05-31-11, 08:18 AM
I have a 72 deville water light came on but no overheating all fuilds full . this light has been on for like 4 days but only drove the car for hr or 2 two of those days. Well last nite she started to boil over out the reserve . My question is could it b the thermo,rad,or waterpump? and the temp light works but it never came on could there be any damage to the motor from this?
05-31-11, 08:55 AM
Your overheating problems probably comes from a dirty cooling system or clogged radiator: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/231238-72-deville-472-motor-water-light.html
If you shut the engine down right away, there should be no damage. The 472 is nearly indestructable. A minor overheating episode won't even register with it.
06-01-11, 08:23 AM
Thanks sent to mechanic to root cause drove it there like 15 miles drove a lil funny but hopefully its something simple.