: Dealer says I need to replace front right strut....$750 for one!!!!

bthomas31
06-01-11, 09:30 PM
I just left the dealer where they told me I need to replace my right front strut for my 2007 AWD Escalade. They said they could visually see that it had failed and I have lost hydraulic fluid.

They informed me that the part alone "strut" would cost $500!

I am trying to find alternatives, however I am seeing air shocks, non air shocks, magnetic ride shocks, etc. I have no clue what I should be looking for and I was hoping that some of you experts could help me out!

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

bthomas31
06-01-11, 10:27 PM
Bump

bthomas31
06-04-11, 11:10 PM
Any takers out there?

darkknight1999
06-05-11, 11:06 PM
I would ask the dealer which your truck has. ;) it should say on the the dealer quote... And if it's lists just the part number... Then google the part number ;)

bthomas31
06-06-11, 10:45 PM
Thanks Darkknight, but they didn't give me a description of the strut. I did ask the service manager about the shock and his response was not clear. Keep in mind that this was a Chevrolet dealer, I am thinking of taking it to my local Cadillac dealer for a second opinion.

Do the AWD 2007's come with standard struts or are there options?

Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-11, 11:50 AM
Bthomas31,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I will look into your strut question. In the meantime, I would advise you to visit your local Cadillac dealership to confirm if they have the same resolution as your Chevrolet dealership.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

chris12
06-09-11, 11:56 PM
I brought my 07 esv to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they told me that I also had a leak at my right front strut. They recommended that I replace the struts as a pair and told me it would cost $1300 with an alignment. For the record my esv has 39k miles on it and was just out of warranty as it was purchased nov. 2006.

I read that this is a very common problem on gm suv's with air ride.

I had several prior issues with squeaks and such at the right front wheel, so I told the dealer that I felt the problem existed before my warranty expired and asked them to fix it free of charge. They refused.

I then contacted jeff Morris with Cadillac customer service through this site and filed a complaint with gm. 5 phone calls with gm later they ask me to bring my car back to the dealer today. The dealer said gm will treat this case as if I had an extended warranty and replace the struts for a $100 deductible.

2007XTSDub
06-10-11, 12:30 AM
Good for you glad it worked out for you.

Sent from Android.

jeanethics
06-10-11, 02:28 AM
Thats great ! Did you hear any particular noises to know u needed new struts.?
I have a funny knocking noise it feels like front driver side i can almost say i feel it under me..

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-11, 11:47 AM
jeanethics,

Have you spoken to your local dealership about the knocking noise you are experiencing?

Thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-11, 11:56 AM
Chris12,

I am glad to hear that everything worked out. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Thank you

pleeson
06-11-11, 05:41 PM
For out of warranty/DIY'ers, look at Arnott, inc.

They sell a Bilstein replacement set for $429, both sides

jeanethics
06-12-11, 01:56 AM
Well i called but I am out of warranty, So i gotta make and appointment and pay labor charges.. they say be ready to pay up 500 bucks.. lol.. Right..
I am just upset with my dealer so i don't really want to deal with them..
They wont honor repair power step they repaired under warranty multiple times and its still don't work they never replace no parts just reset the computer overtime. so now that my warranty is up the say order parts and labor... bring it in...

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-11, 12:29 PM
Jeanethics,

I can understand your frustrations. I would like to look into this for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your name, address, phone number? I will also need your VIN and mileage. You can e-mail me at socialmedia@gm.com. Please put ATTN Elizabeth in the subject line.

Thank you

bthomas22
06-17-11, 12:48 AM
Pleeson,

What is your experience with the Arnott Shocks? I have been watching a set on Ebay. I am concerned that I will lose the "Cadillac" ride if I go with an aftermarket shock vs. OEM.

Any others with the ride comparison of the Arnott vs. OEM?

Thanks

jeanethics
06-18-11, 03:07 AM
Cadillac Cust Svc (Elizabeth)
Info sent, Thanks again..

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-20-11, 12:49 PM
jeanethics,

You’re welcome! I am happy to help.

Thank you