: New emblems

Fireverm
05-31-11, 08:04 PM
Anybody have a good source for new emblems, especially just the crests? I called Cadillac and they want 50 bucks for the front crest and 42 for the rear.

I'm thinking I want to try and see if I can get the crests smoked instead of totally blacked out like I have now.

JOEYCTS-V
05-31-11, 08:42 PM
Did you try looking on ebay? They should have a ton of them.

ChicagoV
05-31-11, 08:47 PM
Leave those crests and wreaths alone... Just my opinion. I was going to mention that when you posted the pics, but it was done. If you are going back in, leave them alone and fly the colors.

Fireverm
06-01-11, 12:40 AM
Leave those crests and wreaths alone... Just my opinion. I was going to mention that when you posted the pics, but it was done. If you are going back in, leave them alone and fly the colors.

The reason I blacked them out originally was that I have seen plenty of pics where they leave the crest alone and I don't like the look of the contrast between the all black and that splotch of color. I don't even like when they don't smoke the headlamps.

As far as eBay, are there any size differences in the crests on a V2 CTS-V over a V1, or for that matter over a stock CTS?

baabootoo
06-01-11, 01:55 AM
Yep, E-Bay does have them. I've been looking lately and they have all sizes, colors, and styles. I'm getting a few for my trailer too!

Domsz06
06-01-11, 08:54 AM
you realize how the crests are attached to the front and rear right? Just measure and then order... Wouldn't think that would be too hard. How are the crests "sized" on ebay?

Fireverm
06-01-11, 10:13 AM
you realize how the crests are attached to the front and rear right? Just measure and then order... Wouldn't think that would be too hard. How are the crests "sized" on ebay?

Take it easy bro, I was just asking.

After reading that tip it was late for me and I was going to bed and just quickly checked eBay and noticed that there were very few V2 emblems for sale, but a ton for the V1s. Also, most of the auctions only said what car they are for and didn't give the actual dimensions. So measuring my V only does so much since I don't have a V1 or standard CTS to measure as well.

A quick search of the forums before I started this thread didn't come up with anything useful so I guess I naively thought I could ask around and get polite responses.

Domsz06
06-01-11, 10:15 AM
Take it easy bro, I was just asking.

After reading that tip it was late for me and I was going to bed and just quickly checked eBay and noticed that there were very few V2 emblems for sale, but a ton for the V1s. Also, most of the auctions only said what car they are for and didn't give the actual dimensions. So measuring my V only does so much since I don't have a V1 or standard CTS to measure as well.

A quick search of the forums before I started this thread didn't come up with anything useful so I guess I naively thought I could ask around and get polite responses.

not getting worked up,was simply asking if you knew. I was gonna help you look, but I don't have a car here to measure as my car is in the shop. that's all. No harm meant.