: So i used the "Record Back Track" for navigation for the first time

KevinOpp
05-30-11, 02:43 AM
we were driving to a location that the GPS gave us cruddy options for; what could be 1:10 drive was showing approximately 1:45 when fastest, shortest, and easiest options were selected, even though they were all different routes. we needed to take the back roads and cut straight though. and we did. i used the Record Back Track feature for the first time. it left little Hansel and Gretel bread crumbs along our route, which had quite a few turns in it. and we've used it several times in the past few days, following our little bread crumbs. but i sure wish there was a way to turn those crumbs into a real navigation line, particularly so the voice over would give notice of the turns coming up. i know that i can turn the feature on and off without deleting the data, but i just wanted to make sure there was no way to make it an "official" navigation route. correct? all i can think to do is try to pick a start and ending point and then use the waypoint (only 3 can be added) to see if it figures out what we are trying to do.

Smokin' SRX
05-30-11, 10:00 AM
I do the same thing. EI........I want a route for a somewhat regular trip thru a large city and the Nav will not give me the fastest route. (I know the approx way, but like the lane reminders and pre-warnings of Nav) All I too can figure is to pick waypoints by touching map, and bouncing from one to the other.

Is there a way to draw a route by finger, onto the screen? Some other map programs allow this.

SS

sube5186
05-30-11, 02:37 PM
I can't find it in the manual, but I'm sure I read that the "back tracks" feature is primarily for "off road" use (like we're really taking the SRX through a desert, jungle or woods).

Sube