: Hub caps

lincolncadillac
06-02-11, 06:53 PM
Does anyone on here have after market wire wheel covers on their Brougham? The car iam thinking of purchasing looks like it is missing at least one hubcap.
Plus i think it has the ones with the red center cap, which i dont want.

I looked on ebay and its like 44.00 each for the silver center caps.

I may have to try and track down a set from my local junk yards but how long that will take is anyones guess.

Will pre-85 deville wire wheel covers fit the brougham?

Man, these factory wheel covers are kind of expensive.

Just trying to customize on the cheap :)

sven914
06-02-11, 07:10 PM
Pretty much any rear wheel drive hubcap, made for a vehicle after 1968, will fit you rim. I personally don't like wire wheel hubcaps (they ain't fooling no one), so I use flat style caps and the oldest set I use is from '72.

cadillac kevin
06-02-11, 09:13 PM
I have the wire hubcaps on my caddy. I'm gonna upgrade to mid 80's lesabre wire hubcaps (since they at least have the spokes set far in like a real wire rim).

brougham
06-03-11, 11:25 AM
Look around they can be had cheap. I agree with sven. GM wire hubcaps look cheap. If I ever got a Brougham with them the first thing Id do is get a set of the tin hubcaps for it.

lincolncadillac
06-03-11, 08:00 PM
Look around they can be had cheap. I agree with sven. GM wire hubcaps look cheap. If I ever got a Brougham with them the first thing Id do is get a set of the tin hubcaps for it.

You guys are right, i decided i will take off the wire hubs and go with a disc type hub. Thanks

DouglasJRizzo
06-04-11, 07:57 PM
I was never a fan of wires. I'm looking at a 76 CDV that is chock full of options but those wires have to go. I personally prefer the standard disc or the optional turbine vane covers from 74 on...