: What's the best way to get rid of paint chips on black paint?

durrk johnson
06-01-11, 10:57 PM
I have a couple of fresh chips just above my rocker trim on the sides and one on my hood that is just starting to rust and I dont want it to get worse.

What is teh best way to take care of these chips? A coupl of them are kinda big, lik ethe size of half a quarter, right above the trim. They were primer color and just started to turn brown. :/

csbuckn
06-01-11, 11:00 PM
How's the car treating you?
Temporarily, touch up paint. For good, repaint.

Barrister_07101
06-02-11, 12:20 AM
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and yes I agree touch up paint is best. I use the GM matched paint with the pin top applicator. Its really great in that it allows you to essentially fill in the chip. It also has a brush applicator for larger areas. I haven't tried Dr. Paint Chip which looks good in the back of the Motor Trend mag. LOL I've been taking time to clean the Black Beauty up, including repainting the vinyl roof trim where the paint was wearing off.

durrk johnson
06-02-11, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!

csbuckn: The car was treating me like crap for a while, my year old exhaust shit onj mye twice and I had to get 2 new muflers because the bracket that holds them up broke off and they blew. Some type of design flaw apparently.

I have my passenger window that still needs to get fixed, (broken motor and broken rollers)

My drums are shot, and there is a leak somewhere in my new suspension because my car randomly turns on the air compressor when its off.

Other than that, it drives great, and I washed and waxed it yesterday with ICE by turtle. Looks great, just has some probs i need to fix. Lack of money has kept that alive. haha

I also need to get that bumbper trim piece from the fleetwood guy, but ive ben super broke lately, with rent an all. ha

csbuckn
06-02-11, 09:37 PM
As long as its running. You had some nice exhaust on there too, right?