 PM
OK, I get it. Thanks!

I think (can't remember the thread and don't feel like searching) there have been people that pull the upper off with items in a garage.....

and then W4M sells (again I think) a upper that doesn't require pressing, but not sure how that works. Also you can buy a snout from one vendor or two that will sell you a snout and the upper so then you just interchange it and then you can totally do it in your garage.

shade
06-02-11, 10:39 PM
The vendors that have an upper snout ready to go want $1200 or some crazy BS like that

jpoole
06-02-11, 10:54 PM
Well, I would be very interested in a ported snout, 2.55 with solid bushing ready to bolt in with an interchange, but not at $1200 (that is ridicules). Any vendors out there doing this let me know with prices. I have a price from Jesse for what I really want to do (much more) that is fantastic, just can't get away from TX to get it done right now.

DrumStix
06-02-11, 10:54 PM
The "Bushing" or solid isolator can be changed just by removing CAI and 6 bolts front the front drive.

Many people agree that the best combination of upper and lower is 8.6/2.5. That is 22360 RPM at 6500. The 9.1/2.5 spins the stock blower harder. 23660 at 6500 RPM. That is getting up there but some still do it. There is a point where you begin to superheat the air and the blower efficiency starts to drop fall off fairly rapidly. The good thing is that for a little over $100 you can change the lower ring and slow it down a bit.

We have all of these combinations in stock should you choose to use us.

Domsz06
06-02-11, 11:01 PM
OP..........U live in tx. Why would u get a mail order tune that is avg when drive a excellent car? R u satisfied with average?

jpoole
06-02-11, 11:06 PM
The "Bushing" or solid isolator can be changed just by removing CAI and 6 bolts front the front drive.

Many people agree that the best combination of upper and lower is 8.6/2.5. That is 22360 RPM at 6500. The 9.1/2.5 spins the stock blower harder. 23660 at 6500 RPM. That is getting up there but some still do it. There is a point where you begin to superheat the air and the blower efficiency starts to drop fall off fairly rapidly. The good thing is that for a little over $100 you can change the lower ring and slow it down a bit.

We have all of these combinations in stock should you choose to use us.

Hi, do you port the assembly, install the 2.55, include a solid bushing and do interchange?. Also, what is your link? Thanks

OP..........U live in tx. Why would u get a mail order tune that is avg when drive a excellent car? R u satisfied with average?

Not sure I understand.

Domsz06
06-02-11, 11:09 PM
Hi, do you port the assembly, install the 2.55, include a solid bushing and do interchange?. Also, what is your link? Thanks

Not sure I understand.

Well with your mods u want to do u need a tune.

U live just n of Dallas lots of shops.

U could buy your parts from a forum vendor and have an instal local.

jpoole
06-02-11, 11:16 PM
I agree, I have a shop I like to use. True Street Motorsports here in Mckinney, TX. They are a good LSx shop here and highly recommend them. Just trying to get some part here on the site.

Domsz06
06-02-11, 11:44 PM
Well in that case pick your vendor. We all have our favorites............

DrumStix
06-03-11, 12:18 AM
I agree, I have a shop I like to use. True Street Motorsports here in Mckinney, TX. They are a good LSx shop here and highly recommend them. Just trying to get some part here on the site.

PM Returned.