: Squeak Noise

Braknglases07
06-01-11, 04:50 PM
When I first take off going very slow there is this squeak noise i dunno if its in the driveline or a wheel but it only happens when i go very slow and doesnt do it continuous.. Any ideas? drive shaft maybe?

Also when i go over speed bumps there is a noise coming from drivers front sounds like something is loose

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-11, 06:03 PM
When I first take off going very slow there is this squeak noise i dunno if its in the driveline or a wheel but it only happens when i go very slow and doesnt do it continuous.. Any ideas? drive shaft maybe?

Also when i go over speed bumps there is a noise coming from drivers front sounds like something is loose

Braknglases07,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you spoken with your dealership to confirm the issue?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

bthomas31
06-01-11, 09:34 PM
That sounds like the same issue I am having. The dealer told me I needed a new front right strut. They want $750 for the one, I am currently looking for alternatives. Ebay, after market, etc.

hannity
06-02-11, 05:23 AM
Something squeaks in the front end of my ride whenever the road has dips or coming down depressions in the road at a decent speed. I was told by 2 service departments that it is normal. I'm wondering if it is a strut. I'm also wondering are they waiting for the warranty to run out so they can stick me with the cost or do they just not want to be bothered.

halfnoon2002
06-02-11, 04:13 PM
I had the same issue with my 07. After replacing the control arm and swaybar and bushings...it turned out to be a bad strut

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-02-11, 04:58 PM
hannity,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue with your vehicle as well. Have you spoken to any other service departments about this issue. If not, please let me know. I would like to look into this for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Braknglases07
06-04-11, 04:33 PM
I have already replaced both my front shocks 12 miles ago.. there is a squeek noise when i put the truck in reverse and back up it sounds like something needs to be lubed up i sprayed some gm lubricant on all the u joints and still nothing

j_d_iii
06-06-11, 11:56 PM
I know thi may sound crazy, but check your hubcaps to see if thy are loose. I thought it was bad brakes. Paid for brakes and it came back. Turns out...loose hub caps.:helpless:

Braknglases07
06-13-11, 09:52 PM
yeah i know the infamous hub cap issue.. all caps are tight it sounds like its coming from the drive shaft. truck has 83000 and I dont want to get raped by the dealers