: Jesda, have you ever considered an AllantÚ?

OffThaHorseCEO
05-30-11, 01:58 PM
I know youre selling Ducky, and i know you'll eventually end up getting another car. Dont know what youre asking for the Saab but this looks like a good opportunity.

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/cto/2410094548.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3m43lb5T65P25X4b5t41e66b6119d418ba.jpg

we're interested in trading for another convertible with 4 seats. We're open to various models, but we'd like to find something a little more uncommon than a Mustang or a Sebring. For example, a classic VW Beetle in great shape, Mini Cooper, Volvo C70, Jaguar XK (Series III), or a Jeep CJ. We'd also be interested in a V-6 Wrangler with lower mileage in fantastic shape.

the way i see it, Ducky is VERY uncommon, has 4 seats, is a convertible and is in great shape (from what ive seen at least).

important stats

- Its a 90.5 which is considered phase 2, no saggy visors. motorized top latches
- has the 4.5 which produces 200hp (phase 1 had 4.1, phase 3 N*)
- first year with traction control
- first year with airbag
- cd player standard
- phase 2 had more powerful bose system, 200 watt vs 100 watt for phase 1 and non bose for phase 3
- "only" 70,000 miles

now for some possible negatives

The radio does not work well.
the Bose amps eventually blow, this can be an easy expensive fix, or a moderately difficult cheap fix. Either buy rebuilt amps at about 100x4, or buy the kit for about 50 total and rebuild yourself, requires soldering (OR source the capacitors yourself for about 25 for all 4 corners, the kit is guaranteed to have the right caps though)

the AC does not blow cold Again, difficult cheap-ish, or easy expensive. Either have retrofitted to R134a which requires replacing alot of parts, or find someone who still has R12 and if theres a leak find it and stop it.

the drivers side door latch is weak EASY adjustment, allen wrenches and about 10 minutes of your time.

and there are a few rubber window gaskets that need replacing. Depending on which ones could be nothin or could be a hassle and expensive. some of these seals shrink over time and are not available anymore. some will make your car a leak fest other will just introduce a small bit of windnoise. Its a convertible anyway so windnoise is included free of charge

I also didnt see a mention of a hardtop, this can be good or bad, i love my hardtop in the winter, it keeps the car that much warmer, but its a pain to put on and take off and store

orconn
05-30-11, 02:17 PM
Doesn't exactly duplicate the driving fun of a Miata!

Don't think "Duckyy" is what these folks have in mind, but what the hay!

OffThaHorseCEO
05-30-11, 02:27 PM
Doesn't exactly duplicate the driving fun of a Miata!

Don't think "Duckyy" is what these folks have in mind, but what the hay!

i havent had a miata so i cant comment, but mine is pretty fun to me!
i take it you've had both and can compare?

you never know, like i said, all the criteria were met, convertible, not very common, 4 seater.

ga_etc
05-30-11, 02:31 PM
That could be interesting.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-30-11, 02:32 PM
They list a Volvo C70 so they're not against Swedish cars!

OffThaHorseCEO
05-30-11, 02:34 PM
That could be interesting.

yea youre in georgia anyway so not THAT far, plus jesda is a balla and travellin to NC would be nothin to him, like a BOSS

orconn
05-30-11, 03:10 PM
i havent had a miata so i cant comment, but mine is pretty fun to me!
i take it you've had both and can compare?

you never know, like i said, all the criteria were met, convertible, not very common, 4 seater.

I haven't owned either, but I have driven both over the years. The Allante is a boulevard cruiser like the Mercedes SLK, the Miata is much closer to being a sportscar and in my opinion a much more fun car to drive.

ga_etc
05-30-11, 05:36 PM
yea youre in georgia anyway so not THAT far, plus jesda is a balla and travellin to NC would be nothin to him, like a BOSS

It wouldn't bother me to jump in the car and take a ride. Especially if it's on someone else's dime.

jayoldschool
05-30-11, 05:39 PM
Imagine how desirable these things would be if they were RWD?

Night Wolf
05-30-11, 09:28 PM
Jesda no longer wants Ducky? I have been away for a while...

Playdrv4me
05-30-11, 10:40 PM
We've discussed Allantes at various times over the years and I don't THINK he wants something quite that complex and old at the same time. The Miata might be old, but it's infinitely simple and apparently (I have no clue) some kind of incredible experience to drive for what it is. Think this is what he is after.

Destroyer
05-30-11, 11:04 PM
Back in the early 90's I used to work for a used car dealer that had a known obsession for Allante's. He would always buy them to resell and he owned one himself. He really thought they were going to be BIG collectibles. Because of this, I drove many of them. They rattled, the radios looked funny and I generally didn't like them. I love convertibles but this was no SL Benz by any means. Just a typical Cadillac cheap imitation of something it's not. :thehand:

Playdrv4me
05-30-11, 11:20 PM
I of course do not buy modern cars for their investment value (and anyone who does has a couple of screws loose), but I do sometimes wonder if the XLR-V will become a pseudo collectible later on. Then I see the history of the Allante and how many times people have tried to give it a jumpstart into the collectible market only to see them flounder, and I realize even the XLR-V will probably follow the same path.

Modern cars just aren't investment grade pieces anymore... and this coming from someone who isn't even into classic cars.

Destroyer
05-30-11, 11:34 PM
I of course do not buy modern cars for their investment value (and anyone who does has a couple of screws loose), but I do sometimes wonder if the XLR-V will become a pseudo collectible later on. Then I see the history of the Allante and how many times people have tried to give it a jumpstart into the collectible market only to see them flounder, and I realize even the XLR-V will probably follow the same path.

Modern cars just aren't investment grade pieces anymore... and this coming from someone who isn't even into classic cars.The XLR is much nicer than the Allante. It's built on a Corvette chassis for starters. Then it also has the blown N* which is a strong motor and RWD. I think the XLR-V has a good shot at becoming "collectible" in the future but it is definitely not investment grade by a long shot for the foreseeable future. I would own one and if the right deal came along it would be hard to pass up. Oh and yes, I do think an XLR-V would be worth doing an H/G repair if need be. The Allante was another missed opportunity for Cadillac. Instead of building a better SL they simply made it more of a "gizmo" car. It had more fancy electronics and buttons than an SL but it didn't have that substantial feel and bulletproof ride that the SL had. The cheap hard plastics were everywhere and it was FWD (Cadillacs major mistake of the ages). The earlier ones with the 4.1 were the worst of the bunch.

Playdrv4me
05-30-11, 11:38 PM
Yep, the situation surrounding the Escalade aligned right when we got it, but given the declining prices of the XLR-V I would like to own one as a replacement for the 'Lade when that time comes, if the 'lade is replaced with something of similar value.

77CDV
05-31-11, 12:53 AM
I thought I might one day like an Allante. Until I saw the clusterf*ck that is the soft top. Now, not so much.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 01:25 AM
alot of people speak on allantes based on what they hear. leave it to the intarwebz and the top is the most ridiculous ever.

nevermind the fact that i can have my top up or down in 45 seconds, 30 if its getting ready to rain.

when the allante came out that gen SL was already 15 years old. most call it a mature platform, but if it was a cadillac, it would have been archaic. people bash the top for being a manual top, but the allante was supposed to be an italian inspired luxury sport roadster. the sl at the time didnt have an auto top. but thats ok because its mercedes.

my allante doesnt squeak or rattle, since i lubed the seals on both tops.

ryannel2003
05-31-11, 01:42 AM
I've driven several Allante's and while beautiful cars they aren't exactly the pinnacle of engineering. Those soft tops are a pain in the ass, and the interior is a mess of similar looking and feeling buttons. Plus, the structure has way too much cowl shake to even be comfortable. I did consider picking up a used Allante at one point but after hearing how expensive parts are nowadays and the fact they use some pretty sophisticated electronics scared me away.

Aron9000
05-31-11, 02:59 AM
I've driven an Allante, have had some more extensive seat time behind a 2nd gen NB Miata, and owned a 98 Camaro Z28 rag top. I can tell you that the latter two cars are far superior automobiles because they subscribe to the "Keep it simple stupid" mantra. Believe it or not the Z28 had the best soft top out of the bunch, it was powered, insulated, sealed great, and had a glass rear window. A far superior setup to the Allante.

I really think the Allante is another GM failure IMO. Its FWD, indifferent build quality, rattles, 4.1 v8 sucks, 1993 N* eats headgaskets, and the interior seems really 1980's Atari gimmicky. I hate the "moar buttons equals moar luxary" theme of the interior. I'd much rather have a Benz R107(70's/80's SL roaster), those things are built like tanks even if they lack some of the Allante luxury features. IMO the R107 has more of a timeless elegance to it, especially the Euro version.

For a "boulevard" convertible, I think DUCKKY is a far superior machine, if you just want to cruise around with the top down in no particular hurry. DUCKKY just exudes charm and has a back seat, which IMO for just a cruiser convertible is absolutely vital. I really don't like 2 seat boulevarders like the Allante, Benz SL, Benz SLK, base XLR, etc. A big part of the fun of a boulevard convertible is taking all your friends along. That's why I love the old 60's convertibles like the Impala, Bonneville, Deville, Imperial LeBaron, or even the smaller Cutlass, Challenger, Chevelle, Lemans, etc.

As for Jesda, man you just need to buy a Miata. You've been mulling about it for years, just go buy one and keep the Seville for a practical car. You can pick up a nice, low mileage, garage kept, used on nice days only type of NA Miata for 4-6k. I'm sure you can unload DUCKKY for about $4000, hell I'd buy that Saab if I had the $$$$ and space for it right now.

Destroyer
05-31-11, 08:09 AM
...........and the interior seems really 1980's Atari gimmicky. I hate the "moar buttons equals moar luxary" theme of the interior.I remember someone commenting on an Allante's interior one time on how it looked like it could be "Darth Vaders bathroom". :cool2:

Destroyer
05-31-11, 08:14 AM
alot of people speak on allantes based on what they hear. leave it to the intarwebz and the top is the most ridiculous ever.

nevermind the fact that i can have my top up or down in 45 seconds, 30 if its getting ready to rain.

when the allante came out that gen SL was already 15 years old. most call it a mature platform, but if it was a cadillac, it would have been archaic. people bash the top for being a manual top, but the allante was supposed to be an italian inspired luxury sport roadster. the sl at the time didnt have an auto top. but thats ok because its mercedes.

my allante doesnt squeak or rattle, since i lubed the seals on both tops.I think the Allante is a great looking car but that is where it ends for me. back in the early to mid 90's I had much exposure to Allante's and other classic cars from a dealer I worked with. The SL Mercedes felt like it was carved from a piece of granite in comparison. The Allante was much more disco-like where the MB was more functional. That cold look of the MB has it's own charms though.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 11:15 AM
I think the Allante is a great looking car but that is where it ends for me. back in the early to mid 90's I had much exposure to Allante's and other classic cars from a dealer I worked with. The SL Mercedes felt like it was carved from a piece of granite in comparison. The Allante was much more disco-like where the MB was more functional. That cold look of the MB has it's own charms though.

this sucks you guys put me in defense mode of my car. of course everyone is entitled to their opinion of a car but some of your opinions seem to be unfair and based on little to no time with the car. Destroyer is the only one who says he spent alort of time with the car, everyone else says "i looked at it until..." or "i drove one and.." "i read that..."

Im not defending the Allante per say, cause we all know it has its quirks. Its not the nightmare of plastic and buttons people make it out to be though. most of the criticism comes from it being a cadillac or not a mercedes. the same thing happened to the xlr, in a bunch of comparisons the reviewer would say the xlr (or allante) beat the SL in every category, then would give the win to mercedes due to brand heritage, in other words "it wins because its a mercedes".

to mercedes, moar buttons still equals moar luxury
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__kjL7rUis08/SEQ26wp6LpI/AAAAAAAABfQ/Y_NNClBJlN4/s400/interior+Mercedes+Benz+E+Class

I dont understand what allantes you guys have been driving to complain about rattles. I heard a few squeaks going over bumps when i first got mine, but it was the rubber seals on the hardtop and then the soft top rubbing against more rubber. I used krytox on the seals and the squeaks and "rattles" were gone. This is not new, krytox is mentioned on just about every convertible car forum out there. I have my door panel off right now to put in infinity speakers, the metal door rods and all the harnesses are hanging out, and i STILL dont get rattling like i did in my 96 eldo.

I havent driven the 4.1 so i cant comment, but you must be right since they went to the 4.5...the 4.5 has plenty of power for me, I dont race and i dont cruise the boulevard, not since i was about 20. This car takes me to work, takes me and the gf out shopping, takes me comfortably on the highway to my hometown and takes us to the beach. Its more a personal luxury vehicle than a boulevard cruiser.

can someone elaborate on why the top is a pain in the ass?

ted tcb
05-31-11, 11:36 AM
Its not much fun defending your pride and joy ... but the comments don't appear
to be personal.
From what I've read, most people seem to be talking about Allante's when they
were new cars. Very expensive, going head to head with exotics, but on a
fwd platform, serviced by a dealer network who didn't always understand the
car.
Now, as a used car, what a tremendous value, one which puts the Allante into a
whole new picture. For $5 to $8 grand, what a fun boulevard cruiser for sunny
days.
I would proudly drive an Allante that I'd purchased at the right price.
And that's from an owner of a perfect 1991 Miata!
Different cars for different purposes.
Pulling up to the golf course, or going out to the theatre in the Allante would
be very rewarding.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 11:43 AM
Its not much fun defending your pride and joy ... but the comments don't appear
to be personal.
From what I've read, most people seem to be talking about Allante's when they
were new cars. Very expensive, going head to head with exotics, but on a
fwd platform, serviced by a dealer network who didn't always understand the
car.
Now, as a used car, what a tremendous value, one which puts the Allante into a
whole new picture. For $5 to $8 grand, what a fun boulevard cruiser for sunny
days.
I would proudly drive an Allante that I'd purchased at the right price.
And that's from an owner of a perfect 1991 Miata!
Different cars for different purposes.
Pulling up to the golf course, or going out to the theatre in the Allante would
be very rewarding.

oh im not taking it personal. but yea its like people are insulting my baby :(

Just another little note here, if the allante was a failure then based on sales the XLR was an embarrassment. in 7 years the allante sold 21430, where in the same time, the xlr "only" sold 15448

jayoldschool
05-31-11, 12:40 PM
I'm sure that shipping car bodies half way around the world was cost effective, too:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1987-1993-cadillac-allante-12.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 12:53 PM
when did this become a "bash the allante" thread?

Playdrv4me
05-31-11, 07:23 PM
I equate the R129 and the Allante similarly as they both have that "90s look" and an equal share of technological faux-pas (remember the idiotic power rearview mirror in the early R129s?).

The R107 however is another story entirely... That thing is about as close to a timeless classic as we got in the last 20 years (at the end of it's run). A perfect garage would contain that alongside a GNx. Whole different ballpark from the other two.

Destroyer
05-31-11, 08:13 PM
this sucks you guys put me in defense mode of my car. of course everyone is entitled to their opinion of a car but some of your opinions seem to be unfair and based on little to no time with the car. Destroyer is the only one who says he spent alort of time with the car, everyone else says "i looked at it until..." or "i drove one and.." "i read that..."

Im not defending the Allante per say, cause we all know it has its quirks. Its not the nightmare of plastic and buttons people make it out to be though. most of the criticism comes from it being a cadillac or not a mercedes. the same thing happened to the xlr, in a bunch of comparisons the reviewer would say the xlr (or allante) beat the SL in every category, then would give the win to mercedes due to brand heritage, in other words "it wins because its a mercedes".

I havent driven the 4.1 so i cant comment, but you must be right since they went to the 4.5...the 4.5 has plenty of power for me, I dont race and i dont cruise the boulevard, not since i was about 20. This car takes me to work, takes me and the gf out shopping, takes me comfortably on the highway to my hometown and takes us to the beach. Its more a personal luxury vehicle than a boulevard cruiser.

Like Ted said. They are such a bargain that most any of us would own one now. I should have looked at it for what it is today I suppose, a sweet looking (almost nostalgic) 'vert for chump change. You definitely got the best motor of all the Allante's. The 4.1 was weak and the N* was more problematic. Understand though, this was not an attack on YOUR car.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 08:20 PM
Like Ted said. They are such a bargain that most any of us would own one now. I should have looked at it for what it is today I suppose, a sweet looking (almost nostalgic) 'vert for chump change. You definitely got the best motor of all the Allante's. The 4.1 was weak and the N* was more problematic. Understand though, this was not an attack on YOUR car.

no of course, the attacks on my car were in the other thread (donky donk donk :sneaky:)

Playdrv4me
05-31-11, 08:33 PM
Yeah no doubt they are a bargain, *IF* you are willing to keep up with the maintenance. This is one of those cars where if you found a mint one at a reasonable price and the HGs did go, it would definitely be worth doing. And in my opinion, the slight decontenting of the 1993 N* models is a reasonable sacrifice for some of the cleaner, more modern looking materials, and the lack of some of the more complex and hard to find mechanicals of the older cars (Early ABS brake system etc).

Destroyer
05-31-11, 08:45 PM
no of course, the attacks on my car were in the other thread (donky donk donk :sneaky:)Oh yeah, you have 22's on it right? I'm not into that look but it ain't my car so............

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-31-11, 08:53 PM
I always thought the Allante had one of the most beautiful sets of tail lamps on any car from the last 25 years.

(ETA, how do I add the symbol over the "e" in Allante?)

drewsdeville
05-31-11, 09:00 PM
Like this? : Ú

In Windows, use the character map in the system tools folder. Otherwise, the shortcut is alt + 0233 .

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-31-11, 09:12 PM
Actually, I always thought the Allantes (your shortcut doesn't work on a Macbook) were a good looking car from all angles. Good looking in a beautiful, yet subtle way. They don't make any loud statements or shout anything out, but looking at them you know it's a classy car.

Sevillian273
05-31-11, 09:40 PM
If you put your car on the internet (to show it to other people), you may impress one crowd, but the car will be open to criticism as well. People pass by you everyday who dont like something about your car. The only difference is that on this fine series of tubes, you're going to hear about it!

Didnt we just come to the conclusion in another thread that one should not care about others opinions of their car as long as he(the owner) likes it the way it is? There's always going to be two or more camps for every conceivable automobile.

Anyways, I like the Allante. I think it's a neat little gem of European style and old school pushrod engineering. Having owned the standard 4.5, I really dig the intake runner setup on the Allante. 200hp and a meaty american v8 growl in that light little 2 seater looks like a good time to me. And as a guy who cant keep his hands off of every nut and bolt on his cars, I'd be willing to take on the technical challenges that may come with owning one.

When considering a car like this, one must ask "How much crap am I willing/able to put up with?"

STS_Seville_Hunter
05-31-11, 10:26 PM
I really don't see whats so special about the R107 honestly I think they drive like GMC trucks and look very dated especially with the US bumpers. The W126 coupe was a much better sleeker looking car. However I think its a completly different story with the R129 the later ones still look contemporary and imo a much more classic design.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 10:29 PM
destroyer, theyre "only" 20's
also on windows if you use the number pad to the right of the keyboard you can get the Ú by holding alt then typing 130
Chad i agree about the tailights, oddly they are the one part of the car i can never stop staring at. i really liked how they were keyed on some cars for example blue cars got blue striping on the inside of the tails which gave it a blue tinted look black got black gold got gold etc.

sevillian i agree about opinions on my car and i know what comes with putting my car on the web. however i made a suggestion about a car and suddenly everyone was transported back to 86, with a writing assignment for car and driver.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-31-11, 10:32 PM
I really don't see whats so special about the R107 honestly I think they drive like GMC trucks and look very dated especially with the US bumpers. The W126 coupe was a much better sleeker looking car. However I think its a completly different story with the R129 the later ones still look contemporary and imo a much more classic design.

i really prefer the r129 over the r107 as well at least looks wise. i really think if mercedes hadnt redesigned the allante may have stood a better chance. with the r129 design though merc knocked it out of the park. (even though there are some striking similarities to the allantÚ, i guess that to be expected in that class)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-31-11, 10:40 PM
R129 is beautiful, R107 was boring, chunky and the design ran wayy to long.

Playdrv4me
05-31-11, 10:48 PM
Frankly, I prefer the Allante over the R129... Primarily because the R129 is just a modern car same as anything else. It definitely looks the part of the decade it came from and in my opinion has not aged nearly as well as either the Allante or especially the R107. As Levar Burton says however... "You don't have to take my word for it". The R107 endured for nearly two decades virtually unchanged, while the 129 only lasted half that amount of time.

As for riding like a truck, it's essentially a 40 year old car... there will be some tradeoffs. I owned a 560SEC and I assure you it wasn't much better.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-31-11, 11:01 PM
I think the Allante's interior was awesome as well, especially with the quasi-digital dash.

ben.gators
05-31-11, 11:05 PM
oh im not taking it personal. but yea its like people are insulting my baby :(

Just another little note here, if the allante was a failure then based on sales the XLR was an embarrassment. in 7 years the allante sold 21430, where in the same time, the xlr "only" sold 15448

I have been following your posts and threads for a long time and I know you well enough to say you are a great guy, and you have a hell of car, but the rims suck! :D

77CDV
05-31-11, 11:08 PM
It's not that I don't like the Allante. I think it's a very nicely styled car that still looks contemporary and fresh 25 years on. A member of the local CLC has two (a 1991 and a 1993), which I've gotten to drive and ride in a number of times (for the record, I prefer the 1991). They sort of remind me of a lower slung, scaled down version of my ETC. But watching her fiddle with the soft top, it just seems to me like it's more bother than it ought to be. Perhaps it gets easier with practice. She doesn't seem to mind it, actually finds it fun to show off.

Anyway, I wasn't bagging on your car, CEO. If an Allante happend to find its way into my garage, I certainly wouldn't kick it out. I just don't have the desire to own one like I did when they were new.

orconn
05-31-11, 11:25 PM
It's not that I don't like the Allante. I think it's a very nicely styled car that still looks contemporary and fresh 25 years on. A member of the local CLC has two (a 1991 and a 1993), which I've gotten to drive and ride in a number of times (for the record, I prefer the 1991). They sort of remind me of a lower slung, scaled down version of my ETC. But watching her fiddle with the soft top, it just seems to me like it's more bother than it ought to be. Perhaps it gets easier with practice. She doesn't seem to mind it, actually finds it fun to show off.

Anyway, I wasn't bagging on your car, CEO. If an Allante happend to find its way into my garage, I certainly wouldn't kick it out. I just don't have the desire to own one like I did when they were new.

You guys are wimps, if the thought of no power top puts you in a panic a less than silky smooth manual transmission would put you over the edge >>>> and you would be misssing some of the truly great rides avalable to car guys.

I happen to like the Allante, a nice "boulevardier" with style, not seen in so great numbers as to be a bore.

cadillac kevin
05-31-11, 11:28 PM
I've seen a couple allantÚs around town. IMO its a sexy car 20+ years later. definitely a head turner (for me anyways.) anyways, I think the 4100 allantÚ was a joke for a roadster, but the 4500 and n* ones were pretty cool with more than enough power to compete with its respective competition. I actually like the look of the 80's atari dash. the "digital" gauges were pretty cool. the taillights always struck me as really cool, and IMO its way cooler than its cousin, the buick reatta. saw a reatta last time I went to the junkyard- kinda reminded me of a late 90's cavalier styling wise. I really can't believe those cars are related.

orconn
05-31-11, 11:38 PM
Ah, yes, the Buick Reatta "the car for ladies that lunch" ... at the golf club!

Stingroo
06-01-11, 12:10 AM
Frankly, I prefer the Allante over the R129... Primarily because the R129 is just a modern car same as anything else. It definitely looks the part of the decade it came from and in my opinion has not aged nearly as well as either the Allante or especially the R107. As Levar Burton says however... "You don't have to take my word for it". The R107 endured for nearly two decades virtually unchanged, while the 129 only lasted half that amount of time.

As for riding like a truck, it's essentially a 40 year old car... there will be some tradeoffs. I owned a 560SEC and I assure you it wasn't much better.

Wouldn't he say "Take a look, it's in a book..."?

greencadillacmatt
06-01-11, 01:05 AM
^Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Aron9000
06-01-11, 01:28 AM
Wouldn't he say "Take a look, it's in a book..."?

I was thinking more along the lines of "Captain, we could use a tachyon beam to advance the story line "

Destroyer
06-01-11, 08:00 AM
i made a suggestion about a car and suddenly everyone was transported back to 86, with a writing assignment for car and driver.
Nice! :thumbsup:

ted tcb
06-01-11, 11:07 AM
Where is Jesda in this thread?

Out purchasing a Miata?

OffThaHorseCEO
06-01-11, 11:23 AM
Where is Jesda in this thread?

Out purchasing a Miata?

i was gonna say, "all of this back and forth and jesda has yet to even comment..."

hueterm
06-01-11, 03:43 PM
He's in Thailand, isn't he?

Levar would be saying: Where is my barette (sp?)?

CarGuy1994
06-01-11, 04:13 PM
My least favorite Cadillac...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-01-11, 07:30 PM
He's in Thailand, getting an operation so he'd be more fitting to drive pink Miata...

On a side note, my buddy's '02 Corvette has a manual soft top as well. I was surprised to see that it's not power in a $50,000 car.

77CDV
06-01-11, 07:33 PM
A fully manual soft top would be fine. One less thing to go wrong. The semi-manual, semi-power thing the Allante has going on just seems needlessly fussy.

Jesda
06-02-11, 04:49 AM
I'm a fan of the Allante but age rather than complexity makes them a bit of a challenge to own. The Seville is a high maintenance car so my #2 needs to be as simple as water. Hopefully the Saab sells while I'm out of town (hello from Thailand) so I can begin shopping for a Miata right away, preferably an NB.

ben.gators
06-02-11, 01:56 PM
I watched Hangover 2 last weekend.... Be careful Jesda, just saying! :D