: making brake pedal little harder? 1981

Adrian12
05-31-11, 03:49 AM
hi cadillac friends :)

i've a question. my brakes (front disc, rear drum) work fine.

but while braking i think for me the brake point (the point when brakes begin to work) is to low (i'Ve to push pedal about 2-3 cm)

is it possible to set the brake point a little harder or 1-2 cm?

2-3 is in stop and go annoing :P

thanks for all your help :)

Fleetwood70
05-31-11, 10:48 AM
If the pedal is too soft, your car probably has air in brake lines. You'll have to bleed the air from them following the correct procedure.

MoistCabbage
05-31-11, 12:01 PM
Could be that your pads are excessively worn.

Adrian12
05-31-11, 12:02 PM
rear first and then front?
but i did and brakes work fine and symetric. in my opinion pedal goes to low.....

sven914
05-31-11, 01:27 PM
Pedal travel on these cars is normal and the brake pedal will sink in a little before anything happens.

Adrian12
05-31-11, 01:42 PM
Pedal travel on these cars is normal and the brake pedal will sink in a little before anything happens.

yeah but is it possible to change this? go make the "travel" shorter?

I'm in austria in a city and there is stop and go very annoying with this pedal travel...

Adrian12
06-11-11, 04:09 PM
hi

problem solved. it was a big mistake on hardware installation and i didn't recognize it during installation.
i exchanged adjusting screw drivers and passengers side, so it didnt adjust itself automatically.

now i put them in on the correct side, adjusted the screw correctly and brake pedal is hard and travel is very good :)

no need to do some other "harder brake pedal" adjustment.

thanks a lot for all your ideas.

:)

keep on cruising

MoistCabbage
06-11-11, 05:29 PM
If you had posted that you had recently done brake work, you probably would have gotten an answer very quickly. Glad your problem is solved.