05-30-11, 03:24 PM
Ok, so it's 90oF and the car (low miles) has not been driven since October 2010. It is well maintained and stored in a conditioned shop. Took it out for a drive and everything was fine. About 15 miles into the drive, it decided to shut off. I was able to restart and continue along until I reached my destination 15 miles later. On my return trip two hours later, it did the same thing. Pulled over, restarted and resumed my trip back home without any further hiccups. I am thinking air in the fuel lines from sitting in a conditioned room (75oF) and going into an oven outside at 90oF. Any thoughts? Never had this problem before.
05-31-11, 10:38 AM
It has nothing to do with the range in temperatures.
It is likely a power supply issue. Start with the battery connections. They might be loose, or corroded. Remove, inspect, clean (water and baking soda), lube (with dilectric grease), and fasten tightly. If your bolts are bad, they are only a couple of bucks for new ones. They just pop out.
05-31-11, 11:05 AM
Great idea. I always had the battery tender on it. Could have loosened over time. I am going to clean and apply dielectric grease.
05-31-11, 12:44 PM
Good luck, and keep us posted!
05-31-11, 03:19 PM
I checked the terminals and they are in excellent shape. No rust or corrosion. They were not as tight as I would have liked them, so I removed and cleaned each terminal before re-applying dielectric grease. Will keep you all apprised.