: Rear noise every start up !

Abdullah89
06-01-11, 10:38 PM
Hello ,

My escalade 07 is making a really annoying noise from the left rear side every time I start the engine , it last for about 4 to 5 seconds , I've told that it is a hydraulic issue ( compressor ) . someone told me it is just a gap on the piston of the compressor , and no need to be replaced and cannot be fixed !!

any ideas ? pleaaase :crying:

hcvone
06-02-11, 05:18 PM
The air compressor can run for a few seconds at start up, the noise is just the system coming to pressure, should not really come on every time you start unless you are parking on an angle, this will cause the pump to run each time

Abdullah89
06-02-11, 09:07 PM
The air compressor can run for a few seconds at start up, the noise is just the system coming to pressure, should not really come on every time you start unless you are parking on an angle, this will cause the pump to run each time

Thank you for your post ,

It is really coming up at ( EVERY ) start up , even if i shut down and start at the same time , does this sound like I will have to replace the compressor ?

and for the sound , I know that it should make a noise , but mine does not sound like it is normal , I've saw many other Escalades that do not sound like mine . . .

any ideas ?

thanx in advance

LeftLane
06-03-11, 12:00 PM
might have a leak in the system.
1) leaking air from the rear air shock or shocks
2) leaking air from a air line
3) leaking air from the compressor.
Get a squirt bottle with water and liquid dishwasher detergent mixed and spray the shocks,lines and compressor and look for foaming bubbles. They like to leak air around the band on the air shock lower bladder.

Abdullah89
06-03-11, 11:31 PM
might have a leak in the system.
1) leaking air from the rear air shock or shocks
2) leaking air from a air line
3) leaking air from the compressor.
Get a squirt bottle with water and liquid dishwasher detergent mixed and spray the shocks,lines and compressor and look for foaming bubbles. They like to leak air around the band on the air shock lower bladder.

Thankx for ur replay ,
do I have to spray both right and left shocks ?
and do I have to get the car back jacks ??

thank you