: Leather creases?

Mha
06-02-11, 12:33 PM
Any one know a way to fix or cover up leather creases? SEM makes a paint but I fony know wich color to get. Any help?

Mha
06-02-11, 12:38 PM
pics

hcvone
06-02-11, 04:21 PM
I am pretty sure the side bolsters are vinyl and the center section is leather, if you keep the seats clean and conditioned it will help, get a good leather cleaner and a good leather conditioner, there is not one product the does both well. This happens to all my gm trucks and my corvettes, but NOT to my other cars and trucks, strange.

mattys_ext
06-03-11, 07:25 AM
Look for a leather conditioner to help keep it moisturized. Check out AutoGlym. They make good stuff. Visit Autopia and theres a ton of detailing info on it.

skierjp
06-03-11, 11:37 AM
I read somewhere that you are wasting your money on leather conditioner. The leather used on car seats is sealed and won't absorb any conditoners ???

GM's leather seems cheap in comparison to other car makers. My Corvettes do the same thing

hannity
06-03-11, 06:38 PM
I read somewhere that you are wasting your money on leather conditioner. The leather used on car seats is sealed and won't absorb any conditoners ???

GM's leather seems cheap in comparison to other car makers. My Corvettes do the same thing

That is what I have seen on the internet as well. Out of all the car maufacturers GM uses the cheapest materials and processes to build their vehicles. My Platinum doesn't have any creases (yet) I'm thankful of that. I use Mothers Leather Conditioning products on my truck. I heard that it works great even on old leather, so leather a few years old with creases shoud be no problem.

uptown
06-09-11, 02:28 PM
Mine is an 07 and my seats look the same way. I have been using cleaner / conditioner for a while now with no noticeable results.

DancingPaul
06-10-11, 12:15 PM
this has happened to every GM car (including both Escalades) I've had

MrHolland
06-10-11, 07:20 PM
That is what I have seen on the internet as well. Out of all the car maufacturers GM uses the cheapest materials and processes to build their vehicles. My Platinum doesn't have any creases (yet) I'm thankful of that. I use Mothers Leather Conditioning products on my truck. I heard that it works great even on old leather, so leather a few years old with creases shoud be no problem.
I think I read in the manual that you shouldnt put any type of conditioner on the leather in a Platinum, maybe I should go back and read it again though. I thought it said the Platinum leather is different from the other versions and should only be wiped down with a damp cloth when needed.

mattys_ext
06-11-11, 02:40 PM
Dont drag your ass out of the truck and it helps to prevent abnormal wear in leather. Thats why theres a running board.

pleeson
06-11-11, 04:21 PM
Though I have no personal experience, "Leatherique" gets good reviews.
They make a leather dye in black or can color match.
Pricey...

evois
06-11-11, 06:18 PM
I have zymol leather cleaner and protectant. it used to be available in target but not anymore. you have to buy it online. gm has a leather and vinyl cleaner but thats it, no protectant.

brooklynallstar
08-14-11, 05:11 PM
There's leather restoration where they do sanding. It gets rid of the creases. It feels gritty right after they do it. I'm guessing because it prob dries out. I had it done in Florida on a Navigator twice and it works. Ii found a guy in the Va Beach area that does it at the local Cadillac dealer. Google Dr. Vinyl. Eventually the creases do come back but it is worth it.