: Another Question - Rear Entertainment System

Kuya
05-30-11, 01:03 AM
Ok, so we found that although we never had an interest in the rear Entertainment system (as we do not have kids) . . our Premium SRX came with this and today we decided to test it out. ..

Guess what? We LOVE it. It is like Theater quality . . the sound, the picture . . it's kinda like being VIP on a private jet.

Question: Seems like whenever I turn the car off, we have to restart the DVD, and it goes all the way to the beginning again. Person in the back has to forward to the right chapter and find where it left off. Bit annoying.

I know we are doing something wrong. How do we get it to just continue where it left off after we made a quick pit stop to run into the service rest stop?

thanks

Smokin' SRX
05-30-11, 11:04 AM
I only have it in my Yukon Denali, and no way to retain memory when power is killed. Same at my home theatre........... We can put a man on the moon, but....... LOL

SS

Kuya
05-30-11, 11:18 AM
LOL! No biggie . . . . was just hoping.

So, what do you do on a long trip, when you have to stop for gas and kill the engine? The viewers need to F Fwrd to where they left off each time?

Smokin' SRX
05-30-11, 11:20 AM
Yeah, chapter search/fast forward..........or leave someone in the car and put on Pause! LOL

sube5186
05-30-11, 03:07 PM
It is NOT supposed to work like that. If you turn the car off, when you restart the car the DVD should resume where it left off. This is how mine works. If you press the "stop" button on the remote once, when you press "play" the movie will resume where it left off. If you press the "stop" button twice, when you press "play" the movie will start from the beginning.

Sube

Kuya
05-30-11, 03:42 PM
I will go out and test this . . . and report back.

Thanks for the info

It is NOT supposed to work like that. If you turn the car off, when you restart the car the DVD should resume where it left off. This is how mine works. If you press the "stop" button on the remote once, when you press "play" the movie will resume where it left off. If you press the "stop" button twice, when you press "play" the movie will start from the beginning.

Sube

Kuya
05-30-11, 04:03 PM
Update: You are correct! The DVD does pick up right where it left off. Guess we were going about it the wrong way. I was activating the DVD player via the front console. And it was always going back to the beginning . . but if I just leave it alone and the backseat rider uses the remote to simply turn on and press play . .it picks up right where it left off.

Thanks for the information . . . exactly what I was looking for!

Smokin' SRX
05-31-11, 08:30 PM
Hey Sube, good info: use the rear control! Why is there always a disparity with equipment? Can ya make my Yukon DVD work that way too?? LOL

SS