: horn difficulties

eldoedwardo
05-31-11, 07:10 PM
hey guys ,hope you all had a great memorial day..my problem today is I was playing with my air horns too much and blew a safety (fuse,relay, button) conection. I put in a new relay in the six pack under the spash guard,still did not work, jumped horn leads(i used an old wiring harness plug and connected it to the horn wiring) an the horn assembly works, so its some where between the horn button and the horn connection. The local parts houses claim there is no other relays or fuses to the horn. Does anyone have an idea what I can check next?Could I have melted the spring or lead in the steering wheel? Good grief I hope not..Thanks for your help.......Ed

mhamilton
06-01-11, 06:30 PM
It's possible the contact wiper for the steering wheel button is burned. Easy way to check, pull out your horn relay and probe the solenoid terminals for +12v and ground when the button is pressed. I'm not sure if the BCM has direct control of the horn button, or just for use with the security system. Need to see a schematic.

eldoedwardo
06-03-11, 03:39 PM
thanks for the idea.. i did just found out the lights still flash when security is breached but the horn is not responsive