: I need GM disc p/n 20774148

ashkanani
05-31-11, 12:47 PM
Hi all

I need the GM disc p/n 20774148 for my 07' Escalade navigation system .

any one can help me with it .

RippyPartsDept
05-31-11, 01:09 PM
that part number isn't really coming up with many results...

you can get the current part number by going to http://gmnavdisc.com and looking it up for your car
(it will cost $200 there but you'll have the newest one direct from the only legit source of new map discs)

or you can try ebay (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A4726&rt=nc&_nkw=escalade+nav+map&_dmpt=Car_Audio_Video&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1) for used map discs on the cheap and new discs of questionable source

ashkanani
05-31-11, 11:25 PM
I have tried in both ebay & GM nav disc ,I did not find it ,My problem its the same as check the Link (http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1a2i7-just-finished-installing-factory-navigation-dvd-unit.html)
also in cadillac forums its been post in the following link

Access "limit features while driving" tab from NAV (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/150698-access-limit-features-while-driving-tab.html)

SO CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH IT ,I'll pay for a copy or a Genuine disc . pleas help I need to active my nav system .

B.R.

RippyPartsDept
06-01-11, 09:41 AM
let's back up for a minute here...

why do you want this nav disc with this specific part number?

the current disc is #20945286

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9821/gmnavdisc.jpg

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-11, 02:41 PM
Hi all

I need the GM disc p/n 20774148 for my 07' Escalade navigation system .

any one can help me with it .

ashkanani,

I did not pull up that part number from the Nav Disc website. I did do a search for your vehicle and I found one disc available. Here is the link: http://www.gmnavdisc.com/disc-search.asp?lang=en&make=CAD&model=ESCA&year=2007

Did your local dealership tell you that part #20774148 was the one you needed?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

ashkanani
06-01-11, 03:47 PM
dear Elizabeth

yes I need that one so badly so I can active the Navigation system first then I use the upgrade disc so it will work fine with me ,
my problem is if I put any map disc in my nav system it show me " MAP DVD Read Error " or nothing I tried several DVD'S but nothing , the dealership tell me that GM disc pn 20774148 is needed to flash or to set the nav system on the " set the original disc " then I put the disc to set the system , in the last I can use the navigation to run with any map disc for the escalade .

as they say its the gm navigation service disc

so pleas help .

baleman
06-01-11, 04:42 PM
Interesting, does not sound like issue with the disk, but the nav unit itself.

RippyPartsDept
06-01-11, 04:48 PM
Why doesn't the dealership just take care of this for you? I don't think it's something that you can do on your own...

although you can order that disc (apparently free of cost) from the nav disc center

ashkanani
06-01-11, 05:05 PM
The reason is that we do not have an dealership ,We have a distributor , this is the reason why they don't have all the required Equipment to do the job , about my Unit , the original one its been broken Unrepairable so I did buy one from Ebay , When installed I programmed on my VIN to unlock the anti-thief , but the nav is not work , this is my story with my unit , so any one have the gm navigation service disc , if any one have a download like to it pleas post it to me , I need it badly
by the way the gmnavdisc do not shipped to my region , pleas help
B.R.

ashkanani
06-01-11, 05:10 PM
I need to download it as a image.ISO A.S.A.P. to active the navigation system .

pleas E-mail me with link , how has it
my E-mail
ashkanani1@yahoo.com

B.R. to all & thanks

RippyPartsDept
06-01-11, 05:21 PM
you will have to order one from the nav disc center
digital copies of these discs are 'technically' illegal

https://www.gmnavdisc.com/disc-search.asp?lang=en&make=CAD&model=ESCA&year=2007

try that link... it should look like the picture I posted earlier... that disc you want is listed and costs $0.00 !!

you can order directly from that website, or you can call them and order via the phone

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-11, 06:01 PM
dear Elizabeth

yes I need that one so badly so I can active the Navigation system first then I use the upgrade disc so it will work fine with me ,
my problem is if I put any map disc in my nav system it show me " MAP DVD Read Error " or nothing I tried several DVD'S but nothing , the dealership tell me that GM disc pn 20774148 is needed to flash or to set the nav system on the " set the original disc " then I put the disc to set the system , in the last I can use the navigation to run with any map disc for the escalade .

as they say its the gm navigation service disc

so pleas help .

I noticed you are from Kuwait. Unfortunately, I only have information regarding the United States. However, I am going to give you a phone number you should call to get some assistance. Here is the number: 9714-314-3408.

Thank you!

ashkanani
06-01-11, 11:43 PM
dear Elizabeth

thanks for Ur help , I already know this number I think its for the AL_Gandey Co. in UAE , any way I'll call them , may they have a some solution for me , I hope so , but if any one can or have the disc pleas I need it guys

also I like to thanks all of U to help me with my issue & for all the possible solutions that Uve post

so thanks

B.R. to all & thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-02-11, 04:50 PM
Ashkanani,

You’re welcome. I hope that number has helped you!

Thank you!

LucerneCXS
09-17-11, 12:38 PM
let's back up for a minute here...

why do you want this nav disc with this specific part number?

the current disc is #20945286

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9821/gmnavdisc.jpg

I have run into the same problem with my navigation system in my 07 Lucerne CXS. After doing the research I have found that my firmware version currently in the radio is a "100E", this disc in question (p/n 20774148) updates the radio to version 100F or greater and allegedly remedies the problems I am having. My immediate problem is since I am not a dealership, that disc is not available to me on the gmnavdisc website. Also, after inquiring with local Buick/Caddy dealerships they want to charge me $125.00 just to diagnose the problem...This I find ridiculous since I already gave them the solution...a FREE disc. Is there any other way I can get a hold of a copy of this disc without being a dealership. I even went as far as to call the navdisc number and they basically told me they can only send it to a dealership. If anyone could offer ANY help, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

-John

LucerneCXS
09-17-11, 02:37 PM
Just to be clear, my problems and the fix were documented in GM Technical Service Bulletin 08-08-44-013C as seen below:

#08-08-44-013C: Navigation Radio Intermittent Blank/Black Screen, Map Disc Read Errors, Features Not Accessible While Driving, Navigation Radio Resets Upon Startup (Update Navigation Radio Software) - (Mar 9, 2009)

Subject: Navigation Radio Intermittent Blank/Black Screen, Map Disc Read Errors, Features Not Accessible While Driving, Navigation Radio Resets Upon Startup (Update Navigation Radio Software)
Models: 2006-2008 Buick Lucerne
2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade Models
2007-2008 Chevrolet Equinox
2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Pontiac Torrent
2008 Saturn OUTLOOK, VUE
All Equipped with Navigation Radio (RPOs U3R, UZR, U3U, UVB)

Attention: This bulletin applies to vehicles sold in the U.S. and Canada only.
This bulletin is being revised to update models, model years and software calibration information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-44-013B (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Note: The software contained on this Service Update Disc (P/N 20774148) for 2009 MY has been revised. If the vehicle is a 2009 Model Year, refer to Service Bulletin #09-08-44-002.
Note: If the vehicle has a 2008 MY radio and the software version is 100M or higher (e.g. 100N) for the SuperNav navigation system (Escalades) or 100F or higher (e.g. 100G) for the BlackTie navigation systems (Lucerne, Enclave, Equinox, Acadia, Torrent, Outlook, and VUE), the improvements/corrections offered via update disc 20774148 are already installed and this update is not required. The screen will display the following message "The disc installed is not a MAP DVD" THIS IS NOT AN ERROR MESSAGE.
Condition

Customers may comment on any of the following conditions:
The Navigation Radio display intermittently goes blank or turns black/off after switching video sources. This most commonly occurs when the shift lever is transitioned from PARK to REVERSE to DRIVE (or vice versa). Other possibilities include switching to DVD movie or Rear AUX (if equipped).
The Navigation Radio screen may intermittently freeze, lock up or display "MAP DVD Read Error" messages.
Some features may not be accessible while driving. This includes scrolling lists, address book and navigation related entries (i.e. entering a destination).
The Navigation Radio, upon startup, will continue to display the vehicle logo repeatedly. This condition occurs when the vehicle language has been changed, using the Driver Information Center (DIC), in the previous ignition cycle.
Cause

These conditions may be caused by software anomalies.
Correction

Update the Navigation Radio software.
Do not replace the Navigation Radio.
Technicians are to update the Navigation Radio software using a software update disc, P/N 20774148. The software update disc is to be obtained from the GM Navigation Disc Center, using the contact information below. Follow one of the two procedures below as appropriate for the vehicle you are working on.
Navigation Radio Software Update For Cadillac Escalade Models 2007-2008
Note: If the radio has software calibration 100M (2008 MY radios or earlier) or higher (e.g. 100N, etc.), the software corrections contained on the update disc 20774148 are already installed and this update is not required. The screen will display the following message "The disc installed is not a MAP DVD" THIS IS NOT AN ERROR MESSAGE. To check the software version follow steps 1 and 2 below.
Important: For the condition regarding features not accessible while driving, this will only be addressed in 2007 and 2008 model year Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
Start the engine, with the gear shift in PARK, wait until the audio or navigation screen is displayed after the opening screen (you may have to press the OK button on the Caution screen).

Proceed to the FM audio screen and confirm the current navigation software version by pressing the CONFIG and SEEK UP buttons (1) simultaneously. If the screen switches, select FM to display the software version. Performing this operation may take a couple of attempts for the radio to detect the simultaneous button press. Refer to the illustration above which shows the two buttons that need to be pressed. The navigation software version is the first four characters, reading from the left, located in the middle of the screen.
If the navigation software version is 100M (2008 MY or earlier) or higher, the radio has the latest navigation software available and no update is necessary. However, if the string of letters across the screen are NON-ASCII letters, this indicates an internal communication problem with the RADIO. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point-Cellular, Entertainment, and Navigation procedure to begin the diagnosis of the customer concern. For all other navigation software versions proceed to step four to continue the software update.
Important: Do not turn off the power or remove the update disc while the software update is in progress.
Important: This software update procedure will erase the customer's Address and Destination entries from memory.
Eject the map disc from the top map DVD slot, callout (2) in the illustration above, if present. Load the software update disc, P/N 20774148, into the top map DVD slot.
The display will show "Update in Progress" and upon successful software upgrade, the screen will transition to a blue screen with "The disc installed is not a MAP DVD" displayed on the screen. It will take approximately five minutes to load the new software. Eject the software update disc from the top map DVD slot and retain at your dealership.
Confirm that the new navigation software version is 100M using the procedure in step two above.
Install the customer's original map disc, if it was present. If the customer concern was related to limitations while driving, confirm that the "Limit Features While Driving" feature is turned off by pressing the CONFIG button followed by the Radio tab and "Limit Features While Driving" tab. "Limit Features While Driving" should be unselected to match the customer's preference.
Verify proper operation of the Navigation Radio.
Navigation Radio Software Update For All Other Vehicles (2007-2008 Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent), (2008 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK, Saturn VUE, Buick Enclave) and (2006-2008 Buick Lucerne)
Note: : If the radio has software calibration 100F (2008 MY radios or earlier) or higher (e.g. 100G, etc.), the software corrections contained on the update disc 20774148 are already installed and this update is not required. The screen will display the following message "The disc installed is not a MAP DVD" THIS IS NOT AN ERROR MESSAGE. To check the software version follow step 1 and 2 below.
Start the engine, with the gear shift in PARK, wait until the audio or navigation screen is displayed after the opening screen (you may have to press the OK button on the Caution screen).

Proceed to the FM audio screen and confirm the current navigation software version by pressing the MENU and SEEK UP (1) buttons simultaneously. If the screen switches, select FM to display the software version. Performing this operation may take a couple of attempts for the radio to detect the simultaneous button press. Refer to the illustration above, which shows the two buttons that need to be pressed. The navigation software version is the first four characters, reading from the left, located in the middle of the screen.
If the navigation software version is 100F (2008 MY radios or earlier) or higher, the software corrections contained on the update disc 20774148 are already installed and this update is not required. However, if the string of letters across the screen are NON-ASCII letters, this indicates an internal communication problem with the RADIO. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point-Cellular, Entertainment, and Navigation procedure to begin the diagnosis of the customer concern. For all other navigation software versions proceed to step four to continue the software update.
Important: Do not turn off the power or remove the update disc while the software update is in progress.
Important: This software update procedure will erase the customer's Address and Destination entries from memory.

Open the front display by pressing and holding the EJECT (1) button for approximately 15 seconds. Eject the map disc from the revealed map DVD slot by pressing the EJECT (2) button located beneath the revealed map DVD slot. Load the software update disc, P/N 20774148, in map drive (3).
Close the front display by using both hands at the four corners of the display until the display fits securely into the radio. Do not push on the touch screen to close. The display will show "Update in Progress" and upon successful software update, the screen will transition to a blue screen with "The disc installed is not a MAP DVD" displayed on the screen. It will take approximately five minutes to load the new software.
Confirm that the new navigation software version is either 101B or 100F using the procedure in step two above.
Verify proper operation of the Navigation Radio.
Parts Information (S/W included on disc)

Part Number
Description
Qty
Navigation Radio Software Update Disc
Ver. 100M for SuperNav radios 08 MY or older
. 100F for BlackTie radios 08 MY or older
Navigation software update discs are for the dealer to update the Navigation Radio software only. They DO NOT update or replace the navigation map disc that is supplied with the vehicle. Please order these parts only as needed. There is a limited supply of these discs available. Do not order these discs for stock. Do not give the software update disc to the customer. Navigation software discs may be used to reprogram more than one vehicle. The first update disc for each P/N is free. Subsequent copies of the same P/N for the same dealer will cost $50 (USD). Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-44-012C for additional information on how to obtain AVN software update discs.
GM Navigation Disc Center Contact Information

Via the web through www.gmnavdisc.com
Via the telephone at 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472)
The GM Navigation Disc Center is also the center of expertise for navigation system questions.

RippyPartsDept
09-17-11, 03:25 PM
let's make sure i understand what you're saying...

you went to your dealer and said: 'here's this bulletin that i found that describes my exact situation'
they then said that they would still want to charge you a diagnostic fee?

if that's the case, call another dealer... eventually you will get one that says - 'ok we'll perform the bulletin and it will cost you $xxx'

LucerneCXS
09-17-11, 03:30 PM
Yes, that is what happened. I told them about the bulletin and about the problems I was having and the guy said...and I'll quote to the best of my memory: "Whoa whoa, let's not jump to conclusions about the bulletin. We'll have to do a diagnostic and maybe even have to hook it up to a laptop and download something from GM, and then maybe it will be the disc. If it is the disc we won't charge you for that just the diagnostic." And then I asked what the diagnostic would cost me and he replied with "$125.00". I just said thanks and hung up. I couldn't believe it. I gave them the solution and it will still be a diagnostic, awesome. it is a 5 minute install process and no technical skills are even required...put the disc in...wait...take the disc out. Oh well.

RippyPartsDept
09-17-11, 03:33 PM
i can see that they don't want to just jump into a situation based on a customer's own diagnosis and that's their right as a business to stick to their own policies for diagnostics

see if you can find another dealer who's willing to work with you - or maybe send an email to their service manager