: Eibach Springs Review on EXT

icejava
05-31-11, 10:09 PM
I just lowered my 08 EXT with Eibach 2/3 Springs. Overall, I'm little bit disappointed. It looks like only 1.5/2 drop. Its suppose to settle another 1/2". I love the handling though. Much more solid turns, tighter ride. No problems with auto ride shocks.

Here's the before/after shots.
http://www.nextgenerasian.com/escalade/lowered/

NOTE: Its sitting on 24" Replicas with 305/35R24.

2007XTSDub
06-01-11, 09:23 AM
Looks good

Sent from Android.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-01-11, 09:43 AM
Looks good

Sent from Android.

Second that!

k-shawn
06-01-11, 09:48 AM
Did you have to use a drop spindles kit for the front?. Looks good!!!!!!!!.

icejava
06-01-11, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys! I still think it should be another inch lower in the rear. Its all springs. No spindle kit. I paid around $300 for the kit... out the door with install and alignment was ~$900. Getting the alignment done tomorrow. I"ll remeasure to see if it settled anymore.

I know others on the forum lowered the rear more than 2-3". I think it was Match-n-toyz. Wonder how he got away with it with the auto-ride shocks.

I'm thinking of replacing the rear springs with something that will give me 3-4".

icejava
06-01-11, 11:54 AM
Forgot to mention. With Stock Height, my 24s (offset 30) were rubbing when I was full turn in reverse only. It rubbed on the articulating rails. After being lowered there is no more rubbing.

d_v_o_1
06-01-11, 12:55 PM
Looks great! I have been researching this topic to death, so I am glad you did this review. Im glad to hear the springs themselves worked without a hiccup as opposed to spindles. Question for you icejava.....how would guess 305/30/26's would work with that drop kit?

icejava
06-01-11, 01:40 PM
So I'm running 305/35R24. Comparing that with 305/30R26. Looks like the 26s are 0.80" taller. So 0.40" closer to the wheel wells on both sides. Assuming you have the same offset of 30mm on 26x10. I would say the front will rub in a FULL TURN in both reverse and forward. I'm guessing it will rub on the Articulating Running Boards.

Personally, I would NOT recommend the Eibach Springs. Find springs that will get you 3-4" in the rear with 2" in the front. From reading previous post, looks like Matchn_toyz used rear shock extenders to lower 4" in the rear.

fivepix
06-01-11, 03:25 PM
@icejava I think it looks good. Do you have a picture of the entire truck profile? also, are you disappointed with the Eibach springs (Quality/ride etc..) or just the fact that they are not as low as you hoped?

I'm assuming these springs would work on my 07 Escalade (base)? I've been wanting to lower mine for a while but I'm going to wait until my warranty runs out. I'm not looking for the lowerider look I just want to tighten the gap so I think what you have is what I'm looking for.

icejava
06-02-11, 12:29 AM
I posted entire truck photos (before/after). Sorry for the angle. My driveway is very narrow.

LOWERING: Front is good. Rear didn't measure up to specs. The disappointment is purely on the advertised lowering specs of 2/3, which didn't measure up... as you can see from the photos.

QUALITY: Seems solid. Nice heavy duty feel.

RIDE: Now here's where they SHINE. I have to admit, I didn't really like the "slushy" feel of the stock springs. Thats why I didn't go with drop spindles. With the new Eibach Springs, the ride feels TIGHT and almost like I can take 90deg corners at 50mph. Its exactly what I wanted.

k-shawn
06-02-11, 07:47 AM
Did you have too adjust your torsion bars in addition too installing your front springs?. Once again......full size pics are hot.

Mha
06-02-11, 09:35 AM
I was talking to a friend about this the other day, about how the rear is higher then the front. He works at a car dealership and the shop guy there had just got an 04 escalade wich have the same front lower than the back and he said that he was able to level it out by simple.adjustments. If it can be leveled that eazy it can probably be lowered the same with out any kits. Maybe not as much as some would like but i would think it would be cheaper and you could keep it stock for the ones who do like it. Sorry I dont have any more info on how he did it, wish I did know

d_v_o_1
06-02-11, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to find some of these more popular kits???

k-shawn
06-02-11, 09:58 PM
Tirerack is one place too check.

icejava
06-02-11, 10:47 PM
Did you have too adjust your torsion bars in addition too installing your front springs?. Once again......full size pics are hot.

Torsion bars were not touched. Should they be adjusted?

k-shawn
06-03-11, 10:54 PM
I was on Tire Rack looking at the H&R springs for the Escalade, & this is what I read:Front and Rear Fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Note: Avg low N/A for front and
2.0"R. On these vehicles you must adjust the front torsion bars for lowering. For V8 models w/ self- leveling suspension.

k-shawn
06-07-11, 07:47 AM
I might go this route, & not get the spindle kit for my escalade. Could put that money towards my 24inch oem wheels.

icejava
06-08-11, 12:17 PM
I need to take back my disappointing review of Eibach Springs!!! I had a custom car shop (Car Nutz) install my springs in my area. Anyways, I decided out of the blue to verify the Eibach Part Number that was installed. SURE ENOUGH! The shop installed the WRONG SPRINGS for the REAR!! It was 2" springs for a Base Escalade. Anyways, I'm in "discussions" with Car Nutz to fix the problem. Which they are not admitting to.

So the pictures I posted are BASE Escalade 2"/2" Eibach Springs on a EXT. I'll repost pics once I get the 3" EXT rear springs installed. Which looks like I might be doing it myself.

Lesson Learned. ALWAYS VERIFY PART NUMBERS!

icejava
06-08-11, 05:47 PM
I was on Tire Rack looking at the H&R springs for the Escalade, & this is what I read:Front and Rear Fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Note: Avg low N/A for front and
2.0"R. On these vehicles you must adjust the front torsion bars for lowering. For V8 models w/ self- leveling suspension.

Eibach only includes Torsion Keys with 2000-2006 Front Lowering Kits.

icejava
06-19-11, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the delay. After long ordeal with the custom shop (CNC aka Car Nutz), I ended up fixing their mistake myself. Anyways, I installed the CORRECT 3" Eibach Springs in the rear of the EXT. I updated the pics. The front has settle little bit more.

Finalized Pictures of Eibach Pro Kit 2/3 for EXT

k-shawn
06-20-11, 06:11 PM
Sorry for the delay. After long ordeal with the custom shop (CNC aka Car Nutz), I ended up fixing their mistake myself. Anyways, I installed the CORRECT 3" Eibach Springs in the rear of the EXT. I updated the pics. The front has settle little bit more.

Finalized Pictures of Eibach Pro Kit 2/3 for EXT

Hey Icejava......can you provide the part # for the correct suspension with autoride.

icejava
06-21-11, 01:27 AM
The Eibach Pro Kit that I installed is 38154.540 which is 2" Front / 3" Rear. This kit is for EXT and ESV.

If you look at the pics. The rear is really only approx 2.50". it wont settle anymore because the autoride is holding it up 0.5. I've tested this by releasing the air out of the shocks. I'm currently talking with eibach tech about this issue.

escaladeext1010
06-22-11, 10:26 AM
Could you please let me know where you purchased your 24 inch replica's? website? thanks.

icejava
06-22-11, 10:51 AM
Could you please let me know where you purchased your 24 inch replica's? website? thanks.

Here's a review I posted.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/179396-24-replica-wheels-2.html

I purchased from these guys. I would highly recommend.
http://www.cpwinc.com/

escaladeext1010
06-22-11, 11:19 AM
Thanks. I appreciate the info