: 2011 rear camera and cruise control problems

Ebruner
05-31-11, 11:07 PM
All of a sudden my 2011 Escalade started getting no video on the reverse camera, just a service vision system error AND it blows the fuse every time I use the cruise control. It blew 3, one after the other. Anyone else see this??

-Eddie

mattys_ext
05-31-11, 11:57 PM
take it to the dealer. its for sure under warranty.

Ebruner
06-01-11, 12:09 AM
It's going in to the dealer tomorrow morning. I am only asking to see if either is a known problem. I had an 07 Tahoe before this 11 Escalade and had zero problems in 90k miles.

-Eddie

mattys_ext
06-01-11, 07:57 AM
my 2010 has been giving me issues. not exactly like yours but it sometimes just goes black. no error code.

fivepix
06-01-11, 10:10 AM
It's going in to the dealer tomorrow morning. I am only asking to see if either is a known problem. I had an 07 Tahoe before this 11 Escalade and had zero problems in 90k miles.

-Eddie

Similar issue with the camera but not the blown fuse. Dealer replaced the faulty camera.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-11, 12:48 PM
Ebrunner,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your vehicle. Please let me know if the dealership fixes this issue.

Fivepix,

Glad to hear you got your issue fixed. Has the issue happened since you got it fixed?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

skierjp
06-03-11, 12:55 PM
Why would the back up camera be different in my 2011 Escalade compared to the dealer demo CTS I drove the other day. The Escalade camera dosen't have the back up guide lines and the CTS does. Is there a upgrade avaliable? The camera in the Escalade is almost useless unless you're backing straight up to a trailer.
Everytime I drive my Escalade I get more and more dissapointed when compared to other manufactures.
HOLY SMOKE not even a filter for the cabin air. The recycle button is a joke. 80K give me a break. I'll bet anything the Ford Expedition has a filter, and the seats fold flat in the floor. And a key pad so I don't have to carry this freakin key around with me. Why couldn't it be push button start like my Corvette......,

Ebruner
06-03-11, 09:35 PM
On Wendsday the dealer suposedly found a short in a climate model causing the problem and replaced. It started blowing fuses again on Friday, and the camera quit again. I called, and they want it back on Monday. Thus sucks, 2011 with 10k miles.

-Eddie

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-11, 11:07 AM
Ebruner,

Please let me know if the dealership fixes this issue. If this issue happens again after you have taken it back to the dealership please let me know. I would like to look into this further for you so you can get your issue resolved correctly.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Ebruner
06-06-11, 04:27 PM
They still have my vehicle, they told me today it has an electrical short somewhere on the passenger side, but they cannot locate. I told them I did not want it back until it was repaired once and for all.

-Eddie

Try2holdmywheel
06-21-11, 11:10 PM
Please give an update to this thread. I've got an 07 Escalade ESV w/70000mi that is having the same exact problem. I've replaced 3 fuses in the last week and a half. Mine isn't under warrenty so I'd really like to hear what your rigs problem is/was. I have no problems attempting to fix it myself. That, and I have no trust in car dealerships. I stay out of those places at all costs.

Thanks,
David