: Auto Door Lock...is it possible?

fsunoles
05-31-11, 02:27 PM
Hi
I have a 2010 SRX, Luxury Trim and would like to know is it possible for all doors to automatically lock once you exit the car? Is it possible to set it so that the horn honks or the lights to blink to assure me that the car has auto locked itself?

Thanks
Ruth

Smokin' SRX
05-31-11, 03:19 PM
Welcome !! Not with a Luxury model. Only the Premium had Keyless Access available in 2010. I have to press my remote fob, each time I want to lock/unlock. I can Configure it to blow horn/flash lites upon locking....... sorry.

SS

fsunoles
05-31-11, 03:25 PM
Drat! Well thanks anyway for the reply.

frankrizzo135
05-31-11, 07:22 PM
This is not ROCKET SCIENCE, whether you leave one,two or whatever fobs in the car and your doors lock in the CAR WASH !!!! Just take the key part of it off and put that in your pocket. It will always open the door. Problem SOLVED.

Smokin' SRX
05-31-11, 08:20 PM
LMAO! Very good frank! The simplest solution is the best!!

I actually got an entire 3rd remote a while back (see my thread: (Lost remote nightmare) I almost was stranded at a way off restaurant when the fob fell off the key! (It ain't hard to happen) So now I have a hide-a-key hidden on the car, separated from the electronic part, with the electronic part hidden inside the car! The key alone won't start her.............

SS

PS...........fob with key is available from Rippy,Luke (both members here) and I think we even have an advertiser somewhere on the Forum site.............

cvettr/cts-v
06-02-11, 04:33 PM
This is not ROCKET SCIENCE, whether you leave one,two or whatever fobs in the car and your doors lock in the CAR WASH !!!! Just take the key part of it off and put that in your pocket. It will always open the door. Problem SOLVED.

Good advise can't believe that did not occur to me before you had to point it out.